Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

spokesman wrote: »
    Hi, came across a nice bargain in Debenhams in Cork City. A 4 DVD Limited edition Le Tour De France box set. dvds on bernard hinault, eddie mercx, marco pantani, bartali,coppi dvd and jacques anquetil dvd. five and half hours long in total, and only 8:40 euros. Well worth it, and still a few left.:D

DVD arrived today via courier. Looking forward to several hours viewing on the turbo. Thanks again for the tip-off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Not really a bargain, but for anyone who still likes to go oldskool, I got the 972 page catalogue delivered from Rosebikes today.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

You'll need some decent French for Bernard Hinault's dvd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

spokesman wrote: »
    Hi, came across a nice bargain in Debenhams in Cork City. A 4 DVD Limited edition Le Tour De France box set. dvds on bernard hinault, eddie mercx, marco pantani, bartali,coppi dvd and jacques anquetil dvd. five and half hours long in total, and only 8:40 euros. Well worth it, and still a few left.:D

mine came in the post yesterday, Marco Pantani what a man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

Just ordered one there for the turbo sessions
    Got a further 10% off using the code VJ36 :)

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Lads just got a one for all gift voucher. Looking to get the Edge 500. Any one know any where that stocks this and takes one for all gift voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

godtabh wrote: »
    Lads just got a one for all gift voucher. Looking to get the Edge 500. Any one know any where that stocks this and takes one for all gift voucher?

Someone mentioned halfords here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cycle Superstore anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Halfords only seem to have the 200. Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

godtabh wrote: »
    Halfords only seem to have the 200. Any use?

Hr monitor and cadence sensor will not work with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

lennymc wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82136035&postcount=1342
    edwin posted a link a couple of pages ago. 8.40 including delivery. Dunno if they have any left
    Don't forget 10% off & 4% cashback using Fatcheese

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭digdeep

dvntie wrote: »
    BMC are flogging off their 2012 shop kit $25 plus postage for bibs and jersey
    Be handy for a group order to spread the postage cost.
    http://shop.bmcracingteam.com/index.php/cycling-apparel.html[/QUOTE]

Still no sign of the kits and now this website seems to be crashing or wiped!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I thought you guys might be in for a bit of a rip off when ye ordered those BMC kits..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Their official twitter feed links to that shop site - so I live in hope yet. Poor customer service though if it is legit

https://twitter.com/BMCProTeam/status/258046141441130496

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Planetxireland.com's facebook page is giving a different deal every hour today.

They just posted this: http://planetxireland.com/products-page/deals-of-the-week/blackburn-air-tower-3-track-pump/

Blackburn Air Tower 3 track pump for €39.99, down from €49.99.

Good deal for anyone needing a good track pump but doesn't have a ton to spend.

Els from BMC just got back to me - a man of few words, considering the long list of questions I asked him. For those delivery charges I would have expected them to arrive before I hit confirm order. So don't expect them for xmas anyways

Hello

We did have to stop the online shop cause we are completly sold out. All packages should be able to leave this week

Thanks

Els

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

catweazle wrote: »
    Els from BMC just got back to me - a man of few words, considering the long list of questions I asked him. For those delivery charges I would have expected them to arrive before I hit confirm order. So don't expect them for xmas anyways

Hello

We did have to stop the online shop cause we are completly sold out. All packages should be able to leave this week

Thanks

Els

Well at least you got a response! The communication from them has been a joke.

I have a £10 CRC voucher if anyone wants it.
    (Minimum spend is £75)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

furiousox wrote: »
    I have a £10 CRC voucher if anyone wants it.
    (Minimum spend is £75)

Me please :D

PM sent

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I thought you guys might be in for a bit of a rip off when ye ordered those BMC kits..

If you thought it, why didn't you say it at the time?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

If you thought it, why didn't you say it at the time?

Because, honestly would it have changed your minds? If the kit comes great, but I generally just go by the rule if its too good to be true then it generally is. Especially with cycling apparel.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spokesman

dewindygap wrote: »
    DVD arrived today via courier. Looking forward to several hours viewing on the turbo. Thanks again for the tip-off

no problem, enjoy the viewing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Merlin have Continental Grand Prix Black Chili 700x24c Folding Tyre for €26

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

letape wrote: »

Well at least you got a response! The communication from them has been a joke.
    I tweeted them and they replied within five minutes looking for my details. Twitter seems to be the fastest way to contact them. Might be an idea for anyone waiting to contact them via Twitter. As the email responses are useless or non existent

Fathead wrote: »
    I tweeted them and they replied within five minutes looking for my details. Twitter seems to be the fastest way to contact them. Might be an idea for anyone waiting to contact them via Twitter. As the email responses are useless or non existent

from their Facebook Page - at least it looks like the shop was legit at least

The BMC Racing Team online shop was closed for the season because inventory levels were low (or completely out) on many items. After the first of the year, we will have new (2013) product in stock and will re-open it. In the meantime, if you have a question about a pending order, please email us at "customerservice@bmcracingteam.com." We have experienced some shipping delays due to out-of-stock items. In those cases, we are looking at offering suitable alternatives or shipping the order without the out-of-stock item.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Campagnolo Light Polar Windproof Thermo Gloves

just ordered a pair of these, look like nice gloves for a tenner - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=92511

Edge 500, HRM and cadence sensor on CRS for €223.44 using Save50 code.

seems like a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Definitely a good price. Even handtec are selling it at €235.

• Advertisement

Ordered it there.

At that price I dont think I will do better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement