Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Looks like we have been rumbled guys.........Evans seem to no longer be honouring this offer.

I'm getting a message saying:
    Sorry, the promotion code you entered was not recognised

I hope they honour any orders placed up to this point

Any one get any emails from Evans if their orders were dispatched? Wouldn't be sure if they will honour multiple orders it's in their terms and conditions they don't have to honour mistakes with pricing. Was about to go make another order when I saw your post and was planning on checking the terms on the voucher. I'm sure a lot of people went a bit mad with the discount on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

Looks like we have been rumbled guys.........Evans seem to no longer be honouring this offer.

I'm getting a message saying:
    Sorry, the promotion code you entered was not recognised

I hope they honour any orders placed up to this point

Hope so too, ordered me a Spiuk Daggon lid, came in @ €58.70, and yeah I know it sounds too good to be true!! fingers crossed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Ryath wrote: »
    Any one get any emails from Evans if their orders were dispatched? Wouldn't be sure if they will honour multiple orders it's in their terms and conditions they don't have to honour mistakes with pricing. Was about to go make another order when I saw your post and was planning on checking the terms on the voucher. I'm sure a lot of people went a bit mad with the discount on offer.

Dunno. They dont have to honour mistakes, but this might be viewed a little differently - IF someone was to take them to task and challenge any attempt to cancel the orders. It looked to me like a stupid promotion that they hadn't thought through completely (ie restricting it to one per user/account/address etc) so it might not be quite the same as a pricing error. I'm only gutted that I prevaricated... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mp31

Wheelworx in Liffey Valley had a sign today saying "20% of everything in the shop" ... so I bought some swimming googles :p

It may have the deal on tomorrow ... I'd suggest giving them a call to find out.

(Disclaimer: I have no attachment to the shop... just trying to pass on a possible saving to someone out there)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hiDEhi

mp31 wrote: »
    Wheelworx in Liffey Valley had a sign today saying "20% of everything in the shop" ... so I bought some swimming googles :p

It may have the deal on tomorrow ... I'd suggest giving them a call to find out.

(Disclaimer: I have no attachment to the shop... just trying to pass on a possible saving to someone out there)

Was in there on Sunday and saw the same sign. It doesn't apply to bike purchases though. Picked up a few bits myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭elduggo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

snubbleste wrote: »
    Evanscycles.com have free delivery to Ireland on small stuff & get £20 off a £40 spend by using JAN20. I'm not sure what the exclusions are.
    Bargain or what!
    Dunno. They dont have to honour mistakes, but this might be viewed a little differently - IF someone was to take them to task and challenge any attempt to cancel the orders. It looked to me like a stupid promotion that they hadn't thought through completely (ie restricting it to one per user/account/address etc) so it might not be quite the same as a pricing error. I'm only gutted that I prevaricated... :(

Email from them this morning saying it was in the terms and conditions the voucher could only be used once and a admin error allowed it be used multiple times. All but my first order were to be cancelled. Wishing I had ordered the moon rear light now first needed that the most. Ah well good excuse to stay browsing for more bargains.

On bargain alerts ordered this this morning think it's a bargain
    Helly Hanson Long sleeve half zip turtleneck base layer with merino €41.64

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=65449

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭cassette50

Might be of use to somebody:

Adidas Men's Clima 365 Cycling Half Tights €18
    http://www.adidas.ie/Men%27s-Clima-365-Cycling-Half-Tights/W63467_290,en_IE,pd.html

Adidas Men's Clima 365 Cycling Tee/Jersey €23
    http://www.adidas.ie/Men%27s-Clima-365-Cycling-Tee/W54201_290,en_IE,pd.html

Adidas Womens Indoor Cycling Tights: € 24
    http://www.adidas.ie/Women%27s-Climacool-Training-Indoor-Cycling-Tights/W63698_390,en_IE,pd.html

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

snubbleste wrote: »
    Evanscycles.com have free delivery to Ireland on small stuff & get £20 off a £40 spend by using JAN20. I'm not sure what the exclusions are.
    Bargain or what!

Got a mail that my order shipped, Nice one OP

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

41%2BpkPJH7hL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Rim Depth: 31mm
    Spoke Patterns: Radial Front/2x-Radial Rear 20/24
    Weight: 1633 g (C)
    Hubs: Reynolds
    Front Spokes: DT Competitions
    Rear Spokes: DT Competitions

For 265 + delivery.

http://jedi-sports.de/Wheelsets/Wheelsets-Road/Reynolds-Solitude-Clincher-Wheelset::3352.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

does anyone have the spend 75 get 12 off CRC voucher that they wont use? I didnt get one in my last order, want to order something soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

meanwhile, over on the bargain alerts forum, oakley scalpel sunglasses for 69 ish euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

does anyone have the spend 75 get 12 off CRC voucher that they wont use? I didnt get one in my last order, want to order something soon

yep, I'll post the # here tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

The Reynolds would not come near that set in my opinion, they can be run with regular clinchers and with tubeless if one wants to. Ultegra hubs are smooth and the workhorse of the shimano group, IMO, bang for buck, you can't beat Ultegra, sweet wheels at a great price, and I'm sure that they are way more solid rims than the Reynolds as well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

The Reynolds would not come near that set in my opinion, they can be run with regular clinchers and with tubeless if one wants to. Ultegra hubs are smooth and the workhorse of the shimano group, IMO, bang for buck, you can't beat Ultegra, sweet wheels at a great price, and I'm sure that they are way more solid rims than the Reynolds as well....

I don't think they have ultegra hubs though, do they? In the same way that DA wheels don't use DA hubs...

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

My Reynolds arrived today. Gorgeous. But, if given the choice again, I'd be looking very closely at those Ultegra wheels. It might be much of a muchness between them but my instincts point me to look at those Ultegras quite closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

colm_gti wrote: »
    I don't think they have ultegra hubs though, do they? In the same way that DA wheels don't use DA hubs...

I don't think they are the standard ultegra hubs, but they do use the same, easy maintenance bearings, I think they are not standard because of the spokes not going all the way through the rim? Couldn't find any negative feedback on them though. I have heard from guys that ride Mavics sl's, that they are a nicer ride, more forgiving, and at that price, half the cost of Mavic-and I'm a mavic guy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I have no idea how they compare, but the Shimano wheels seem to be offering something quite unique amongst wheelsets, a "ride" like no other...:
    The Hub uses angular contact bearings designed to cradle the balls giving both radial and lateral support for superior strength and durability in real world riding conditions.

• Advertisement

doozerie wrote: »
    I have no idea how they compare, but the Shimano wheels seem to be offering something quite unique amongst wheelsets, a "ride" like no other...:

I'm sold, a question to you guys riding ultegra wheels, how does it feel to have your balls cradled while cycling?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

€25 for €50 purchase of cycling equipment at Nigels Cycles Galway
    Voucher not valid in conjunction with any another offers, specials or promotion
    http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/515/deals/555830

Get 5%-10% back through fatcheese

Has anyone that ordered from evans with that £20 off voucher taken delivery of your order yet?

9 days and counting here, left them a disapproving tweet....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Has anyone that ordered from evans with that £20 off voucher taken delivery of your order yet?

9 days and counting here, left them a disapproving tweet....

Got the tires i ordered yesterday and just got an email saying the rim tape i ordered at the same time is on the way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I'm sold, a question to you guys riding ultegra wheels, how does it feel to have your balls cradled while cycling?

I'll get back to you about it when they arrive.

My internetz research had varying reactions to the quality of the Reynolds and I ended up picking the Ultegras, just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

My Evans order was dispatched mon and arrived yesterday! Delighted, can't do better than 33 euro for set of gatorskins!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    can't do better than 33 euro for set of gatorskins!

No.. but you can do with better tires :P

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    My Evans order was dispatched mon and arrived yesterday! Delighted, can't do better than 33 euro for set of gatorskins!

I got the dispatch email on Sunday and still no sign....

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

I got the dispatch email on Sunday and still no sign....

Me to we must be in some ashboure/meath black hole

• Advertisement

Fathead wrote: »
    Me to we must be in some ashboure/meath black hole

A fellow ashbournian?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement