Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Actually was a very good podcast, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Did you say me-me? I was always of the thinking it was meme (meem)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

It is 'meem'. We're at the same point in this podcast. Spooky! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry, I only ever see it written never spoken :)

100215857_19915b48e5_z.jpg?zz=1

• Advertisement

Just finished there, very good lads.

When can we expect the next one? Plus I'd be up for doing one of you ever need someone to talk about the inaccuracy's of portrayal butchers in retro games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dinorex said something about doing it on the 28th, possibly about Hudson Soft since Konami are murdering them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Likewise. I'd be keen to get involved if it's an open forum. :)

I think a Legend of Dragoon episode is sorely needed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice podcast guys, haven't listened to it all yet but good stuff. Would defo listen to more, I'd say it would be good craic listening to some other folk and their views on things. I was a bit disappointed that your webpage background wasn't a playable version of PacMan though. :(
    Pyongyang wrote: »
    It is 'meem'. We're at the same point in this podcast. Spooky! :)

I always thought it was pronounced "mem" although I rarely congregate with other internet nerds in real Life so haven't heard it spoken aloud. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I say "meh meh" but one of the lads says "meem" and it wreaks my head, I think if it should be said meem it should have been spelled that way.
    Wiki says it's 'meem'
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    I always thought it was pronounced "mem"
    mem > meem

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sera wrote: »
    I say "meh meh" but one of the lads says "meem" and it wreaks my head, I think if it should be said meem it should have been spelled that way.
    Wiki says it's 'meem'

If you follow that "magic e" rule we were taught in primary school it does say meem :pac:

Ok that solves it. Blame Sera.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

If you follow that "magic e" rule we were taught in primary school it does say meem :pac:
    magic e can suck my big toe, I'm saying meh meh :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Meem FTW.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Meem FTW.

"Meem"? Nah that can't be correct. Reminds me of this chap. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

miːm in the IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) denotes 'meem'. That pointless linguistics class I had to take in my undergrad comes in handy sometimes :P

Press the little speaker over on this page: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/meme (as Steve SI also pointed out above while I was typing this :pac:)

The only way we can verify this any further is to contact the great Dawkins himself!

watsondawkins.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I don't have a huge amount of time to put in to researching stuff so very happy to have anyone on board to talk on the thing.

The radio studio is in Coolock on the northside of Dublin. If anyone wants to record one before the 28th then let me know. 28th is a saturday so might easier to get those who are further afield in.

Well Tuesdays and Fridays I'm free and can do most weekends when I'm not in Limerick.

I know its been discussed before but would ya consider skype for a podcast? Any idea what the results are like

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well Tuesdays and Fridays I'm free and can do most weekends when I'm not in Limerick.

You know, I was going to change that to in .... but I'm not that crass,

Of course I was going to say in love, of course ;)

Retiring my launch DS phat today. It's been seven years, and its still running like an absolute boss after I refused to answer the call of multiple hardware revisions. There were tough times - mostly Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan related - but they were good times, one and all. Here's to the sturdiest piece of hardware in recent memory. We shall meet again, brave prince.

Nintendo_DS_Trans.png

Those original DS's are absolute tanks.
    I broke my old lite by stepping on it getting out of bed :(
    Shouldnt have left it open :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

True that. The first fat DS I got was run over by a van and despite a cracked screen and unresponsive, but intact touch screen it powered up and still played games.

RE6 trailer is a fine example of how not to make one.
    FASTCUTS.NOCOHERENCY.ACTION.NEWCHARACTER.OLDCHARACTER.NEW.OLD.SLOW.JUMP.CUT.ACTION.
    GAMEPLAY.CUT.TALKING.OLD.OLD.OLD.NEW.SLIGHTPLOT.CUT.CUT.CUT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I know its been discussed before but would ya consider skype for a podcast? Any idea what the results are like

I can take skype calls in Studio 4. Skype can be a bit hit and miss though.

I can also take regular phone calls and put them through the desk in the bigger studio 3 and it can be just like the Joe Duffy show.

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    I can also take regular phone calls and put them through the desk in the bigger studio 3 and it can be just like the Joe Duffy show.

Shewer Sheila

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement