Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

General Retro Discuss XL!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Or, for the Nippon-ophiles, General Retro Discussion LL!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Doge

I nominate "Grandson of Cider....i mean uh, General Retro Discussion!" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Jesus, already, that seemed really fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Or, for the Nippon-ophiles, General Retro Discussion LL!

That....is actually brilliant.

It just needs a 'Super' at the front of it and a 'GO! GO!' at the end to make it perfect. :)

(You could also add 'Premium Box' after Super and before General just for extra Nihon-ness :))

• Advertisement

...oh, and err... less than 12 hours to go now until 'the big one'. So I'm watching this as we pack our suitcases, just to get in to the holiday mood. :D

Pyongyang wrote: »
    ...oh, and err... less than 12 hours to go now until 'the big one'. So I'm watching this as we pack our suitcases, just to get in to the holiday mood. :D

Hope you have an awesome time pyongster!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Yeh, have fun :D

all_nippon_airways.jpg

Thanks a mil! Can't wait! :D

colavending.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

coke comes out of his nether regions.

'I pee coke.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nearly there lads and lassies, nearly there!

So what is it?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sparks43 wrote: »
    So what is it?

:D

私は誰も持っていません、先生の前に1を見たことがありませんが、私はそれがホワイトホールです推測している。

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Get yourself to a Maid Cafe when you're over Pyongy. Don't bring the wife though, just say you're going nerd shopping or something.

Achilles wrote: »
    私は誰も持っていません、先生の前に1を見たことがありませんが、私はそれがホワイトホールです推測している。

whitehole.png

Steve SI wrote: »
    Get yourself to a Maid Cafe when you're over Pyongy. Don't bring the wife though, just say you're going nerd shopping or something.

Im in Abu Dhabi right now, waiting around for the next flight. A mere 12 hours.

Yowch!

Yowch!

What portable delights do you have to entertain you?

Are you on your windows phone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Steve SI wrote: »

Yowch!

Oh, pick us up 200 smokes while you're there cos my friend works in Saudi Arabia and brings me back smokes from abu dhabi because they're dirt cheap :P

Just got outside at Narita airport and, maybe its the jetlag, but im overwhelmed. Just nearly wept tears of joy at seeing my first vending machine.

Blubbing over a feckin vending machine for crying out loud!

Sayonara!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is it one of those dodgy vending machines we always hear about?

If so, blow your nose (!) in a pair of used schoolgirl knickers. What a way to start your holiday :D

Have fun dude! Remember what I said about that Batrider pcb! They'll be checking at Irish passport control!

Killing time tonight, we are both wrecked. Disney starts tomorrow.

The good news is, I got given a coupon at check-in. Did not pay any attention to it, got to the room and immediately saw the words NAMCO and GAME CENTER on the ticket.

Just frogmarched the wife to the annex of the hotel to NAMCOLAND and saw WALL TO WALL cute cabs, they look like Capcom Cute cabs but are NAMCO ones. No idea what model etc but WOW are they tiny! Casey120 I finally get the size of the Cute of yours sir! These things are miniscule!

Lots of Pachislo, Pachinko and Crane games too. On the game front it is a bit poor. Only Time Crisis 4 and a driving game. The rest is sticker machines and cranes. No TATE SHMUP SMUT unfortunately.

Asked yer wan on the way out if I could help myself to a flyer then watched her watching me in amazement as I helped myself to several of every single flyer they had. :D

Still cannot quite comprehend I am in Japan. It is very strange and I am still in a phase of jetlag and novelty. One thing though that will wake you out of your tired slumber.... MY GOD THIS COUNTRY IS EXPENSIVE.

30 Euro to use a swimming pool? Jog on lads!

Just went to the combini on site and found a RAKE of Sapporo at 400 yen each versus 800-1000 Yen a pint in the hotel bar. Party is in the room tonight then!

Sayonara for now.

Sincerely,

Michael Palin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cool little game (robbed shamelessly from the main game forum): http://www.mediafire.com/?vql3a6fbjq0qbbv

Play with headphones on. Spare pants from a vending machine are optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

You know I love stickers Pyongyang

2012-07-09-the-end-is-near.png

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yep. I definitely need a fan translation for this game.
    Or someone who can read kanji to constantly sit with me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yep. I definitely need a fan translation for this game.
    Or someone who can read kanji to constantly sit with me

Aw there's storyline? Is it easy enough to play though?

Aw there's storyline? Is it easy enough to play though?

Only got a quick go on my lunch. Lots more text then I was expecting but should be at least somewhat followable. This should help though

Holy hell......this is nearly impossible to play without english. So much text and instructions O_o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Question: Where's the best place to get a 72 pin connector for the NES? Currently only the power of optimism seems to get some games working on my NES.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Question: Where's the best place to get a 72 pin connector for the NES? Currently only the power of optimism seems to get some games working on my NES.

Ive bought a few from here..

http://www.rewind-bits.co.uk/nes-72-pin-replacement-cartridge-slot-connector.html

There is a discount code for boards floating around somewhere for that site too.

Ive bought off ebay before but they dont seem to be as good as the ones on this site.

Silly Sega. Cats cant be hedgehogs
    hello-kitty-sonic-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

said I was going off buying HK stuff, but I would yeah! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement