Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Was it this one: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/couple-who-owned-six-houses-and-spent-500-000-lose-home-1.2237391

Multiple houses and cars from 1999 with arrears on some houses from 2003 (article was 2015). I remember being aghast when I read this; ah poor old naive 2015 FreudianSlippers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rumpole of the Baily

This is no country for honest people.
    Did they lose everything too, or was that just in the papers?
    The sense of entitlement is most bemusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Our friend the Freeman Landlord appears to not be a believer in court orders. Presumably the order was in the wrong shade of ink or that the harp was short a string or two. :rolleyes:

With that in mind, he'll have a hard time to try and justify this disgusting act when it quickly catches up on him.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-hospitalised-after-up-to-10-heavies-forcibly-evict-tenants-from-dublin-apartment-36538998.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Contemptible scum. I really hope he feels the full force of the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

It seems Ben Gilroy had a call out for help at an eviction in mountjoy and then recalled it. Strange

• Advertisement

That earlier notice I had up about eviction in mountjoy square, is not as appears don't need anyone to attend, thanks anyway

From Gilroy. This man must have tried to disrupt hundreds of perfectly legal and justified evictions but he will pull his support when its one of of his freemen landlords breaking a court order. Despicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Our friend the Freeman Landlord appears to not be a believer in court orders. Presumably the order was in the wrong shade of ink or that the harp was short a string or two. :rolleyes:

With that in mind, he'll have a hard time to try and justify this disgusting act when it quickly catches up on him.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-hospitalised-after-up-to-10-heavies-forcibly-evict-tenants-from-dublin-apartment-36538998.html

Any clues as to who this is? I presume boards wont allow you name him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

GavMan wrote: »
    Any clues as to who this is? I presume boards wont allow you name him?

The landlord in question is named in the Indo article. Click the link to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

fxotoole wrote: »
    The landlord in question is named in the Indo article. Click the link to find out

My apologies. I only skimmed the article. Thanks

Irony?

A woman who claims to be a member of some "anti- eviction" group, recently "evicted" some students from their abode in the Limerick.

The Judge put her back in her box.

Receiver invalid etc.

Same old.

• Advertisement

Irony?

A woman who claims to be a member of some "anti- eviction" group, recently "evicted" some students from their abode in the Limerick.

The Judge put her back in her box.

Receiver invalid etc.

Same old.

Have you any link to the court report ?

Looking over Gilroy’s most recent posts is entertaining in the extreme ... back to freeman basics and don’t mention the up coming referendum ... apparently Ben thinks laws can’t be changed !!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

whippet wrote: »
    Looking over Gilroy’s most recent posts is entertaining in the extreme ... back to freeman basics and don’t mention the up coming referendum ... apparently Ben thinks laws can’t be changed !!
    The same Ben that was the demagogue of a political party that wanted a referendum ever fortnight?

Robbo wrote: »
    The same Ben that was the demagogue of a political party that wanted a referendum ever fortnight?

His opinions follow the breeze

whippet wrote: »
    Have you any link to the court report ?

No. There was several newspaper articles describing events during the week. It took place in Limerick apparently, and a receiver was tasked with finding the tenants alternative accomodation in the interim. I do not seem to be able to post links to articles yet.

More on the woes of the Freeman of Mountjoy. At this rate he may not be able to afford to fix his tenants broken door.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/landlord-behind-dublin-eviction-borrowed-heavily-since-2015-1.3374182

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

No. There was several newspaper articles describing events during the week. It took place in Limerick apparently, and a receiver was tasked with finding the tenants alternative accomodation in the interim. I do not seem to be able to post links to articles yet.

Is this the one. Thats some intimidating carry on......

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/court-orders-limerick-property-owner-not-to-evict-students-824366.html

I can't believe that we missed it this year. Luckily for us he has a photo of the signed seal, or something.

http://www.billymcguire.com/post/275.html

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I must admit, I'm not up to speed at all with the comings and goings of the Freemen these days.

However, I did see a couple of familiar faces doing their tired "delivering a coffin" stunt recently in relation to the proposed PTSB mortgage sale. Sadly, due to the hat, we can't see what colour Ton D'arcys hair is these days. Also at the front is the Land League member who had his foot run over at the Battle of Gorse Hill.

They've knocked some mileage out of that coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

I note that they somehow roped in several independent TD's into that protest, one of whom seemed to conflate the issue of vulture funds buying up PTSB loans with what appears to be a very contentious eviction in Balbriggan yesterday on behalf of KBC Bank.

I note that one of the noted (not) Freemen, Ben Gilroy appeared on the scene and requested assistance from anyone in the area, claiming that the owners were being evicted despite having not missed a mortgage payment in 6 years...

There's some videos doing the rounds online from the scene and it looks to be fairly intimidatory.

• Advertisement

I note that they somehow roped in several independent TD's into that protest, one of whom seemed to conflate the issue of vulture funds buying up PTSB loans with what appears to be a very contentious eviction in Balbriggan yesterday on behalf of KBC Bank.

I note that one of the noted (not) Freemen, Ben Gilroy appeared on the scene and requested assistance from anyone in the area, claiming that the owners were being evicted despite having not missed a mortgage payment in 6 years...

There's some videos doing the rounds online from the scene and it looks to be fairly intimidatory.

Great to see Ben come out of retirement :rolleyes:

Great to see Ben come out of retirement :rolleyes:

He never went away...

He also declared a great victory on Facebook against the Bank by getting the evicted owners back into the house. I wonder how long that will last!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

For any new readers (thread hasn't been bumped in a while) thinking this seems unfair, it's worth pointing out that the definition of 'has not missed a payment in xx years' will differ from yours and could include such concepts as paying by IOU, Itchy and Scratchy Dollars, or a nominal amount that's regarded as a fair and final offering. Alternatively the full unmissed payment may actually be zero because the mortgage magically no longer exists, or some property right in the original Nantucket Treaty of 1578 that overrides our laws.

For any new readers (thread hasn't been bumped in a while) thinking this seems unfair, it's worth pointing out that the definition of 'has not missed a payment in xx years' will differ from yours and could include such concepts as paying by IOU, Itchy and Scratchy Dollars, or a nominal amount that's regarded as a fair and final offering. Alternatively the full unmissed payment may actually be zero because the mortgage magically no longer exists, or some property right in the original Nantucket Treaty of 1578 that overrides our laws.

IOU's are as good as cash I always thought!

Yeah, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. If they paid for the last six years, how did the Bank get an Order for Possession ? No Judge will give an Order where there's full repayments being made. If the Order is an old order that was obtained say, six years ago, the Bank would still have had to go to Court to renew the Execution Order and that brings us back to the original point, no Judge will give an order...etc

Something fishy about this one.

Some serious witch hunts online after that eviction. A nasty republican and anti British element are trying to identify some of the security staff involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Could this be the repossession referred to in [2017] IEHC 22 ?

It seems likely based on some of the arguments put forwards
    The applicant claimed in oral submissions that the order could not have been made without his consent but, unfortunately for him, that is not correct.
    The applicant submitted that he as a citizen was “mentioned in the Constitution” but the bank was not.
    However these documents are totally misconceived in the sense that they constitute what the applicant has grandiosely termed an “official offer” to make a minor payment in satisfaction of the debt due. There was no error in failing to consider this material.

I couldn't find details of the original action brought by KBC though - I guess those cases aren't online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

This post has been deleted.

Aye, it appears so.
    I've never looked for a specific case before but assumed all judgements (etc) would be available somewhere online regardless of which court it was - surprised that isn't the case from a transparency perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Bens been posting pictures of some of the parties involved on Facebook together with thinly veiled racist/xenophobic comments - followed by the usual “name and shame” and repeated promises of violence from his followers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

IOU's are as good as cash I always thought!
    The technical term is a "promissory note", preferably written on a Supermacs napkin.

Advertisement