Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

whippet wrote: »
    it is .. he seems to have been sucked in to some of these groups.

He was a guest on the ill-fated 'Ben Gilroy Show' that was supposed to be a running series on YouTube but floundered after the first episode .. I think Jan Van Something the leader of Direct Democracy was the other guest .. being interviewed about DDI by a host who was a candidate for DDI ... filmed against a mad green screen back drop with a canned studio audience.

The original DDI lads are all making a come back with some great comedy.

If you check out Ben's facebook feed he has some amount of whoohoo on it. Of course he never offers his own opinions so he can't be held to account for his opinions but he is posting stuff on Chemtrails, fluoride, 'tax is theft', sovereign blokes and the fact that cancer is man made as part of a hidden agenda - remember he has alluded to an opinion that a shock from a garda raid on his house was the cause of his daughter's cancer ....

When is he due back in court to answer the judges questions about his financial position?

These clowns always take the cowardly approach with their most outlandish beliefs. They will say something like "makes you think" or "a very interesting argument" whilst keeping a slight distance from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,143 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is this crew of the wet ink, CAPITALS, and Admiralty belief?

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I don't know who is behind this, but its neat - invent a bank, get people to put in some actual sterling pounds, convert it to unlimited amounts of Itchy and Scratchy dollars, tell them such I&S dollars can be used to pay any bills under the Bill Of Exchanges Act and Common Law stuff ('free from all every and any statutory planetary political rogue regime or order').

Could see how some of the more gullible would lap this up.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/sep/17/fca-issues-warning-over-were-bank

Edit: Just seen its a year old, thought it was today.
    mynamejeff wrote: »
    the more bizzare thing is that this landlord is probably a member of / supporter of many of the anti-eviction, anti-paying your debts protest groups.

Anyone have any idea of who this genius is?

actually .. after very quick facebook search it seems the landlord who apparently this is linked to is facebook friends with all the ususal suspects .....
    There's a website called Slumleaks doing some digging on rogue landlords and it appears one has been using these fake "WeRe Bank" cheques to give deposits back to tenants. Obviously these aren't worth the paper they're printed on and the tenant ends up out of pocket for hundreds.

I've heard that other people in the Freeman sphere have been active in the slumlording business. It has a lot of attraction for these guys: cash in hand, an inflated market, having no regard for legislation or standards and if you need to deal with a tenant or they get uppity, just spout a load of pseudo-legal babble at them and chances are they'll walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rumpole of the Baily

Top advice from member of the law society?

Is he trying to hint at people to purposely defaul?

"How one man took on his bank and won
    Not everyone mistreated by the banks over tracker mortgages came out of it badly".

In 2012, he came off a fixed rate, expecting to revert to his cheap tracker. He was informed that instead he'd be going on a variable rate that was closer to 6pc, a rate that he considered extortionate, that was why he strategically defaulted at that point.

The repayments being asked for by the bank were €1,500 and the rent was €700. He was still on 'interest only' but disagreed with the bank charging a rate nearly six times above what he thought was the correct rate.

His view was that if the bank wanted to play hardball with him, then he'd return the favour in kind. So he accepted the rent and paid the bank nothing. This went on for years. I asked him if he thought this was morally correct.

He told me: "I used it to pay for my family home and cover local property tax so to me it wasn't really a choice, and when it comes to 'fair', just look at how banks treated people, they don't know what fair means, they hold zero moral authority so f**k them."

Karl Deeter met one of the lucky ones"

Irish Indo 31st of December 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

• Advertisement

Thanks Armani Jeans.

Beginning to wonder why anybody bothers paying their mortgage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Thanks Armani Jeans.

Beginning to wonder why anybody bothers paying their mortgage now.

I am not a legal professional but I get the impression that its not really a big deal to take a break or cut back on the payments.

Providing ya know how to play the game. It seems to take absolutely years to get a repo on a "family home" and listening to the David Hall types the banks are supposed to offer a deal first.

And ya better not be looking for a mortgage again in a few years....

Its just an impression I have, I may be wrong, I havent tested it :pac:

I think the legal experts here will tell me I am completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Top advice from member of the law society?

Is he trying to hint at people to purposely defaul?

Am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Not only was he allowed to keep the compensation, but the so called deal with the renter may have made him a fortune too in the interim. Getting more bizzare by the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Am I missing something?

The truth, perhaps. It's a bit too ridiculous to have actually happened in this fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

"The White Pendragons". Freemanism in the classic style: a far-right English group...

From: https://tellmamauk.org/who-are-the-white-pendragons/
    The media fanfare around the failed citizen’s arrest of London’s first Muslim mayor overlooked how activists from the far-right White Pendragons had brought a homemade gallows with them to London. Sadiq Khan had begun to address the Fabian Society conference on gender equality when the interruption began, delaying his speech for around fifteen minutes, as police removed the individuals.

Paul Brand, a reporter for ITV, interviewed the group, who presented inchoate arguments about the English constitution and the Magna Carta.

If the membership of the White Pendragons could not explain the so-called ‘treason’ of Sadiq Khan to journalists, their website struggles with the same argument. In short, this failure is contingent on their use of the ‘pseudo-legal’ jargon of ‘freeman of the land’ or freemanism, an idea ridiculed and dismissed by various legal bloggers. The leadership have extended this logic to argue for the constitutional right to bear arms.

… how the Magna Carta and common law is being subverted by ‘the Fabian Society, by the Rothschild, by the Rockefellers, by the London School of Economics. It has been a conspiracy against the constitution, and the person standing up against that is President Donald Trump.”

Statute is the WILL of Parliament vs Common Law and the Constitution is the WILL of the people. Parliament may not legislate any “Statute” so as to cause rebellion. Parliament are NOT sovereign we ARE. When Parliament is dissolved Sovereignty is returned to the people and Her Majesty.

England is the Mother of Common Law Jurisdiction, Common Law and the 12 Judges (Our Peers) cradle democracy in their hands (by oath). They have the God-given right by Natural Justice to void by their conscience and their opinion ANY Law. No statute can alter their rights to defend you and YOUR Liberty and Freedom.

https://takebackcontrol.vote/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/159432501297414/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

was the lord due in court himself this week? the usual facebook pages have been very quite ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

was the lord due in court himself this week? the usual facebook pages have been very quite ?

https://www.facebook.com/byron.jenkins.3990/posts/10215683631342432?pnref=story
    It’s Crunchy Wednesday:
    Our own Circuit Court case today: the GE/Pepper case was struck out and we were awarded costs, expenditure and incidentals.
    After locking horns with the Barrister for about an hour and a half the Judge understood the very reasoning behind our argument; it was our motion to turn the case from Summary to Plenary and have the case adopted into the High Court: they objected and wanted a full Circuit Court hearing………… that they kind of got it but it backfired.

Just before the end of the case the Judge said to the Barrister: you have one chance here, this case goes ‘case stated to the Court of Appeals or I am striking the case out’.
    The Barrister said “we don’t want this in the High Court”……… so the Judge struck it out.
    He then said to us; “they will probably Appeal my decision to the High Court Mr Jenkins but at least you get your wish to be in the High Court”.

Knowing your case: the Judge actually complimented us on knowing the inn’s and out’s of our case, more so than the Barrister did!

Case stated? Seems a bit far-fetched.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No. Absolutely nothing about this lot is far-fetched in any way.

bishopbrennan2.jpg

As always, a profound lack of detail of any kind on pretty much anything that happened, was said or done on the day. You'd wonder why that is so.

Alarming, to say the least how blindly the followers follow, without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Will the actual judgement be online at some point?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

GavMan wrote: »
    Will the judgement be online at some point?
    Circuit Court judgments are rarely reported.

I'm sure when it hits a Superior Court there'll be something.

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    Circuit Court judgments are rarely reported.

I'm sure when it hits a Superior Court there'll be something.

So in effect we don't know if the Lordship is misunderstanding a judgement or if a case genuinely went his way or if he was tagging along with a case that a real solicitor had to retrieve or if he is simply pretending that they won. I suspect the first and last one to be so.

Have the Law Society no role to play in regulating sources of 'legal quackery?'
    Imagine how many are being sucked into deeper indebtness, not to mention the real liklihood of a repossession of their home because of some of these groups.
    If a legal firm touted such nonsense, there would be consequences.

So how are these 'unregulated' bodies escaping same?

Something does not add up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

First time on this thread in a while.

I see Joe got the jail? Best place for the man, Mod deletion PMd poster

So in effect we don't know if the Lordship is misunderstanding a judgement or if a case genuinely went his way or if he was tagging along with a case that a real solicitor had to retrieve or if he is simply pretending that they won. I suspect the first and last one to be so.

Oh he definitely took on a professional counsel for it. It was let slip on Facebook a good while ago but I can't find it because between the hub page and his own account there is just too much **** to trawl through. Maybe it got a mention on this page.

That being said, its obviously headed to the high court so we'll see.

Couple lose house in Dublin Court today having not paid a penny since 2013.

Is that not what happens when people do not pay?

How then can others claim to have their cases dismissed or struck out?

Getting more bizzare by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Couple lose house in Dublin Court today having not paid a penny since 2013.

Is that not what happens when people do not pay?

How then can others claim to have their cases dismissed or struck out?

Getting more bizzare by the minute.

Link?

Were any of the usual suspects involved as lay litigators, etc?

fxotoole wrote: »
    Link?

Were any of the usual suspects involved as lay litigators, etc?

It was in the Indo but can't find it.

I don't think any of the usuals were involved simply because the house has actually been repossessed without too much of a fuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/dublin-couple-lose-lavish-700k-home-after-failing-to-make-repayments-for-five-years-36521695.html

There didn't appear to be any of the usual nonsense, they simply seemed to have stopped paying and it took until now to get the property back off them.

Advertisement