Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

kevin2me wrote: »
    aaah Crap Steve, I was in there last month,
    all there stuff had to be moved upstairs as Basement flooded or something.
    I wonder did those costs hurt them or something.

But great little shop, I got MINT boxed original Gameboy with tetris for 20 STG
    and an memory card for Dreamcast I got off you :)

Also picked up few games, their prices were really great,
    if they were in Ireland id happily visit them every week.

RIP game Focus.

Yeah, wish we had a shop like it in Ireland. Unfortunately The RAGE doesn't count :(
    I'd keep a shop like that running the amount of stuff i do get.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Steves Retro Corner shop - Coming soon 2013 :) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steves Retro Corner shop - Coming soon 2013 :) haha

It'd be pretty cool, but I'd never make any money as I'd wouldn't charge the same dodgy prices as all the other retro based shops in Dublin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Shame to see Game Focus go, always made a point of visiting them when over. Their prices were rather hit and miss, (20 quid for an unboxed Japanese Ys PSP game after their western releases and 70+ sterling for Blazblue before the western release...still almost bought it though!) but always managed to pick up something decent when there. My brother was there not too long ago and said there was nothing interesting there, they were probably up against the wall at that point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

this makes me very sad :( carving up a development xbox to make *that*

I normally hate when people hack apart perfectly good NES systems to put together a poorly cooled shoddy PC in the case, but this is about 1000 times worse. Just too stupid to comprehend :(

I don't think I've experienced this amount of bloodlust watching someone operate a rotary tool before. :mad:

1334181794408.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sera wrote: »

What
    The
    Sh!t

What
    The
    Sh!t
    all I can say is the start music is Earthbound

• Advertisement

just saw on FB, that RE6 premium ed is $1200 and comes with Leon's Jacket >link<

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

RE6, if it's anything like RE5 that better be a real nice Jacket, like, REAL nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

that coat could only look good if you have the same haircut as leon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not retro but, frak me, this looks like it could be awesome, at least that's what the cutscene containing no actual gameplay is telling me....
    Plus, he's ginger, which makes the game an insta-buy next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

that coat could only look good if you have the same haircut as leon

I think my mother has that haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Not sure if want...............
    TUMBLR.jpg
    http://www.theyetee.com/index.php?shirtid=XIII

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lost Planet 1 and 2 were tripe. Lost Planet 3 is being developed by the same team that made Turning Point and Legendary, aka the two worst FPS games this generation. I don't like calling things early but with Capcoms track record with farming things out to terrible western studios I'm calling shit sandwich early on this one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I thought Lost Planet 1 wasn't too bad. Well the first level anyway. :pac:

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Lost Planet 1 and 2 were tripe. Lost Planet 3 is being developed by the same team that made Turning Point and Legendary,

I'm surprised those guys were allowed live, thought for sure they'd form part of the foundations of a building somewhere after two such dreadful games.

Not sure if I can agree that the Lost Planet games were tripe, they had some wonderful art in there, pity about the really weird 3rd person controls though, given that you'd imagine Devil May Cry had shown how to move a game character in three dimensions, they decide to chuck it all out and go with hamish the mad badgers' ideas instead... "Bad Hamish!, stop eating your own faeces and tell us how should he turn and run again?!"

tiWs0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Steve SI wrote: »
    aaah Crap Steve, I was in there last month,
    all there stuff had to be moved upstairs as Basement flooded or something.
    I wonder did those costs hurt them or something.

But great little shop, I got MINT boxed original Gameboy with tetris for 20 STG
    and an memory card for Dreamcast I got off you :)

Also picked up few games, their prices were really great,
    if they were in Ireland id happily visit them every week.

RIP game Focus.

Yeah, wish we had a shop like it in Ireland. Unfortunately The RAGE doesn't count :(
    I'd keep a shop like that running the amount of stuff i do get.

Why doesn't the RAGE count?

Because it costs lots of money to shop there.
    You walk in with €50 thinking you can get loads of stuff and you walk out with 3 games and a feeling of being violated....
    Sometimes it's better to use eBay, just sometimes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Because we Irish are a nation of begrudgers who always need to find something to complain about :)

There is the cost of stuff in The RAGE which can be a bit high sometimes, but not always. But if you compare a retro shop(like the one that just shut in London) in which the people running it are passionate and knowledgeable in what they do to The RAGE its just not fair on The RAGE as they're not knowledgeable on the whole retro game thing as it's just a small part of their business.

I'm not starting another "lets pi$$ on The RAGE" conversation. It's just they aren't the same type of shop so you cant compare them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They're not getting another penny off me until they unblock me from Facebook.

If you google 'game focus' and look on English forums you find similar conversations to those that we've had here about the RAGE. Incidentally Game Focus were mentioned in Famitsu a while back, including a picture of the shop itself. The shop itself had no idea why they were in it :)
    Here we are:
    http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30245

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Because we Irish are a nation of begrudgers lazy cnuts who half arse things always giving people something who always need to find something to complain about :)

ghostchant wrote: »
    If you google 'game focus' and look on English forums you find similar conversations to those that we've had here about the RAGE. Incidentally Game Focus were mentioned in Famitsu a while back, including a picture of the shop itself. The shop itself had no idea why they were in it :)
    Here we are:
    http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30245

Well it's true that people will always bitch and moan about stuff (myself included from time to time) but I've been in Game Focus many times over the years and they weren't perfect but they were a damn good retro shop and a real loss as I picked up some real gems in there.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They're not getting another penny off me until they unblock me from Facebook.

Amusingly the crappy facebook app my iPhone keeps assigning your face to their updates. It's disconcerting.

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    Well it's true that people will always bitch and moan about stuff (myself included from time to time) but I've been in Game Focus many times over the years and they weren't perfect but they were a damn good retro shop and a real loss as I picked up some real gems in there.

Same here, I always liked paying a visit, and never walked out empty-handed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement