Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    So it's still selling poorly then?

It's selling really well actually, much better than most consoles in year one. Put it this way, it's sold over 10% of the lifetime sales of the Megadrive/Genesis in 6 months. Not bad then at all considering it still has the christmas period ahead of it. The problem is investors with no clue of the games industry getting scared that their nintendo shares will drop because the 3DS isn't looking like another 150+ million selling console like the DS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's selling really well actually, much better than most consoles in year one. Put it this way, it's sold over 10% of the lifetime sales of the Megadrive/Genesis in 6 months. Not bad then at all considering it still has the christmas period ahead of it.

You can't compare it to 20 year old relics for sales figures, economies etc were completely different towards today. The fact is most people who bought the 3DS did so because of a) launch hype & b) a drastic price cut.

I wouldn't buy into any hype about there being a 'crisis' either however, thats just headline sh1te. But even if it was selling well, & there's 1.6 million 3DS owners out there...the fact is those same people have been sitting on the unit for a lenght of time cursing Nintendo to get some games out for it.

In the long run, I won't be touching a Wii U until its established, no matter how much pressure I come under from a certain 9 year old gamer. That to me is where Nintendo has dropped the ball.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well you must not have been there for the N64, Gamecube, DS and Wii launches because it was the same deal then. It just goes part and parcel with getting a launch console. If you had a 360 at launch you will remember every person on your friends list playing the same game or else geometry wars for maybe 3 months until the next ok-ish game came out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,447 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

ger keogh wrote: »
    well people i found a cool site that u can get all the old console and they come stright to ur door their on facebook with their pics of what their selling

Do they sell Sega MegaSpams by any chance?

I'd also be interested in an Atari Spamuar and a Spamstation.

I get the same service through ebay, probably for cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

for 40 euro I'd deliver a megadrive aswell

You got stung junior!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Quick question anyone.
    has anyone got guardian heroes on xbla.
    I cant for the love of me set custom controls.
    i wanna play it on my cab but need to set custom buttons to do so.
    Its driving me mad.it lets you set em but then when ya play it makes no difference

I hope im not missing something simple.
    Can someone else give it a bash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well you must not have been there for the N64, Gamecube, DS and Wii launches because it was the same deal then.

How does the above mean the 3DS isn't selling less than expected?
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    It just goes part and parcel with getting a launch console.

I'll counter that old argument with my old argument. At the very least, new consoles don't have 15 year old ports as their mainstay attraction.
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    If you had a 360 at launch you will remember every person on your friends list playing the same game or else geometry wars for maybe 3 months until the next ok-ish game came out on it.

Don't think I had the 360 on launch, doubt it anyway.

Sure consoles sell badly at launch. But saying the 3DS is selling as expected just isn't reality.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do they sell Sega MegaSpams by any chance?

I'd also be interested in an Atari Spamuar and a Spamstation.

Once I don't have to play either Spam of Rage 2 or Golden Spam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

o1s1n wrote: »
    Super Mario 3D land better be good or else I'm giving up on the 3DS and flinging it out of a window.

Perish the thought!!

ML3D is gonna rule, I cannot wait to actually play a good game on my 3DS:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's just like Nintendo to release little of note for the guts of a year (more?) and then effortlessly blitz a new Mario, Mario Kart and Zelda in the space of a fortnight.

Dastardly fiends indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Skyward Sword

Best game Ever!!!!!!!

Get ready to see months of your life disappear guys

*Whistles lazytown song*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Help the poor Tanuki get his fur back from the evil Mario in this game from PETA:

http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/?utm_campaign=Mario+Kills+Tanooki&utm_source=PETA+Pitch&utm_medium=Media

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Lunatics wrote:
    By wearing Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it's OK to wear fur.

Oh, that's why I deep-seeded but confusing urges to skin Racoons alive most days.

Ah PETA, reliably hyperbolic.

I didn't even know Tanuki where real creatures!

Fcuk Peta

Skin the little bastards alive

We are at the top of the food chain*

7962269A.jpg

* Just beneath Dinosaurs

Oh. They go to E3 in the new Simpsons episode... absolutely loaded with background jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Oh. They go to E3 in the new Simpsons episode... absolutely loaded with background jokes.
    is that the one with Songify and Ned gets with Enda?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera wrote: »

Spoiler tags like :P

Just downloaded the first 5 episodes of the new series

Whacked them onto usb and plugged into the back of my new tv

happy days:D

• Advertisement

Sera wrote: »

This one aired only last night.

pjd24vln.jpg

I really want to play Dig Dug Revelations.

Oh and the new Family Guy is absolutely amazing.

the one I saw was all about Kiefer Sutherland, I liked the musical at the end, that was about it.
    Spoiler tags like :P
    they're going out since May get the diddly over it :pac:

387379_2660502753300_1277863976_3167977_278375632_n.jpg

Dan Hibiki, Street Fighter or Streetest Fighter?

385075_2660503033307_1277863976_3167979_1868834519_n.jpg

314329_2660503153310_1277863976_3167980_110913689_n.jpg

390609_2660502593296_1277863976_3167976_1139073874_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Good lord peta, "mario sends the message that its ok to wear fur"

Really? what sane rational person earth would think that? I think the message Tanooki suit mario actually sends is more like "anthropomorphic animals are cute".

i really can't stand peta because they confuse the issue when it comes to animal cruelty thanks to all their daft campaigns against video games and cartoons and the like.

in unrelated news I waaaaaant the zelda 3ds.

He does't actually wear the fur though... In folklore Tanukis have a shape shifting ability that is triggered by putting a leaf on their head. Mario takes on that ability when he picks up the leaf power up...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    He does't actually wear the fur though... In folklore Tanukis have a shape shifting ability that is triggered by putting a leaf on their head. Mario takes on that ability when he picks up the leaf power up...

And, lets not forget, they have giant testicles....

I wonder if some male cancer awareness charity could come out in opposition to Peta and say "Oi! Peta! Nooo! Mario's new Tanooki suit in fact subliminally informs males that's it's ok to check your testicles for lumps or other abnormalities and in fact it is you, Peta, that is pro-testicular cancer!!!"

Yeah, now that's a youtube vid I'd like to see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And, lets not forget, they have giant testicles....

That's a youtube vid I'd like to see!!

Fixed :pac:

Being quite productive at Dark Souls at the moment. Got my ass handed to me about 20 times by the Capra Demon, I'm going to wait until I'm much higher level because he kills me within 5 seconds. Moonlight butterfly was a bitch but I eventually took it out after getting some magic and discovering that my dex character kicks ass with bows. Surprisingly few moments where I wanted to put the game in the freezer. Game of the Year I'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,447 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Leveling up really won't help that much with the Capra Demon unfortunately. It's all just a matter of luck as to where those dogs end up when you go through the fog. It's a really badly designed boss battle.

You just have to get it right in those first few seconds. If you manage to get passed the dogs/up the stairs and then kill them, the rest of the fight is pretty easy.

• Advertisement

Yeah he seems like he'd be easy to beat if it wasn't for those stupid dogs. I can get up the stairs but then the camera lets me down and Capra Demon gets me before I can kill them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement