Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

There defence is stupidly good now days and good defences wreck us. Also Carr and cooper are playing awesome atm

I like the raiders - but to say they will be more of a challenge than cardinals seems a bit off the wall! Cards have Palmer an MVP Candidate - Honey Badger & Peterson are Defensive MVP Candidates. Larry Fitz & John Brown - their oline is playing so well David Johnson is having a season and also have Ellington to come back. As well as having a strong front 7! I think they are a far more complete team and thats why they are 11-2 and Raiders are 6-7

Mack had a great game against denver but cooper and crabtree didnt do much and id be confident defending against them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I like the raiders - but to say they will be more of a challenge than cardinals seems a bit off the wall! Cards have Palmer an MVP Candidate - Honey Badger & Peterson are Defensive MVP Candidates. Larry Fitz & John Brown - their oline is playing so well David Johnson is having a season and also have Ellington to come back. As well as having a strong front 7! I think they are a far more complete team and thats why they are 11-2 and Raiders are 6-7

Mack had a great game against denver but cooper and crabtree didnt do much and id be confident defending against them!

Just a feeling I have, I expect a shoot out with palmer, so our bucks can pick balls and ****, I know the records, just a sneaking feeling I have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Patww79 wrote: »

It's likely to be a home game against the lowest seed. I'm sure they can manage to win that. Possible double trip to the desert in the offing...

WTF was Rodgers thinking with the Int? Most of his interceptions are good throws off the hands of his receivers, but that was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Isn't it ironic that as soon as the D improves the O sputters.

With a top class QB one would think that a pair of elite receivers would be a priority.

• Advertisement

Isn't it ironic that as soon as the D improves the O sputters.

With a top class QB one would think that a pair of elite receivers would be a priority.

we have elite recievers but aside from cobb and nelson we have no depth - every1 else there is only bit part players! Jones is finished and will be released... Adams(whilst he is young) is slow to get separation and also drops so much... Janis, Abbredis, Montegomery are just cover for cover imo - maybe montegomery can improve to be 3rd/4th string.

TBH i think that there is problems all over the field - lacy looked like a guard running today - obviously TE has been an issue - I think we need more cover in the secondary too - and id like a decent DT to defend against the run! Aside from that id like clements and capers out - maybe even mccarthy cos he has these guys in the positions!

I was asked if Packers were the worst team to make the playoffs and with the way were playin its not really that far from the truth - ok your Texans and Redskins - maybe Vikes but we havent been good at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Bit harsh on jones, safest hands on the team atm, Cathes almost everything to him, We really need to sort out the offence in this draft, A te that can actually tight end please!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

A win is a win in December. Putting up 30 points in Oakland is hardly cause for panic stations. We saw with that long drive that it's not far from clicking, just need some work on 3rd downs/redzone.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    A win is a win in December. Putting up 30 points in Oakland is hardly cause for panic stations. We saw with that long drive that it's not far from clicking, just need some work on 3rd downs/redzone.

Point taken,however for me its Carolina or Seahawks to win the NFC Championship.

I hope I'm wrong but those are the most impressive teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

We might get Seahawks in Lambaugh for the first round in the Playoffs.
    I don't fancy our chances.

• Advertisement

jman0war wrote: »
    We might get Seahawks in Lambaugh for the first round in the Playoffs.
    I don't fancy our chances.

Correct, Lambeau or Lambaugh can't see Pack winning that one.

Correct, Lambeau or Lambaugh can't see Pack winning that one.
    Ack, didn't even see that!

Anyway this has been one of the most frustrating seasons i've watched in a long time.
    It's like watching last years NFC Championship game on Repeat.

Ack, didn't even see that!

Anyway this has been one of the most frustrating seasons i've watched in a long time.
    It's like watching last years NFC Championship game on Repeat.

Agree 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭cosatron

Sunday night will be a true test of really where we're at. I'm really looking forward to it, hoping Sam shields will be back. I think the d match up well, but there secondary is very good and our receivers couldn't catch a cold against the raiders, so here's hoping Eddie is balling on sunday

cosatron wrote: »
    Sunday night will be a true test of really where we're at. I'm really looking forward to it, hoping Sam shields will be back. I think the d match up well, but there secondary is very good and our receivers couldn't catch a cold against the raiders, so here's hoping Eddie is balling on sunday

Need a good time of possession.

40 mins would be great🤓

Need a good time of possession.

40 mins would be great🤓

Hopefully. Rodgers jersey is in elverys in Galway 85 beans.

0 points at the half? Check
    No running attack? Check
    Holding by the O-Line? Check
    Terrible play by the O-Line? Check

Yep, it's another Packer game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm really trying not to over react, but I think this might be the worst overall performance from us I have ever watched. Pathetic.

i actually couldnt agree more with the above - Cardinals are a great team and make no mistake but.... this is the worst offensive perfomance ive ever seen from a green bay team - tough watching it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

i actually couldnt agree more with the above - Cardinals are a great team and make no mistake but.... this is the worst offensive perfomance ive ever seen from a green bay team - tough watching it!!

Things might get better....

As I post this there is 40% of the game remaining.... and we are essentially in 'garbage time', so the cardinals may take their foot off the gas.

It's the O-Line that's killing us.
    OK sure, Stark's fumble and A-rod's INT didn't help.

It's the O-Line that's killing us.
    OK sure, Stark's fumble and A-rod's INT didn't help.

Richard Rodgers is taking up position in the O-line I think?

There have got to be some unsigned former Offensive linemen that can be brought in off the street and do a better job.

Safe to say that we aren't going to leave much of an impression on this year's playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Safe to say that we aren't going to leave much of an impression on this year's playoffs.

And would have been better off missing them altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

whats the playoff situation now?

Beat the viks and we're at home to the seahawks. loose and we're away to the 'skins?

digzy wrote: »
    whats the playoff situation now?

Beat the viks and we're at home to the seahawks. loose and we're away to the 'skins?

throw the game!

which would probably be an improvement in quality over yesterday's performance

• Advertisement

You called it, fair play. I didn't see that coming, I can't believe how bad the o-line was, considering last year it's was one of our strengths and now it's a major weakness again. Heads have to roll after this, Caper, Bennett and Clements need to be replaced this off season.

Advertisement