Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

alyssum wrote: »
    is that what anyone would get for not paying a parking fine - a day in jail?

You will get €X or Y days in default. As it stands, due to over crowding, you are normally processed and put back out again, within hours as per the Times article. What other issues arise due to the day in prison I can't tell you I'm afraid.

I do think that thanks to the article we'll see an up tick in in a certain type of person (Times Readers) pulling this. I wouldn't be surprised if an equally public statement isn't made by a few people actually having to serve their time. I may or may not have a little chuckle if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Bepolite wrote: »
    You will get €X or Y days in default. As it stands, due to over crowding, you are normally processed and put back out again, within hours as per the Times article. What other issues arise due to the day in prison I can't tell you I'm afraid.

I do think that thanks to the article we'll see an up tick in in a certain type of person (Times Readers) pulling this. I wouldn't be surprised if an equally public statement isn't made by a few people actually having to serve their time. I may or may not have a little chuckle if that happens.
    i don' t know but i reckon he would have had legal advice and was prettysure he would not serve a real sentence. he is no hero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

i don' t know but i reckon he would have had legal advice and was prettysure he would not serve a real sentence. he is no hero

No. When the guards came to his house with the warrant he would have been able to pay the e30 fine. John waters just wanted the attention. Plain and simple.

To be fair it's pretty common knowledge, but I have to agree with your sentiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Already a wikipedia article on the Rodolphus Allen group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodolphus_Allen_Family_Private_Trust

• Advertisement

"It was set up by Charlie Allen, a Kilkenny based landscape gardener."

The tenner of this introductory sentence gave me a bit of a giggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

He quickly skipped over a question about his legal bills during his radio interview with George Hook. Since the illegal parking episode occurred in 2011, I suspect his solicitor's invoice for services rendered in the interim will be substantially in excess of the original fine plus added penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    He quickly skipped over a question about his legal bills during his radio interview with George Hook. Since the illegal parking episode occurred in 2011, I suspect his solicitor's invoice for services rendered in the interim will be substantially in excess of the original fine plus added penalties.
    that is just the fee for being a muppet he can well afford it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I heard that a large flock of lay litigants were being herded around the central office by a lady yesterday. Is this Claire Cullinane doing her bit for the exchequer by getting people to contribute to getting nonsense High Court proceedings stamped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Small matter of constitution and ECHR. Suppose costs risks means nothing to these guys.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

In the words of Clay Davis, I'll take any mother****ers money if he's giving it away.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Yet they are more than happy to send a solicitor away if there is a full stop missing (and the civil servant is having a bad day)!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

Could get interesting, I wonder will Colonel Mustard bring the trust documents to prove he owns the farm :D
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/activist-among-three-accused-of-putting-receivers-off-land-29569638.html
    The receivers have brought a motion seeking to have Mr Gilroy, Mr Allen and Mr McDermott brought before the High Court to explain their alleged contempt.

Mr Gilroy, of Navan, Co Meath, who was a Direct Democracy Ireland candidate in the Meath East by-election, Mr Allen, of Inistioge, Co Kilkenny, and Mr McDermott, of Kennycourt Stud, were not in court yesterday.

Judge McGovern said the matters were very serious, and adjourned them to Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

Some freemensaying Gilroy has already been arrested and is in custody until Friday. They could be just stirring it, of course.
    https://twitter.com/TNSRADIO/status/377611278740893697

jd wrote: »
    Some freemensaying Gilroy has already been arrested and is in custody until Friday. They could be just stirring it, of course.
    "I'm Ben Gilroy and so's my wife."

I wonder can Alan Shatter afford the bills from imprisoning all these nobel defenders of the right to run a debt-laden horse brothel under Brehon law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

jd wrote: »

Well they seem to be discussing this supposed arrest here too:

https://www.facebook.com/truthful.irish

Although I'd say it mostly huff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

went to try this at home and then I realised I dont have a fax ....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

returnNull wrote: »
    went to try this at home and then I realised I dont have a fax ....

It probably would have worked in the 80s. Doesn't it cost money to send a fax? Surely sending 10,000 of them wouldn't be cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Iwannahurl wrote: »

For about 8 months between 1983 and 1984, it was like living on battlestar galactica

For about 8 months between 1983 and 1984, it was like living on battlestar galactica

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DesolateWinter

Robbo wrote: »
    I feel this freeman things going to get worse before it gets better, I've noticed posters all around Galway this week for an event promoted by that "Blank of Ireland" guy. He's got a bus pimped out with various nonsense. I'd assume that there's no tax, insurance or licence on the bus, otherwise he hasn't the stones from arry through with his ideas.

The postersg the lines of "Clear all your debts now! There's !".

I have to say that although the Freeman arguments may be considered odd or eccentric by most people, the underlying concept of questioning the status quo and the powers that be is healthy and indeed a necessity in any democracy. It's quite pathetic to listen to brain-washed Irish people - the same people that willingly take it up the arse from their government and bail out the elite and pay arbitrary tax every time the overpaid fools in the Dail demand it. Those same people have not the courage or conviction to challenge the motives of the ruling elite, be it politicians or the legal system. They Sleep walk their way through an economic nightmare wondering 'when did I sign up to this' For all your laziness and political lethargy, fellow country men, don't belittle those that have the courage to question those things that you can't muster the energy to question. Ignorance is bliss. But don't ever think that means we all should be suburban zombies. This state was built by people that questioned and were dissatisfied with what was dictated to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

I have to say that although the Freeman arguments may be considered odd or eccentric by most people, the underlying concept of questioning the status quo and the powers that be is healthy and indeed a necessity in any democracy. It's quite pathetic to listen to brain-washed Irish people - the same people that willingly take it up the arse from their government and bail out the elite and pay arbitrary tax every time the overpaid fools in the Dail demand it. Those same people have not the courage or conviction to challenge the motives of the ruling elite, be it politicians or the legal system. They Sleep walk their way through an economic nightmare wondering 'when did I sign up to this' For all your laziness and political lethargy, fellow country men, don't belittle those that have the courage to question those things that you can't muster the energy to question. Ignorance is bliss. But don't ever think that means we all should be suburban zombies. This state was built by people that questioned and were dissatisfied with what was dictated to them.

If you're going to question something, do it intelligently. I can't imagine Michel Foucault or Nietzsche condoning these nit-wits. Ignorance is not, as you say, bliss. Ignorance can get you into a lot of trouble if you start taking advice from freeman goons. Your notions of the state and political power is infantile. I think you might be the one who is brain washed!

LOL!

I think challenging pre-conceived ideas is great however that doesn't mean one shouldn't have a good laugh at the tin-foil hat brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Marve

LOL!

I think challenging pre-conceived ideas is great however that doesn't mean one shouldn't have a good laugh at the tin-foil hat brigade

The tin foilers are turning to vigilantism on fb!! :eek:

One of the 'mob' has a photo up of the sec guard from the stud, demanding to know his name, address etc so they can 'pay him a visit at night' - (I wont link it here)

The Anti Eviction Taskforce status on the Ben Gilroy arrest, is a fabulous mix of freeman & Trust support, but they don't even know that this is what they are defending. lol

https://www.facebook.com/AntiEvictionTaskforce/posts/640132829353624

Wonderful reading. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Marve

Kieran Doyle they keep saying the word mob?we are the people!!
    17 hours ago · Like · 10 · Reply

Bo Cianuro In this case, the 'people' were working (volunteering) on behalf of the trust, this was not an eviction. Anyone who was there on the day believing it was, should have read a little bit more than a facebook status before going to 'war' (as one comment put it) as the trusts personal army.. I'm sorry, but those people do not represent the rest of the country. You chose to be the trusts hench men, your call. Evictions are wrong, but this wasn't one. Yes, that was a mob, and mob rule was the call of the day. Hence why you 'people' were there. That was why the 'group' were at the stud with con-saws and machinery. Not a very peaceful protest, wudn't you agree?
    15 hours ago · Like
    Philip O'Reilly very brave comment bo diddly..brave? you remain anonymous!!
    15 hours ago · Like
    Bo Cianuro Brave? You mean honest Philip O'Reilly . Shame people can't just tell or accept the truth around here, 'In Mob We Trust' doesn't help the 'people', in fact, this could reflect bad on the genuine groups, if being honest makes me the enemy of your gang, so be it. We warned people from the start not to do the dirty work of the trust, they don't give a rattling flock about the sheep who were easily led across that land, the mob who thought they were out-standing in their own field, obviously wern't..

From the AET link.

Advertisement