Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Raji has been signed. Just to address ILB and corner in the draft. We're looking good. Hopefully, morale won't be an issue. McCarthy seems like a good coach from that point of view.

Yeah looking like DT can go down the list of needs now. ILB, corner and maybe a TE to compete with Rodgers. At least we're not going into the draft with a whole list of issues and instead can add more depth to an already strong side.

With regards morale I think it'll all be out of the system by now. If anything I think it'll drive a lot of guys on to know how close they were to getting to the Superbowl.
    limerickfc wrote: »
    Things are lookin good for us..only a month to go til the draft now who's every1 got us taking.?

A lot harder to pick this year. Last year I'm pretty sure we were all hoping Haha would fall to us and he did. If not him, then CJ Mosley was the other option everyone wanted but he was picked four picks previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Itll be interesting if paclers bring back colt lyeria as a camp body. As for draft i honestly expect us to go ilb ilb if possible in first two rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i dont think the value is there at ilb to go round 1 and round 2 - that bein said the value for cbs is not there either! Id consider a trade like the vikings last year to get teddy - as long as the pick was in the top 7 in the second round - i think the ilbs will all still be there - its such a pass rush and wr deep draft

Patww79 wrote: »

The need for more guys at ILB becomes greater now - Lattimore signs for the Jets. Disappointing but not unexpected I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

I think Weil be forced to take a CB in the 1st..it's looking like theirs gonna be a big run on them and on WR's..Wayne's,peters,Johnson are more than likely gone by 30 so that kinda leaves Jones, Rowe, Collins and Darby or maybe kendricks at ILB

Kuhn resigned for Vets Minimum contract - 1 yr - 870k
    Sean Richardson resigned - deal matched from the Raiders - 1yr - 2.55mill

Im happy with the way ted and mike are working this offseason - they know they dont need to change that much so at least we keep our squad together!

Kuhn resigned for Vets Minimum contract - 1 yr - 870k
    Sean Richardson resigned - deal matched from the Raiders - 1yr - 2.55mill

Im happy with the way ted and mike are working this offseason - they know they dont need to change that much so at least we keep our squad together!

as long as we want khun there is never any hope of him leaving

il be heartbroken when he calls it a day - or packers release him!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Obligatory KUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!

Man's a legend, he'll retire in Green Bay.

• Advertisement

forget turkey looks like we'll be tearing apart some bears at thanksgiving

• Registered Users Posts: 10,851 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I feel a Kevin Keegan quote coming on.

I would have preferred the seahawks in the December snow.

give me seadderol nice and early so the team is still pissed over throwing the game to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭cosatron

I feel a Kevin Keegan quote coming on.

and to really rub it in, we are returning favre's number that night aswell, so the place will be bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,851 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

cosatron wrote: »
    and to really rub it in, we are returning favre's number that night aswell, so the place will be bananas.

Are you sure he's definitely retired this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭cosatron

Are you sure he's definitely retired this time?

Unless chip comes looking for him

Only a week to go now..how have ye got the draft goin for us

limerickfc wrote: »
    Only a week to go now..how have ye got the draft goin for us

very defensive with a te maybe round 4/5

Any particular prospects in mind.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

For me, the best 1/2 combo would be Byron Jones at CB in the first, and Denzel Perryman for ILB in the second, with rounds 3-5 focused on a raw/high upside TE, a raw/high upside edge rusher and a defensive lineman (in no particular order). Finish out the draft with another CB, another ILB, some backup at offensive line and RB, and then either a project QB, safety or bpa in terms of front seven defensive players.

Returning our entire offense of consequence from last season really was a huge, huge benefit this off season, especialky since age isn't really a short or even medium term issue for anyone we have there (Kuhn and Starr's being the only offensive players with less than 5 quality seasons realistically left in them). I really hope and expect us to focus extremely strongly on defence in this draft, and we can more than afford to because the other side of the ball isn't even a remote issue!

30.) Anthony ILB 62.) Pj Williams CB 94.) Lorenzo Mauldin OLB 129.) Mitch Morse OG 166.) Ben Koyack TE 206.) Brandon Bridge QB 210.) Zach Zenner RB 213.) Nick Marshall CB. 247.) Deon Simon NT

Aboves my packers mock draft..2 starters with the 1st too picks, develop LM for a year to take over for peppers, Morse is extremely versatile which is what we need for our OL, Koyaks a good blocker and was underused at Notre Dame, bridge is a project, zenner to lighten lacys load, Marshall has good size for a CB, love Simon as our future NT

I was absolutely confused by this pick - would have said that safety is a position that we were ok in and malcom Brown still on the board would have been good value .... so i hadnt done too much research on Randall! But he is gonna be used as corner - and Arizona State said the only reason they played him at safety was because thats where the need was and their system needed the best player at safety. His coverage ability would lead him to be a great corner! I know he climbed a lot up mock drafts and rankings over the last few weeks so here is hoping he comes good!

So a DB who supposedly doesn't tackle well but is a bit of a ball hawk... He'll fit right in!

Can't say I know or have watched a lot of him so will have to watch a bit over the weekend. Will be interesting to see what linebackers fall to the bottom of the second.

he must tackle well going by nfl. com report. they said something like when he hits his victim he jolts them hard

he must tackle well going by nfl. com report. they said something like when he hits his victim he jolts them hard

Had a look at some of his tackles/games (slow day at work) and to me he tackles as good as or better than Trae Waynes anyways. He's not going to be our last line of defence anyways - HaHa covers and hits hard in that respect - so it may not be a massive issue. I think the not tackling well thing comes from him not smashing guys but rather just hangs on and gets them down which is good enough for me - whether that will be good enough with much bigger receivers and RB's time will tell.

• Advertisement

Bizarre draft so far.

Advertisement