Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

not sure its a bargain but this is €14.99 + shipping good cause as well

pandat2014-front_1_1_1_1_3_1.jpg

10 euro

crazy-panda_1_1_1_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

not sure its a bargain but this is €14.99 + shipping good cause as well

10 euro

crazy-panda_1_1_1_1.jpg

Where?

Here: http://www.did.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Anyone know what the sizing is like on the Dan Martin T-shirts from D.I.D?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Rua_ri wrote: »

Yup, it's big, so go down a size (at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

910xt down to $299 on Amazon.com if you have a way of getting it shipped from the US. Works out about €220 for the base model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

Have a £10 Chain Reaction voucher code with a 5days left on it if anyone interested. Requires a minimum £75 spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

MRJ wrote: »
    Have a £10 Chain Reaction voucher code with a 5days left on it if anyone interested. Requires a minimum £75 spend.

I have the same.... a week or so left on this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

have a voucher for €100 off a any new carbon bike in wheelworx if anyone is planning a purchase and wants it.......has to be used by end of june

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Mind yersel' cycling over manhole covers in the wet in those.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Mind yersel' cycling over manhole covers in the wet in those.

I've been calling them danholes since the ttt....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

MRJ wrote: »

I'll take it please!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

I'll take it please!

Pm sent. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Correction on my earlier post. These ones:

crazy-panda_1_1_1_1.jpg

...are sized fairly big, so I'd advise going down a size, especially if you're between sizes. These ones:

...are sized more like you'd expect. Having said that, I only tried the medium. They'll change it for you no bother if you get it wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

I'll take it please!

Sorry just seen your reply, hope you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Get In There

Just ordered myself a Bryton Rider 20 with HR monitor & Cadence for 82e including shipping.

http://goo.gl/JJAK3z

I don't have the luxury of being able to spend a chunk of money on Garmin so I hope this will cater for all my needs for the time being!
    Please let us know how it works out for you, I'm finding my phone battery insufficient for the distances I'm cycling but I'm a new job and a year or two of decent pay away from forking out for a Garmin.

I was mid-way into writing my own thoughts on my purchase when I thought to check if the device was still in stock first to find that its no longer available on Bike24. I really am pleased with my purchase and think it was a terrific bargain. A GPS computer & HR monitor & cadence sensor for 82e.. You'd be really hard pressed to find a better deal. I hope you got on in it man while it was still hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I was mid-way into writing my own thoughts on my purchase when I thought to check if the device was still in stock first to find that its no longer available on Bike24. I really am pleased with my purchase and think it was a terrific bargain. A GPS computer & HR monitor & cadence sensor for 82e.. You'd be really hard pressed to find a better deal. I hope you got on in it man while it was still hot.

I didn't. But I don't have e82 to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭leCycliste

has anyone come across race gilets reduced lately on any of the websites?

For the trackies and TTers

http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=casco+speedster

Seems to be cheaper to buy the helmet and visor separately. My math is poor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

http://www.tyre-amnesty.co.uk/index.php/offer-details
    Continental tyre amnesty, havent seen this previously, apologies if its a repost, bring two used non-continental tyres to a signed up dealer and get two new grand sport race tyres free and two new inner tubes with a claimed market value of over 71 sterling. You do have to fill in a feedback form after youve tried the new tyre apparently but has to be worth a try. Anyone got two old tyres theyd like to donate to me so i can try this out?!!! And for once there seem to be a few dealers in the republic signed up to this.

• Advertisement

For the trackies and TTers

http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=casco+speedster

Seems to be cheaper to buy the helmet and visor separately. My math is poor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭dakar

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Continental tyre amnesty, havent seen this previously, apologies if its a repost, bring two used non-continental tyres to a signed up dealer and get two new grand sport race tyres free and two new inner tubes with a claimed market value of over 71 sterling. You do have to fill in a feedback form after youve tried the new tyre apparently but has to be worth a try. Anyone got two old tyres theyd like to donate to me so i can try this out?!!! And for once there seem to be a few dealers in the republic signed up to this.

Thread here. You have to bring your bike in to have the tyres fitted apparently.

The guy I was just talking to in Gary's Cycles in Sligo knew nothing about it, despite them being on the list so he took my number and is getting back to me. Will post an update when I hear back. I'm holding off on putting the worn Rubinos I've just taken off my bike back on for swappage until I hear more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,564 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Scrappy600 wrote: »

Thats look too good to be true. There has to be a catch. Looked at the website but doesn't appear to be. Will be heading to the nearest listed shop over the next fews days. Maybe you pay for them and get the credit back when you fill in the form?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Thats look too good to be true. There has to be a catch. Looked at the website but doesn't appear to be. Will be heading to the nearest listed shop over the next fews days. Maybe you pay for them and get the credit back when you fill in the form?
    The catch is that none of the Irish shops seem to have been told about it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

List of shops that are aware here

The Edge, Kinsale Road, Cork
    North Coast Leisure, Portrush, Antrim
    LK Bikes, Letterkenny, Donegal
    Top Bicycle Shop, Clontarf, Dublin
    Top Bike, Ennis, Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Confirmed with Top Bicycle Shop - they're in, just waiting for tyres to be delivered from Continental. 50 to 70 tyres will come in a matter of days.

As it is based on first come - first serve basis, I was told to keep an eye on their facebook page or twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

The Edge seem to have two stores in Cork... The one listed above, and a different one that's listed on the offer page. (There's another Cork store listed as participating... Will have to stick my head 'round the door there, see if they know anything about.)

I also see that they say "Dealers may charge a tyre fitting fee." Obviously if it's a €70 fitting fee that would be quite the catch. :)

Now to see what the ropiest pair of tyres I can find that'll just about hold air would be... (They say they must destroy the tyres, not completely clear if that's also the case for the inners.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Wow. Thats a mighty bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

el tel wrote: »

Westbrook pop up with some ridiculous value every few months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement