Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

"There followed accusations of potential breaches of, inter alia, the "Protection from Harassment Act 1997", which is an English, not in Irish, statute, and the "Data Protection Acts 1998/2003", the reference to 1998 presumably being a typographical error for 1988."

"4.4 Mr. Burns also submitted that he had "fired" the receiver because the receiver did not realise that he had an equitable duty to him."

...but did the court *see* the signed contract?

Nice find for Friday. littlemac1980. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There I was, enjoying the weekend in Dublin when this greeted me at the Museum Luas stop.

I expect there to be chaos in the Library tomorrow when they realise the jig is up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Robbo wrote: »
    There I was, enjoying the weekend in Dublin when this greeted me at the Museum Luas stop.

I expect there to be chaos in the Library tomorrow when they realise the jig is up.

Is there a constitutional provision for any profession?

Judges, President, Taoiseach (to a lesser extent), TD's, Comptroller and Auditor General, Attorney General. That's about it.

They are jobs as opposed to professions obviously.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

No and nor should there be. These crazy Freemen just run around spouting fallacies and inaccuracies to support their misguided notions of what they think is right versus their own version of wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

... Attorney General ...

There you go, a constitutional basis for legal professionals.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Uncle Ben's been helping out to "fire" a receiver in Co Cork recently, unperturbed by his recent defeat.

Something went on in the High Court yesterday as well. These people are skating for issues with contempt. People who rely in their literal interpretation of the law are wrong, given false hope and staking for issues.

Principles: Borrow money, pay it back. Fail to do so, face the consequences.

I shot the sheriff but I did not do the Law Societyyyyyyyyy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

About a year ago I mentioned on a freeman thread about the BS I had to listen to during a car journey about how nobody had to repay bank loans or pay tax or pay off their credit cards. I can't find the original post right now.

Lo and behold, I picked up this card in my local petrol station yesterday. To be fair, the guy who owns the

212379.jpg

This is the guy who was spouting all of that rubbish to me. As far as I know he's still on social welfare, but he now has this "business".

Is there any regulator who would oversee or regulate this kind of stuff? Or is he free to give bad advice and potentially muck up someones life?

• Advertisement

The posters about the Bar being invalid through lack of a constitutional provision have made it to Galway as well.

Actually - Article 26.2. 1° The Supreme Court consisting of not less than five judges shall consider every question referred to it by the President under this Article for a decision, and, having heard arguments by or on behalf of the Attorney General and by counsel assigned by the Court, shall pronounce its decision on such question in open court as soon as may be, and in any case not later than sixty days after the date of such reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

It looks like the Gardai are finally tackling this freeman guru.

I've posted the video below but to be honest it's a watse of time watching it.

He doesn't open the door and seems to hide away from any confrontation.

He's a right big mouth on his radio show advising people what to say and do but doesn't seem to practise what he preaches.

I'd say he's bricking it now that the Gardaí want to have a chat with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Tom Young wrote: »
    Actually - Article 26.2. 1° The Supreme Court consisting of not less than five judges shall consider every question referred to it by the President under this Article for a decision, and, having heard arguments by or on behalf of the Attorney General and by counsel assigned by the Court, shall pronounce its decision on such question in open court as soon as may be, and in any case not later than sixty days after the date of such reference.

Very very clever.

The most recent posters in Galway are now about there being no Constitutional provision for income tax and that it's entirely voluntary. Jesus wept.

Yes, and the world is flat - Newsflash!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Robbo wrote: »
    The most recent posters in Galway are now about there being no Constitutional provision for income tax and that it's entirely voluntary. Jesus wept.

Leaving aside the fact that this is directly imported from an argument by a guy in the us who went to prison for non payment of tax and that it is abundantly clear, the world over, that constitutions don't need to expressly refer to taxation powers, the Irish constitution quite specifically permits taxation (art 45.2ii, albeit in a guidance rather than justiciable provision).

So the whole fremen theory ie that there are lies out there that a simple Readiother the constitution would disprove, is undermined by the fact that they haven't even read the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Made me LOL so hard I almost spat out my coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Represented by "a friend". Sounds like that ill-informed crusader noel whats-his-face or one of the other members of the extraordinary league of freemen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

NoQuarter wrote: »
    Represented by "a friend". Sounds like that ill-informed crusader noel whats-his-face or one of the other members of the extraordinary league of freemen.

Yup I love how all these guys never take the risks themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

On the plus side, there has been a significant drop off in their posts and/or posters influenced by them in these parts.

(I kind of miss it, actually!)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jblack

Bring back Derry.

Without him this thread is like Celtic without Rangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

jblack wrote: »
    Bring back Derry.

Without him this thread is like Celtic without Rangers.

He's a menace to mobile boards users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

He's doing it wrong.

Its the JUDGE he needs to sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Reloc8 wrote: »
    He's doing it wrong.

Its the JUDGE he needs to sack.

I'm sure Blackstones has a provision where you can sack the whole world? Toward the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

NoQuarter wrote: »
    I'm sure Blackstones has a provision where you can sack the whole world? Toward the back.

Its in the section on Admiralty Law.

(the only REAL law)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ah lads, my lunch has gone everywhere! Good Stuff! :)

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Its in the section on Admiralty Law.

(the only REAL law)
    I ****ing guarantee you that if a freeman ever got into a spot of bother that actual admiralty law would genuinely cover, they'd insist that the only Admiral they'd recognise was the ghost of Miklos Horthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Scealta_saol

I wonder if there were any Admirals during the Tall Ships festival they should have asked to oversee their legal problems... surely the best person to ask about Admiral Law would be an Admiral??

Advertisement