Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just waiting while steam downloads and pollutes my hard disk with Duke Nukem Forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

In work. Somebody kill me :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just waiting while steam downloads and pollutes my hard disk with Duke Nukem Forever.

Spent another hour with it last night. An extended 'Leeroy Jenkins' gag betrays its lengthy gestation period. Still better than the gameplay, though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm off now for a fortnight!
    Gods bless the HSE, gods bless everyone!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm off now for a fortnight!
    Gods bless the HSE, gods bless everyone!

Thought you meant away from the forum for a fortnight!

Imagine the stre threads of rage that would result. Probably be renamed the 'scrolling beat 'em-up' forum by the time you got back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

In work. Somebody kill me :(

You think you have it bad?

Try spending 3 days cloning hard drives and then to make things worse having to fix a desktop with a seriously fcked up hdd

But at least im off to the pub later

'Pub'? Ah yes, A meeting place where humans attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.":D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sparks43 wrote: »
    You think you have it bad?

Try spending 3 days cloning hard drives and then to make things worse having to fix a desktop with a seriously fcked up hdd

But at least im off to the pub later

'Pub'? Ah yes, A meeting place where humans attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.":D

Im here until 10 and have to deal with constant business people(in other words suck arses who dont have a fcuking clue about anything that isnt their hole) wanting everything but at the same time not knowing what the everything they want is and then everything they think they want they dont need and everything they dont know is what they do need but dont think they need it until they get to go home and im still stuck here.
    Useless bastards. Hope they die.

Actually getting to play with hardware would be heaven for me right now. Instead its just conferences

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Some amazing art/levels for Pullblox on the 3DS popping up around the place.
    Here's some from Edge's forum..
    http://www.next-gen.biz/forums/videogames/pullblox-3ds-game-deserves-be-latest-forum-thing

for example
    vW59v.jpg

Im here until 10 and have to deal with constant business people(in other words suck arses who dont have a fcuking clue about anything that isnt their hole) wanting everything but at the same time not knowing what the everything they want is and then everything they think they want they dont need and everything they dont know is what they do need but dont think they need it until they get to go home and im still stuck here.
    Useless bastards. Hope they die.

Actually getting to play with hardware would be heaven for me right now. Instead its just conferences

Douglas Adams would be proud of that Quote :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Seems like everyone here is complaining about work. I can out do ye all....trust me on that. But this is not a time for complaining, its a time for charity and giving and receiving and getting the auld shift off a lack down town and maybe getting a bit of a ham shank off one of her.

Still wondering what will i get myself for Christmas this year. Maybe a trip to ikea with my laser card :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Still wondering what will i get myself for Christmas this year. Maybe a trip to ikea with my laser card :)
    They had some on sale in Penneys and the bobbles for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

oh i meant as in a present for myself from myself. A toy like!

oh i meant as in a present for myself from myself. A toy like!
    Sorry I put the word tree in there myself :-) my brain is broken (more than usual )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Big sale on iOS games:

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/app-store/Holiday_2011_Sale

Cave games reduced too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sorry but working in retail until 11pm with snobby customers demanding items which they NEED for a gift and are long sold out that they were too lazy to get up off their fat arses and buy a few weeks ago is the worst :(

Sorry but working in retail until 11pm with snobby customers demanding items which they NEED for a gift and are long sold out that they were too lazy to get up off their fat arses and buy a few weeks ago is the worst :(
    One of my friends only finished a few minutes ago in Dunne Stores it's mad. Know the feel kinda but not so much more snobby/cross staff, got lucky with the customer think they felt sorry for me except this one posh bitch cribbing over the way I folded her pajamas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I heard that in Limerick, all retail staff have to wear Kevlar stab vests and riot gear to protect themselves from shoppers like that, is this true?

Also, I was told that at Christmas, people in Cavan are so mean and tight they take their kids to see Santa's grave.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I heard that in Limerick, all retail staff have to wear Kevlar stab vests and riot gear to protect themselves from shoppers like that, is this true?

Also, I was told that at Christmas, people in Cavan are so mean and tight they take their kids to see Santa's grave.

Jesus! lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Well it was no fun in my job either. Trying to fill a week and a bit of the schedule on the radio station when no one is around to do their programmes was a nightmare. And I just no there will be plenty of people who forget or fail to show up so have to have back up plans in place.

I'm even having to do my own programme on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Ouchie my poor head:( and no I didn't fall down the stairs I drank loads of beer and watched questionable TV last night so all my CChristmas cheer is totally gone whilst I'm in this condition.

Turns out I'm not getting any 3DS games off Santy:( but never fear cos I'm getting PSP and DS games instead, presumably Santy got confused by Nintendos marketing campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ouchie head as well. Met some of the guys and girls from college last night, was like old times :) Better than Duke Nukem Forever that's for sure.

Won't be getting a 3DS for chrimbo either. I got money from the parents and my mam asked me what I'd buy with it. I said a 3DS probably and she attacked me with the mop (no word of a lie) and told me it's for anything but videogames :)

Ouchie head as well. Met some of the guys and girls from college last night, was like old times :) Better than Duke Nukem Forever that's for sure.

Won't be getting a 3DS for chrimbo either. I got money from the parents and my mam asked me what I'd buy with it. I said a 3DS probably and she attacked me with the mop (no word of a lie) and told me it's for anything but videogames :)

Mothers will never get it at all, cold hard cash should only be spent on games, if she wanted you to get something sensible she should go out and buy it herself, maybe a new coat for the winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ouchie head as well. Met some of the guys and girls from college last night, was like old times

Wern't you still in college up to this year? :p

Pyongyang wrote: »

santa_RIP.jpg

Went to the pub with the family, had a coke as I was driving then off to the one and only light night showing of The Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas Movie, frakkin' hilarious!
    Best use of 3D ever!
    And you get to see Karl Penn's claymation cock!
    Seriously get to see it, if you can see it baked it'd be even better by I saw it sober and loved it!
    Worthy of a review I'd say Johnny U!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Went to the pub with the family, had a coke as I was driving then off to the one and only light night showing of The Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas Movie, frakkin' hilarious!
    Best use of 3D ever!
    And you get to see Karl Penn's claymation cock!
    Seriously get to see it, if you can see it baked it'd be even better by I saw it sober and loved it!
    Worthy of a review I'd say Johnny U!

While.my wife is with the Jungian school of thought I'm more along.the.lines.of.Freud and suggest that some.posters express their innermost desires through rearranging random words and phrases.

Pervert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

pretty sure if he had put in the middle words he left out it still looks just as bad :D

any good xbox shmups out there?(or any atall?)

weeder wrote: »
    ny good xbox shmups out there?(or any atall?)

Retail:

DoDonPachi Ressurection.
    Death Smiles.

XBLA:

Radiant Silvergun
    Ikaruga
    R-Type

• Advertisement

Too many good shmups!

I'd add the glorious Mushimesama Futari 1.5 and Espgaluda 2 to the list above. You have to import 'em, but worth every yen! Guwange is also available on XBLA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement