Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Oh god those stupid Dublin charity selling things type people.. Why so cringy why do that to me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

deise_girl wrote: »
    Oh god those stupid Dublin charity selling things type people.. Why so cringy why do that to me?!
    Looking angry and saying "No" is usually enough to keep them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Lawliet wrote: »

Also earphones, reading an engrossing text or temporary deafness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

This doesn't work if they know you. Then they call your name and you feel double guilty if you don't respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Lawliet wrote: »

Also

ME NO SPEAKY D'INGLESE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Hate that :( I can't be mean to charity people. I just put on a sad guilty face and I mumble "im so sorrrrrrrry" and keep my head down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Madonna and her non-stop publicity stunts for her shítty MDNA tour are getting on my tits.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It's nearly worse when they get you on the phone... I got a call from a [CHARITY NAME REDACTED] worker once. She started the call by thanking me for a fairly sizable donation I'd made for the [EVENT NAME REDACTED], then blindsided me trying to get me to set up a direct debit. When I said that I was a student trying to live off a grant she tried to guilt me saying "Did you know that just €5 a week could stop a child from dying?!?" And I'm too polite to just hang up on them so it took another two or three minutes of extreme awkwardness until she'd leave me alone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Y'all think thats bad? My housemates once let a guy from Dogs Trust INTO OUR HOUSE!!!!

I threw him out and informed him I was a cat person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

So an online shop altered my email to make it look like I was wrong it seems and for some strange reason my copy was "lost", how convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Being a complete soulless bastard I tend to just walk through chuggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Luno wrote: »
    So an online shop altered my email to make it look like I was wrong it seems and for some strange reason my copy was "lost", how convenient.

Since it's online, I'm assuming you paid with a card. Is there any way you could get a statement or something with your recent transactions on it? You should be refunded the extra money of the items you didn't receive. (I'm assuming this is the same problem where you only got half of your order?)

It sucks.:(

Davidius wrote: »
    Being a complete soulless bastard I tend to just walk through chuggers.
    That's not being souless; that's just common sense

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Since it's online, I'm assuming you paid with a card. Is there any way you could get a statement or something with your recent transactions on it? You should be refunded the extra money of the items you didn't receive. (I'm assuming this is the same problem where you only got half of your order?)

It sucks.:(

Yeah it was the half order, they just refunded me for a cheaper item. It's only putting me 6 euro out of pocket so I think I'm going to leave it as is but they definitely altered my email when they quoted it which annoys me. Thanks for the advice though :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Have I mentioned before that I hate 3 Mobile?

Because I do.

I hate them.

So much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Yeah it was the half order, they just refunded me for a cheaper item. It's only putting me 6 euro out of pocket so I think I'm going to leave it as is but they definitely altered my email when they quoted it which annoys me. Thanks for the advice though :)

No bother, I'd be annoyed if this happened to me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Saw one in my town today, they're spreading to the suburbs /hides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The key is to look as unhinged as possible so they won't approach you. A menacing smile and intermittent mumbling about JFK or "the greys" should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Talking jive is quite effective

Talking jive is quite effective

You jiiive turkey!

You've got to sass it!

• Advertisement

You think charity groups are bad? Walking home today I was approached twice by people asking would I like to be a part of god's family. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

You think charity groups are bad? Walking home today I was approached twice by people asking would I like to be a part of god's family. :(

The junkies at the busstop are my favorite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Have I mentioned before that I hate 3 Mobile?

Because I do.

I hate them.

So much.

If you're saying that because of their internet, I feel I should point out that eircom are probably worse unless you live in a city or large town. And that 3 are a private company, so in no way obliged to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

My plans are just made for failure...

I'm fairly sure about 20% of the plans I make with friends actually happen. AAAAHH.

My family are so annoying, I'm trying to organize something for my parents 30th anniversary, nothing big just a meal out to mark to day since the real gift (a trip to Australia) is months away -but they're all being incredibly frustrating. One of my brothers in Galway didn't even tell me his girlfriend was going to be there or what day they'd be down at, I had to find out from my mum , and he still hasn't told me what time he'll be here. My other brother in London is just as bad, he's told me nothing and I can't even indirectly get information because we're keeping his visit a surprise. And I'm here like "Guys, I need to book things, tell me shit!"

If you're saying that because of their internet, I feel I should point out that eircom are probably worse unless you live in a city or large town. And that 3 are a private company, so in no way obliged to help you.

I'm saying it because of their inconsistency. Had pretty good service for about three weeks, but the past week and a half we've been back to dial-up speeds.

And I'd disagree that they're "not obliged to help me", since I'm a customer, I think they should be obliged to provide a decent service.

It's more just a general frustration with the broadband infrastructure in this country, which 3 bears the brunt of at the moment since they're my ISP. I'm sure if we still had the Vodafone modem that post I made yesterday would have read:

"I hate Vodafone.

So much."

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I hate hot weather like this. Absolutely hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I hate hot weather like this. Absolutely hate it.

Ain't too hot here.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Lost passport. Need to apply for new one, which would be grand if id any other photo ID like i have nooooothing else! How in name of god am i supposed to get any ID if i have no other. So confused and its SOOOO warm!

Cranky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Why do I act like such an ass sometimes for such weird reasons..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement