Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just watched the RE6 trailer and it looks...different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Listened to you's guys podcast on the way into work this morning. I haven't played any of the Star Fox games but I enjoyed listening to the podcast regardless and look forward to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Looks like I'm getting a loan of a RED camera again next week. A EPIC this time and not the RED ONE.

Anything retro I should record in 5k?
    I've already done the candy cab and a few other bits in 4k with the RED ONE before xmas.

I'm getting the Red pro prime set of lense as well so I can test them out as I only had a 35mm last time.
    So anyone ever want some retro gameplay or anything recorded in 5k?

p_epic.png

I only got about 25mins of footage per 128GB memory cart on the RED ONE so I'm expecting about 15-20mins per 128GB on the EPIC at 5k so the videos cant be very long as I only have the one cart unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This is only fo Mother fans but Bryan from Gay Gamer (fantastic blog) has posted these shots of the instruction manual/poster from Mother. Loving the world map and clay figurines.

http://www.thegaygamer.com/2012/01/manual-stimulation-mother-famicom.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    This is only fo Mother fans but Bryan from Gay Gamer (fantastic blog) has posted these shots of the instruction manual/poster from Mother. Loving the world map and clay figurines.

http://www.thegaygamer.com/2012/01/manual-stimulation-mother-famicom.html

Looks like that new boards URL filterer doesn't like that link.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Weird, the link works for me?

Oh seems okay now. Must have been a temporary hiccup.

Black Amiga 1200 on Bones.

So many errors in this clip :)

Ever see this one with Prince of Persia on the xbox?

DinoRex wrote: »
    Ever see this one with Prince of Persia on the xbox?

Haha, but thats how its works, Right?

• Advertisement

There's another one in another cancelled cop show where the good guys chase the bad guy in an MMO as if the characters catching up to one another would even mean anything.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Haha, but thats how its works, Right?

I like how she can play Prince of Persia acoustically.

I like how she can play Prince of Persia acoustically.

Oh wait. Is she supposed to be blind. I must have missed that. Double badness :D

Oh wait. Is she supposed to be blind. I must have missed that. Double badness :D

Don't think so. But she's playing along just using her hands while the other guy is playing, that's how he spots that she must be REALLY good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There a "Level 10" in PoP?

The worst game in a show was the appearance of a Second Life type game in the truly awful Ghost Whisperer, now thankfully cancelled.

Don't think so. But she's playing along just using her hands while the other guy is playing, that's how he spots that she must be REALLY good!

American TV, you just gotta love it.
    My girlfriend hates watching CSI with me. Whenever anything technical comes on I just go mental with how wrong they are.

I mean who types emails in size 120 fonts, come on.

Ghost Whisperer did at least have two good things going for it.
    American TV, you just gotta love it.
    My girlfriend hates watching CSI with me. Whenever anything technical comes on I just go mental with how wrong they are.

I mean who types emails in size 120 fonts, come on.

Yep does my head in as well. Avatar was the worst. The way Sigourney Weaver handles that auto pipette. What are you doing woman!!!! Scientist me ballox.

We're getting hacked! Let's both use the one keyboard so we can work faster because that's how keyboards work!

We're getting hacked! Let's both use the one keyboard so we can work faster because that's how keyboards work!

Oh man, Hacking. As someone who used to "test" system vulnerabilities a long time ago it really makes me laugh when they show someone hacking or getting hacked in shows.
    Flashy flashy, green terminal screen in size 50 font, multiple windows opening and closing, the source html from some website scrolling etc etc etc. dude I just hacked you.

topic for your next podcast:
    ridiculous depections of videogames (and related, like what is mentioned above) in film and television

We all look forward to it.:D

• Advertisement

The real question is, has there ever been a good representation of games on screen?

The original Tron perhaps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

The real question is, has there ever been a good representation of games on screen?

Yes. Super Mario Brothers: The Movie. :pac:

Oh and lets not forget The Wizard!

The obvious answer is Gamecentre CX :)

My other vote goes to the wing commander movie.

Oh and lets not forget The Wizard!

I was flicking through Netflix last night and saw "The Wizard" listed. I'm tempted to watch it...

Adam Sandler plays Shadow of the Colossus in "Reign Over Me."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I was flicking through Netflix last night and saw "The Wizard" listed. I'm tempted to watch it...

UK/Eire Netflix? Think I'll be putting that on my Apple TV tonight, thanks for the heads up!

In general the games are played pretty normally in The Wizard if I remember correctly... well... except that it makes it look like the Power Glove is actually of some use.

It's an exploitative piece of ****. But it worked. It made me think that the powerglove was amazing and made me excited about Mario Bros 3 when I had a commodore at the time.

In general the games are played pretty normally in The Wizard if I remember correctly... well... except that it makes it look like the Power Glove is actually of some use.

I'm not sure about that, the girl in the film had psychic powers since she knew where the warp whistle was in a game that had yet to be released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Great news 'Tallafornia' is back on telly tonight so if any of you guys wanna watch a documentary on me tune in.
    I swear that it's a well written and thought out piece of celluloid art:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement