Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Small update on the new Neo-Geo portable, now called the "Neo-Geo X".

http://www.shacknews.com/article/72916/neo-geo-portable-coming-q2

ngp_21459.nphd.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Small update on the new Neo-Geo portable, now called the "Neo-Geo X".

http://www.shacknews.com/article/72916/neo-geo-portable-coming-q2

ngp_21459.nphd.png

Does the X stand for the amount in thousands its gonna cost? :p

EnterNow wrote: »
    Does the X stand for the amount in thousands its gonna cost? :p

Yes, very telling that they still haven't mentioned a price. They have said they want to make it more affordable and available to a wider audience. I predict it will cost no more than €149.99, if it does then it wont sell well. If they can get it to 89.99 then it's happy days.

I predict it will cost no more than €149.99, if it does then it wont sell well. If they can get it to 89.99 then it's happy days.

€89.99 would be a definite buy for me. Just hard to see anything labelled as Neo Geo being that cheap :o

EnterNow wrote: »
    €89.99 would be a definite buy for me. Just hard to see anything labelled as Neo Geo being that cheap :o

But it's built by Blaze so there is a chance it'll come in under €100(their stuff is usually cheapish, but also feels it). But i just have a feeling its going to be €149.99. If it hits €200 then most people will skip it me thinks.

Edit:
    If they can build this for £39.99 and make a profit then they should be able to build a much higher quality product for a few quid more and still keep it under £100 sterling at least.

streetfighter21.jpg
    http://www.blazeeurope.com/blaze-sega-megadrive-ultimate-handheld-super-street-fighter-ii-edition/prod_157.html

• Advertisement

But it's built by Blaze so there is a chance it'll come in under €100(their stuff is usually cheapish, but also feels it).

Yep agreed. The price tag will have to be a nice payoff between affordability, reliability & useability. I can't see it coming cheap, & if it does, it'll be for a reason :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just get an MVS. Much better value for money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And it has an SD card slot...
    Oh bugger, I think I just...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

But it's built by Blaze so there is a chance it'll come in under €100(their stuff is usually cheapish, but also feels it). But i just have a feeling its going to be €149.99. If it hits €200 then most people will skip it me thinks.

Edit:
    If they can build this for £39.99 and make a profit then they should be able to build a much higher quality product for a few quid more and still keep it under £100 sterling at least.

streetfighter21.jpg
    http://www.blazeeurope.com/blaze-sega-megadrive-ultimate-handheld-super-street-fighter-ii-edition/prod_157.html

Blaze being the manufacturer - is that a good or bad thing though? Are those cheapy handheld things they make actually any good? Does anyone here use one?

We're already into Q2 and no mention of a price or any videos of it in action online? Dodgy.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Blaze being the manufacturer - is that a good or bad thing though? Are those cheapy handheld things they make actually any good? Does anyone here use one?

We're already into Q2 and no mention of a price or any videos of it in action online? Dodgy.

I have a couple of their hand helds and one of their standard consoles.
    Build quality is generally low, screen quality on the hand helds is a joke and the abilities of the emulation is certainly not great.

But if they're willing to put the effort in and have a larger budget to spend per machine they could manufacture something decent, I think/hope.

Edit:
    http://www.retrovia.ie/showthread.php/8588-Blaze-AtGames-Sega-Megadrive-handheld
    I replaced the screen on this one and you can see the cheapness of the case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hey, got the head thumped off me in work this morning, part of the job but still came as a surprise!
    Only caught the top of my head with a few punches so my looks are unaffected!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hey, got the head thumped off me in work this morning, part of the job but still came as a surprise!

Never a good idea to work with your spouse. Were you caught ordering video games again :p

Nope, trying to get blood off a guy, bang bang bang...
    Lotsa paper work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Nope, trying to get blood off a guy

Was he saying Darius was crap? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭Doge

Nope, trying to get blood off a guy, bang bang bang...
    Lotsa paper work!

Sorry to hear that man. Was it the patient himself that attacked?

A bad incident happened down in Cork University Hospital lately
    A man went crazy and attacked nurses with an iron bar I think, they had to lock themselves into a room which he then tried to break down with a fire extinguisher.

Took a while for security to arrive, as there's possible less on due to cut backs.

Must be a tough place to work during a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

People of the internets I summon you to tell me the best Wii games.
    Got one earlier and need to know, I have not being paying attention to the wii in the last few years so am out of the loop so to speak.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

pdbhp wrote: »
    Got one earlier and need to know, I have not being paying attention to the wii in the last few years so am out of the loop so to speak.:D
    Fragile :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

944449_98719_front.jpg
    Wii_MilestoneShootingCollection2_001.jpg
    StarSoldierR_061009-14.jpg

Sera wrote: »
    Fragile :pac:

Looks good, never heard of it though. Is it available in PAL...

Feck this how shall I go about soft modding my Wii

• Advertisement

@Pyongyang that Milestone Shooting Collection is not that expensive, I was expecting it to be astronomical in price... I am happy:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pyongyang wrote: »
    944449_98719_front.jpg
    Wii_MilestoneShootingCollection2_001.jpg
    StarSoldierR_061009-14.jpg

Or alternatively he could buy some good games. I hate Milestone shmups!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Zak and Wiki is a joy, confined to bargain bins for years. Don't let the cutesy visuals turn you off a very clever puzzler.

Also: Sin & Punishment 2, No More Heroes... Also all those Nintendo ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭Doge

Edit: it was the wrong fupping link, fixed now:

I'd recommend Fragile Dreams, one of the most emotionally involving games this generation and criminally ignored. The combat is crap but narratively it makes up for it amazingly as well as the visuals. Ico-esque:

Also Opoona. A very unfairly ignored RPG which is a bit like Earthbound. amazing soundtrack:

Plenty of other great games on it, it's a great console for the niche stuff. I'd recommend Endless Ocean, A boy and his blob, Batman Brave and the Bold, Boom Blox, Muramasa and Little Kings Story.

Also Xenoblade is the best JRPG since Persona 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

You've really got to stop telling patients that Streets of Rage is a big bag of sh*te.

Something on Teefury for the Poké-fans out there..

1330548110_BOTTOM-pikachu.jpg

Thanks gents for all the replies, gonna go hit up the shops today and see whats about, pity Game is gone cos they were practically giving the games away a few weeks ago:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thanks gents for all the replies, gonna go hit up the shops today and see whats about, pity Game is gone cos they were practically giving the games away a few weeks ago:(

I still miss game =\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Feck this how shall I go about soft modding my Wii
    I just used some random guide on the Internet, can't remember the exact one. Very very worthwhile though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement