Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What are CRC deliveries like? It comes from belfast right?

I wonder should I hve got the express delivery before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They're usually pretty quick. If it dispatches today or tomorrow, you could have it by Friday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Thanks seamus.

Ordered off them before but that was a long time ago and as far as I can remember it was v quick.

Just also remembered I ordered through fatchesses who give 4% back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

colm_gti wrote: »
    Just chatting to a mate of mine that works in Halfords (Blanchardstown) and he tells me they can do the Edge 500 with HR and cadence for €250. They have none at the minute, but might be able to get a few in before christmas if they got enough interest....for those of you still looking for them....

Forgot to say, if you have an axa insurance policy you'd get another 10% off this...

And no, I don't work for halfords, just nice to keep the business somewhat local (I know it's a uk company) :rolleyes:

Do halfords have these in stock? Nothing on their website

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    Do halfords have these in stock? Nothing on their website

Don't know, mate said he could probably get them in before Christmas, you'd be best off ringing them and asking first though.

Dont have axa insurance so its cheaper with CRC. I'll leave my order there. should hopefully be here before friday and I can get a few spins with
    it before christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

colm_gti wrote: »
    Forgot to say, if you have an axa insurance policy you'd get another 10% off this...

AXA discount is 15% in Halford's-better again

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭cassette50

The first part of my order from BMC finally arrived :D

Still no sign of the cycling kit though:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I was in Cycle Surgery in Dundrum on Monday and they had a sign up saying they are selling the Garmin 500 with HRM and cadence for, if I recall correctly, 263euro. I *think* that's for the black version of the Garmin 500, with the premium strap, which would make sense if they are matching their UK store's offer of £209.99 for that combination. I've no idea of whether they have them in stock, but if so it's a useful local source (for some) for a decent price, if you want the premium strap version.

And if they are honouring their UK offer on the black unit with premium strap, then perhaps they are also honouring the £187.49 offer for the blue and neutral versions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Decent set of wheels for "fixie" use or track racing next year

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=94707

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-forerunner-910xt-gps-sports-watch-with-hrm/

30% off + another 12% with 12EXTRA promo code today. I got one for €288 with HRM, deliverd. Happy Christmas to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Decent set of wheels for "fixie" use or track racing next year

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=94707

seamus wrote: »
    They're usually pretty quick. If it dispatches today or tomorrow, you could have it by Friday.

Went one better and got it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Pro-Lite Espresso Time Trial Frame 2012

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=58888

€230.81 to €278

no forks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Discountsupplements.ie in Terenure have high 5 zero tubes @6.99, saw berry flavour in stock. its their normal price, not a special offer. cheaper than majority of web stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Discountsupplements.ie in Terenure have high 5 zero tubes @6.99, saw berry flavour in stock. its their normal price, not a special offer. cheaper than majority of web stores.

Wiggle have them for €5.82 at the moment

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/high5-zero-drink/

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Lads any good places for New Year sales either online or local (Dublin)? Looking to pick a few bits clothing/lights wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Assos Factory Sale

If anyone is looking for high quality winter gear there is a sale on assos stuff here. Discounts of up to 50% in some caseswww.assosfactoryoutlet.com

As far as i can tell site is genuine and while prices may seem high i (and many others on the forum) can vouch for the quality and longevity of assos stuff

The only issue is the deadlines for receiving delivery in time for christmas have passed so it will probably be the new year before you receive items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

cunavalos wrote: »
    As far as i can tell site is genuine and while prices may seem high i (and many others on the forum) can vouch for the quality and longevity of assos stuff

Did you order anything yourself?

Site doesn't look very legit in fairness - with all this "Assos Official" all over the place, as if they really aren't... But after some digging I found the director of Swiss Iconic to also be a director of Bike Rooms and have the same name (probably a son) as this other Phil Griffiths (in photos with Wiggins), who opened this same Bike Rooms and been selling Assos in the UK for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

20% off bike accessories and bike clothing in Halfords with further 10% discount if you order before Midnight Christmas Day..

If you are insured with AXA you might be able to add another 15% discount on that instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Some great deals here: http://www.classiccycling.com/
    Bought some Castelli gear which shipped yesterday and shipping is cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Garmin edge 200 for €108 if you order before midnight tonight - stock levels are running low though , none in carrickmines/blanch but still a few in swords/liffey valley/coolock

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_844087_langId_-1_categoryId_212560

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

stas wrote: »
    Did you order anything yourself?

Site doesn't look very legit in fairness - with all this "Assos Official" all over the place, as if they really aren't... But after some digging I found the director of Swiss Iconic to also be a director of Bike Rooms and have the same name (probably a son) as this other Phil Griffiths (in photos with Wiggins), who opened this same Bike Rooms and been selling Assos in the UK for ages.
    It's definitely legit - I get their official e-mails as a result of signing up on their main website and it's linked from that website also

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

Does cycleways have a january sale? Got a voucher for christmas;)
    Cycleways told me its on 2nd Jan if anyone is interested. H.

Wheelworx are doing 20% off with a loyalty card today, didn't know til I got to the checkout with a handful of stuff, twas a nice surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 winlikefin

New member - I have a £10 CRC voucher (min spend £75).

I won't be using it - if it's of any use drop me a message and I'll give you the details.

F.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Holland & Barrett (Crescent Shopping Centre Limerick) doing 1/3 off sports nutrition. Picked up box of 18 Powerbars for €16.83 and 4 tubes of High5 Zero Extremes (20 tab tube) for €5.99 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

I've looked for one of these all Summer and got one on Merlin at a good price of 90 quid recently...

This is even better again..HALF PRICE...

http://www.probikekit.com/uk/components/saddles-seatposts/saddles/fizik-antares-bicycle-saddle-k-ium-rails-1060241.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement