Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I found this:

http://griess.st1.at/gsk/fecris/copenhagen/Kent_EN.pdf

“FREEMEN, SOVEREIGN CITIZENS, AND THE THREAT TO PUBLIC ORDER IN
    BRITISH HERITAGE COUNTRIES”

"ABSTRACT
    Throughout the English-speaking world, an anti-societal movement comprised of unknown thousands of people is rejecting the authority of law enforcement, the courts, and banking. This movement goes by different names, most commonly the Freemen or Sovereign Citizens. Its origins likely began with American racist movements in the 1960s and 1970s, and gathered greater support during the American farm crisis during the late 1970s and 1980s , along with an interest rate crisis in the United States and Canada during the same period. Because adherents see the state as a corporation with no authority over free citizens, members are belligerent toward any authority figures like police, judges, park rangers, tax collectors, and court clerks whom they see as state agents. American police have had several deadly exchanges with members, and Canadian courts have issued two long decisions concerning them and their ‘paper terrorism’ tactics (i.e., flooding courts with bogus, Freemen-generated ‘legal’ documents). Variously claiming authority from the Bible, British Common Law, and international maritime law, Freemen throughout the English-speaking world have connected through the Internet and now have non-North American adherents in the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

A Free(wo)man in Australia and her god given right to marijuana. Stone the flamin' crows, Ailsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

It's not working out that well though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

If Bradley Manning did the noble (if misguided) thing by committing a crime then facing trial and accepting punishment for a cause that (s)he fundamentally believed in, these fremen are the exact opposite. They commit crimes for their own selfish reasons then pretend to adopt some high moral ground in an attempt to wriggle out of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There was a fine display of Freemanism yesterday at the Lockout Protest.

Our friend from Ballyphenane whose main hobby is wrecking the heads of the counter staff in his local District Court office gave a classic speech. He declared that Ireland is the foetus of the world and Ballyphenane is the main chakra (in the swan sanctuary naturally) all the while an elderly gentleman danced like Bez from the Happy Mondays.

Many melons were twisted.

Some other speakers touched on the usual topics; the courts are commercial entities, the goverment is a registered company, "de Brits" are secretly ruling us and all laws are completely optional.

No sign of Ben though, wonder why...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Robbo wrote: »

Our friend from Ballyphenane whose main hobby is wrecking the heads of the counter staff in his local District Court office gave a classic speech. He declared that Ireland is the foetus of the world and Ballyphenane is the main chakra (in the swan sanctuary naturally) all the while an elderly gentleman danced like Bez from the Happy Mondays.

Some other speakers touched on the usual topics; the courts are commercial entities, the goverment is a registered company, "de Brits" are secretly ruling us and all laws are completely optional.

Here's the video.
    I liked the swan sanctuary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iRCD54tWBQ&list=HL1379584319

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

That video is breathtaking! (not in a good way)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Here's the video.
    I liked the swan sanctuary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iRCD54tWBQ&list=HL1379584319

Haha, that brilliant!

It kinda reminds me of this Rubberbandits tune for some reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBT4ZWy6Lm4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I could actually feel myself getting stupider.

Further to an earlier post where I noted the Freeman stickers in Dublin beside anti-immigrant tirades, I spotted some more, this time around Capel Street.

Beside the common "Stay in Your Home etc" ones were "Ireland for the Irish" ones with a link to far right website. Same vintage, similar fonts and finish. You do get a curious mix of extreme politics with the Freemen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Tony was there, even got himself on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

hardCopy wrote: »

Tony of the family Peppersprayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

I used to know that guy from Ballyphehane and would love to have a confused giggle at his latest speech!

But alas the link isn't working?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

hardCopy wrote: »
    Tony was (again) moaning that he can't get any state contracts as he won't pay his local property tax. It being a point of principle for him..

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

jd wrote: »
    Tony was (again) moaning that he can't get any state contracts as he won't pay his local property tax. It being a point of principle for him..

Blethering idiot, pay your tax you big tool and go way to work. Thousands of people would love to be able to go out and earn if it only took paying the LPT. Oh and that people think he is some sort of guru is simply beyond me. Greedy little fecker who overstretched himself with the other greedy feckers and now even though he can still work he refuses to pay a small amount of tax on principle, what fecking principle is that exactly? The "I am a stupid knob and must demonstrate it" principle I guess :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

da_hambo wrote: »
    I used to know that guy from Ballyphehane and would love to have a confused giggle at his latest speech!

But alas the link isn't working?

Ah found it on youtube. Weirrrrrd sh#t.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

joela wrote: »
    Blethering idiot, pay your tax you big tool and go way to work. Thousands of people would love to be able to go out and earn if it only took paying the LPT. Oh and that people think he is some sort of guru is simply beyond me. Greedy little fecker who overstretched himself with the other greedy feckers and now even though he can still work he refuses to pay a small amount of tax on principle, what fecking principle is that exactly? The "I am a stupid knob and must demonstrate it" principle I guess :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This lecture sums up the likes of him and those who offer him support.

Is the Kennycourt Stud Show happening again in the HC today?

Another mindless, circular tussle with a receiver arises in this judgment.
    10. On 8th July, 2013 the defendant, as plaintiff, initiated proceedings entitled John Philip Quearney v. Allied Irish Bank plc (Record No. 2013/6974P) (the Plenary Proceedings). The plenary summons in the Plenary Proceedings was issued by the defendant in person. In the general endorsement of claim his claim is stated to be a claim for gross negligence and misrepresentation orchestrated by Allied Irish Banks Plc and its servants or agents. Following the statements which are quoted below, it is stated that his claim “is for €1m damages and an order declaring the mortgage is null and void” and that any “liens or charges to be removed”. The statements which precede those claims are as follows:

“1. Where the Bank broke serious Liquidity Laws which has caused the financial collapse. But for this action and knowledge of same I would or could have made different decisions about my financial affairs.
    2. Without disclosure and foreknowledge of their intention this contract is seriously flawed.

3. Due to excessive Securitisation the Banks created the False Boom and Bust situation which has crippled our country.

4. The plaintiff’s claim is also for reckless lending procedures by the Bank who have ignored their own Bank Guidelines which is in breach of the consumer protection code.

5. The plaintiff’s health and relationships have suffered greatly as a result of Allied Irish Banks Plc and its Servants’ actions.”

The “mortgage” referred to is not identified.
    16. By e-mail dated 16th July, 2013 from the defendant to the plaintiffs, the defendant stated that he was happy to accept their appointment as joint receivers “upon the conditions you can provide the following proof and assurances as listed below”. None of the points made in the e-mail, most of which were based on a misunderstanding of the law, are of any substance and the reality is that the defendant was indicating that he was not accepting the plaintiffs’ appointment as joint receivers.

Not sure which magic man had a hand in this, but the line of argument about a receiver's duty of care and abilty to be fired, are similar to one advanced by the Notorious B.E.N. last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

18. In an e-mail of 2nd August, 2013 to a Manager in the plaintiffs’ firm (RSM Farrell Grant Sparks), the tenant of 105, Erris Square informed the plaintiffs that he had been told by Robert Quearney to ignore the plaintiffs’ letter and to keep paying the rent to him. Having discussed the matter with Threshold and a Citizens’ Advice Bureau, the tenant informed Robert Quearney that he intended putting the rent into a separate escrow account until the matter was resolved. However, Robert Quearney and the defendant arrived at 105, Erris Square on the evening of 1st August, 2013 demanding rent and saying that they had “fired the receiver”. They threatened to evict him in fourteen days. The tenant requested the plaintiffs to stop the defendant and Robert Quearney from coming to the house, as it affected his family life and his children.

19. Another example of interference by the defendant was recorded in an e-mail dated 8th August, 2013 from Threshold to the plaintiffs. It related to the tenant in 41, Mount Symon Green. In summary, she had been told by the defendant that the plaintiffs have no legal right to the rent and that he is in the process of challenging their appointment. It was suggested by Threshold to the tenant that, perhaps, the best course of action was for her to place the rent in an escrow account. It was recorded that the defendant had stated that, in that event, he would be forced to change the locks. The tenant, who was due to leave the country, was extremely concerned that she would return to find she had been evicted.
    But I thought the freemen were just trying to keep families in their homes!

• Advertisement

18. In an e-mail of 2nd August, 2013 to a Manager in the plaintiffs’ firm (RSM Farrell Grant Sparks), the tenant of 105, Erris Square informed the plaintiffs that he had been told by Robert Quearney to ignore the plaintiffs’ letter and to keep paying the rent to him. Having discussed the matter with Threshold and a Citizens’ Advice Bureau, the tenant informed Robert Quearney that he intended putting the rent into a separate escrow account until the matter was resolved. However, Robert Quearney and the defendant arrived at 105, Erris Square on the evening of 1st August, 2013 demanding rent and saying that they had “fired the receiver”. They threatened to evict him in fourteen days. The tenant requested the plaintiffs to stop the defendant and Robert Quearney from coming to the house, as it affected his family life and his children.

19. Another example of interference by the defendant was recorded in an el-mail dated 8th August, 2013 from Threshold to the plaintiffs. It related to the tenant in 41, Mount Symon Green. In summary, she had been told by the defendant that the plaintiffs have no legal right to the rent and that he is in the process of challenging their appointment. It was suggested by Threshold to the tenant that, perhaps, the best course of action was for her to place the rent in an escrow account. It was recorded that the defendant had stated that, in that event, he would be forced to change the locks. The tenant, who was due to leave the country, was extremely concerned that she would return to find she had been evicted.

Its noted that the proceedings are in respect of six properties.

I'm glad to see that their treatment of the completely blameless Tenant is entirely equitable and fair in the circumstances, and the ongoing struggle of the little guy taking on the big banks is alive and well.

haha... we picked out exactly the same paragraphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

The ‘talk’ page of the Wikipedia entry on the Freemen is great! Two gems:
    There is a large conflict of interest in the research and presentation of this topic, as the practice of law is effectively monopolized by University graduates. Universitatis is the proper Latin word for Corporation (8 Mod. 164), so University is an anglicized word for Corporation. The basic freeman principle, so far as I have been able to research, is that they understand the different sorts of law. Law is a word, and words have various uses. "Law", "a Law" and "the Law" may all have quite different significations.
    This article needs a rewrite. People who hold University degrees are in a conflict of interest on this topic---I don't know if Wikipedia has a conflict of interest policy, but you must at least allow the view that suppression of these sorts of ideas is how the University system stays in power. Certainly, printing slanders like "nutty" is inappropriate. But it does show the "against the wall" position that the University educated are in---anyone who isn't like them, they suffer from some sort of pathology. I guess I could adopt this view. People who believe in Universities and other corporations need to be given pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy until they abandon their mendacity. Or they must be locked up, so that people who are not so psychotic won't be pulled into their psychotic long-cons

There is a link between the Banners' Broker pyramid scam and The Rodolphus Family Trust

http://taratalkstoday.blogspot.ie/p/breaking-news.html

Most people had made arrangements to enter the trust in advance, either through Mr Allen himself, his staff in Kilkenny, or through a representative in Cork, JJ O’Mahony.

Mr O’Mahony was not present on the day but had advised people of the change of venue after plans to hold the signing-in session in Mitchelstown were scuppered by the decision of a notary public in Cork to cut his ties with group.

Previously, Mr O’Mahony had been linked to a controversial investment product, Banners Broker.

Did Charlie Allen of the Rodolphus Trust turn up in court today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

This post has been deleted.

Apologies. Deleted the article. I need caffeine.

It always struck me as being sympathetic at least.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The ‘talk’ page of the Wikipedia entry on the Freemen is great! Two gems:

It's amazing that they make such outrageous statements like universitas means corporation. Its a bit frightening that someone could read that and not cross check the translation.

However, since the entire universe comes from the same root word, I guess the cosmos is an umbrella corporation. When the lizard men come down to do an intergalactic audit, I'm glad we have some freedom fighters already in training.

Eventually, SETI will broadcast "show us yer oath, Rigel 7"

There's also a low level Wiki edit war going on with the Direct Democracy Ireland page. Along the lines of "just because we're linked to them, endorsed by/or endorsing it, or we have members in common" does not mean we can fairly be associated with bad things, only good things. A line that served UKIP well, to a point.

There is a report on the Rodolphus Trust and freemen on This Week, Radio 1, after the One O'Clock News

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

Tony Rochford has apparently failed to get a Tax Clearance Cert so he is off to sign on tomorrow! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=510197612397305&set=a.493720887378311.1073741827.100002212114320&type=1

His timeline is a sight to behold. More time for him to get more involved in Freeman crap now.

Advertisement