Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not a bad film that. Not a patch on The Driver with Ryan O'Neal though, if you like your driving. :)

That the movie from the early 80's, if so it's bloody brilliant, love the way he dismantles the car in the carpark

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, Xbox is the way to go.
    I have the GTA double pack and they look the business.
    San Andreas is best played there as well, the ps2 was pushed a bit too hard on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

that settles it so, now to find my erm, "backup" of vice city

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

pdbhp wrote: »
    That the movie from the early 80's, if so it's bloody brilliant, love the way he dismantles the car in the carpark

1978 but yep that's the film alright. Cracking scene that was, no messing with him at all when behind the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Andrew76 wrote: »
    1978 but yep that's the film alright. Cracking scene that was, no messing with him at all when behind the wheel.

1978 ouch!
    Didn't realise it was out when Ciderman was in his late 20's:pac:

Golden era for movies that period loads of top movies out around then.
    Star Wars Jaws all great.

Movie review over. Can't wait for jaysus day as I'm getting loads of games some of them even new:)
    Plenty of them I already have, they are in fact the same games that I bought and put in a 'rotation' so by now I've forgotten what they were, they'll be like new games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I've nothing against MAME at all,

MAME is LAME! (coming from a man who never intends to own a cab!)

I didn't know you could view all the artwork and stuff.

Is there a frontend which downloads all the info? Or is it somehow embedded in the rom zip packages?

weeder wrote: »
    I must play through vice city again, buit the question is, which version is best? have it for ps2 xbox and pc but i prefer a console.

I bought it a year or 2 ago, along with black and other games to replay it,

but I gave up on the jailbreak mission. Coming to think of it, I may not have finished Vice yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think I want one of those portable SNES things :(

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Only 3 more days until Sony Xperia Play!!!!! N64 and SNES emu goodness:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Last cutscene of Enslaved.... facepalm.jpeg

Ninja Theory are going to rape the **** out of devil may cry :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Re: great 70's movies, allow me to play my ace card...

The movie with the best chase scene in the history of the universe, the mighty...

Puppet On A Chain!

All other chase sequences in the movie pale in comparison to this and the fact it was all done in one take!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Last cutscene of Enslaved.... facepalm.jpeg

Ninja Theory are going to rape the **** out of devil may cry :'(

Warned you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Great Script

Meh story

and by the end of the game I was noticing the total lack of depth to the gameplay.

I'm pretty sure I know which 2 of those 3 antoniades tameem is responsible for.

It was fun nothing special... except the end which was special in a different way.

Time to start Zelda I think.

Does anyone know what the best emulators for a modded xbox are???

xbox 1 has to be one of my favourite consoles ever, even today theres loads of **** it can do, modchip or bios flash and it must be one of the most usefull tanks ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the best emulators for a modded xbox are???

Not yet but i will let you know after i stop blowing the bloody things up :o

retro i didnt see your post, 9snes9x has a nice port and i think i used gens or somthing for the megadrive side of things, its been that long since ive had the xbox out i cant really remember most of it :( if xbins is still online it is the best place to go for this sort of thing.

EDIT: just to add to my earlier post, a well noobproof way of getting everything is downloading somthing called Auto Installer Deluxe, basically a 1 stop disk for installing software on your modded xbox, im actually running it on my own box as we speak installing the crap out of everything, the disk is full of emulators. should go without saying but dont run the modchip install option off the menu if you have a softmod, it will kill your xbox and ****

Sig of the year once again goes to o1s1n:
    o1s1n wrote:
    If there's an upskirt in a game, you can be sure Retr0 will find it

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here's to a 2012 full of upskirts.

Retr0 - don't let me down!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Here's to a 2012 full of upskirts

He's off already :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    Sig of the year once again goes to o1s1n:

Congratulations

Should be put to the vote Ciderman has had some cracking sigs this year :D

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »

Quote them & we'll have a vote then :)

Master of the Universe

I think he means quote worthy of making into sig material?

So go look for funny comments people have made.

It's actually a pretty interesting idea for a poll. I'd love to have a recap on some of the funniest moments :D

Ciderman wrote: »
    "Aw, poor guy. I understand. It's not easy being banished. Take my buddy Bigfoot. When he was banished he fashioned an enormous diaper out of poison ivy. Wore it on his head like a tiara. Called himself 'King Itchy.'"
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ciderman wrote: »
    Oh, in case you get covered in that Repulsion Gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me:"Do not get covered in the Repulsion Gel." We haven't entirely nailed down what element it is yet, but I'll tell you this: It's a lively one, and it does not like the human skeleton.
    "If there's an upskirt in a game, you can be sure Retr0gamer will find it"

I think he means quote worthy of making into sig material?

So go look for funny comments people have made.

It's actually a pretty interesting idea for a poll. I'd love to have a recap on some of the funniest moments :D

Yep, it's posts that were made here by people that have entered legendary status. The upskirt & the Halo ones from o1s1n stand out the most for me :D

They're actual sigs though, I'm talking about posts made by us here that are worthy of being sigs :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I vote for the binary gag.
    Unfortunately the same guy lets himself down with the reference to a certain 8bit tunneling for diamonds game, no need to mention it by name, it'll only set him off... again :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I vote for the binary gag.
    Unfortunately the same guy lets himself down with the reference to a certain 8bit tunneling for diamonds game, no need to mention it by name, it'll only set him off... again :(

Manic Miner?:D

Master of the Universe

On a completely unrelated note, anyone ever play the Terminator 2 San Andreas mod? First I've heard of it! Definitely have to give this a go over the holidays -

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT:

6ccb6c6f5ec643b0a71afdd3dd77bc3c.jpg

• Advertisement

Bit early but sod it:D

Twas the night before Xmas
    And all through the house,
    Everyone felt ****ty,
    Even the mouse.

Mom at the whore house and
    Dad smoking grass, and I
    Just settled down for a