Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

calex71 wrote: »
    Tried this last night worked 1st time............. and the 10th time :pac:

Does that work on single player? I thought the lift switch becomes inactive during the fight though I admit I never tried it)

Finished the story last night. Finally got some legendaries too, a Snyper Badaboom rocket launcher (the one that shoots six rockets) from King Mong on my way to Hero's Pass and a Flakker from the Warrior (which might actually be handy for second winds).

Only Lvl56 though. Don't really want to do the main story again so going to do the DLC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Penn wrote: »
    Does that work on single player? I thought the lift switch becomes inactive during the fight though I admit I never tried it)

It totally works solo, I have been killed a fair few times by that lift by standing on the wrong side of it, surprised it took so long for folks to turn it into a weapon :D

There is a catch , you have to kill Pete 1st, then kill yourself with the lift so you spawn back in the bar, then the switch and pete will be active at the same time :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

PC / Mac: 5JC3B-HRS5W-HC6B3-J3TJJ-ZRCKB
    Xbox 360: WBKTT-SX5Z5-B39J6-KX3TT-9JXWK
    PlayStation 3: K3CT3-WZRK3-5CKKT-SJK33-39XHW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Tried this last night worked 1st time............. and the 10th time :pac:

you have the worst timing with this ever!! we tried so many times

Have started farming the Loot Midgets in the Wildlife Preserve. Have also finally found Jimmy Jenkins. Not found much in 5 tries apart from a few etech relics and a Lvl57 Legendary Beserker mod, which isn't much of an improvement over the Lvl50 one.

However, I just run straight through most of it. Have to fight through the bit just before that room with the loaders and stalkers, but other than that, big capacity shield and gunzerk to increase speed, and run like f*ck.

• Advertisement

Have started farming the Loot Midgets in the Wildlife Preserve. Have also finally found Jimmy Jenkins. Not found much in 5 tries apart from a few etech relics and a Lvl57 Legendary Beserker mod, which isn't much of an improvement over the Lvl50 one.

However, I just run straight through most of it. Have to fight through the bit just before that room with the loaders and stalkers, but other than that, big capacity shield and gunzerk to increase speed, and run like f*ck.

You clearly are not up to speed on the super slavador exploit .... what's that you say?

It's 2 guns in one hand...... works like this you need a class mod that extends gunzerking , last longer skill and points in that skill. Gunzerk and wait until it's about to run out then unequip the class mod, if for example you had a DPUKH in your right hand and a rubi in the left, you now have a DPUKH that heals you, swap out the left hand weapon and you will keep it;s effect as long as the right gun is active and you can equip another in your left hand now .....so 3 guns effectively when zerking....... has game breaking potential depending non the combo.

Also doing this effectively brings back the original vladof expoilt too.

You clearly are not up to speed on the super slavador exploit .... what's that you say?

It's 2 guns in one hand...... works like this you need a class mod that extends gunzerking , last longer skill and points in that skill. Gunzerk and wait until it's about to run out then unequip the class mod, if for example you had a DPUKH in your right hand and a rubi in the left, you now have a DPUKH that heals you, swap out the left hand weapon and you will keep it;s effect as long as the right gun is active and you can equip another in your left hand now .....so 3 guns effectively when zerking....... has game breaking potential depending non the combo.

Also doing this effectively brings back the original vladof expoilt too.

Jesus... :D

I'll keep it in mind, but I think it's probably the glitch that broke the camels back. Was happy enough using the Evil Smasher glitch for raid bosses and because it takes so long to fight your way to the raid bosses (especially Voracidous who is near the end of that map), but I can't imagine using this glitch.

Running through the Wildlife Preserve is working out pretty well. I'm actually making money from it as I'm not spending a lot on ammo or respawns, and the relics and weapons I pick up I can sell on. Did another two runs this morning. Got a legendary Whiskey Tango Foxtrot shield, but it wasn't even from one of the Loot Midgets. One of the skags in that area was a Chubby. The loot midgets are still only dropping etech relics.

Jesus... :D

I'll keep it in mind, but I think it's probably the glitch that broke the camels back. Was happy enough using the Evil Smasher glitch for raid bosses and because it takes so long to fight your way to the raid bosses (especially Voracidous who is near the end of that map), but I can't imagine using this glitch.

Running through the Wildlife Preserve is working out pretty well. I'm actually making money from it as I'm not spending a lot on ammo or respawns, and the relics and weapons I pick up I can sell on. Did another two runs this morning. Got a legendary Whiskey Tango Foxtrot shield, but it wasn't even from one of the Loot Midgets. One of the skags in that area was a Chubby. The loot midgets are still only dropping etech relics.

To be honest I haven't found a combo that comes close to the smasher, the dp/rubi is ok for keeping you alive but I'm going to do the mission for a fibber later and see what it's like with 700% citicals.

The midget run is by far the best for legendary stuff, got a flying emperor and deliverance there, the only thing is the lvl of the stuff dropped for me ranges from 59-61 :( so you could get something great like the deliverance and run over all excited to be crushed when you see it's a lvl 59

To be honest I haven't found a combo that comes close to the smasher, the dp/rubi is ok for keeping you alive but I'm going to do the mission for a fibber later and see what it's like with 700% citicals.

The midget run is by far the best for legendary stuff, got a flying emperor and deliverance there, the only thing is the lvl of the stuff dropped for me ranges from 59-61 :( so you could get something great like the deliverance and run over all excited to be crushed when you see it's a lvl 59

explain the run, cant jopin yer game for some reason

Arawn wrote: »
    explain the run, cant jopin yer game for some reason

Xbox live is still giving me issues, sending messages connecting to games etc. though I think even though it tells me messages are not sent they get through.

You need to have the Doctors orders side quest active and incomplete, pick up the first echo and work to the room with the 2nd one (where i told you if you picked it up by mistake to dashboard) those 4 boxes will spawn a loot midget each and have a seriously high chance of dropping something nice,

in an hour there this eveing I got, a 2fer gunerang, storm, avenger, an assortment of sub-par legendary class mods and some relics long ways off max stats, where you start at the vending machines you can stick your nose out the other exit to see if pimon and thumba are there, if they are kill them they have a chance of dropping a transformer and a deliverance respectively.

• Advertisement

Started a new farming method last night of farming the red loot chest at the end of Hero's Pass. If you go through Hero's Pass (in Normal mode so you can just run through it), go into the Vault of the Warrior (but don't go down the elevator), go back into Hero's Pass (so you'll come back out at that red chest), then exit and load up UVHM, you can repeatedly continue your game and you'll be at that chest. Between loading times and opening the chest, you can pretty much open it every 40 seconds (Load into game, open chest, see what's there, save and exit, load into game etc)

Didn't get any legendaries or pearlescents yet, but did pick up some good blues and purples. Might split my time between doing this and farming the loot midgets in the WEP. Got a Lvl56 Sledge's Shotgun from one on Monday Night, but still finding that they drop f*ck all most of the time.

And I think I might buy the Creature Slaughter Dome thing to make the WEP run quicker.

Started a new farming method last night of farming the red loot chest at the end of Hero's Pass. If you go through Hero's Pass (in Normal mode so you can just run through it), go into the Vault of the Warrior (but don't go down the elevator), go back into Hero's Pass (so you'll come back out at that red chest), then exit and load up UVHM, you can repeatedly continue your game and you'll be at that chest. Between loading times and opening the chest, you can pretty much open it every 40 seconds (Load into game, open chest, see what's there, save and exit, load into game etc)

Didn't get any legendaries or pearlescents yet, but did pick up some good blues and purples. Might split my time between doing this and farming the loot midgets in the WEP. Got a Lvl56 Sledge's Shotgun from one on Monday Night, but still finding that they drop f*ck all most of the time.

And I think I might buy the Creature Slaughter Dome thing to make the WEP run quicker.

If you know someone with that slaughter dome dlc you can join their game enter the area and you will have access to it on your playthrough.

Those midgets are far and away my best loot source, but some nights I could get nothing but crap from them others something every 3rd or 4th run.

I changed my build last night to use an auspicious raider class mod, now it's not viable to use it in general combat as it's nearly instant death even with a rubi off hand as i have nothing invested in regen or health, +6 to money shot with the mod and rest of points into zerking and damage, 2 dp harolds, slag in the other pair of guns, sheriff badge, alkaline bee ............. no exploit used = pete dead in about 45 seconds going toe to toe and not hiding from him ..... using a trespasser with the exploit (stacks it's ability to bypass shields on to halrolds) the fight lasts all of 20 seconds :eek:

If you know someone with that slaughter dome dlc you can join their game enter the area and you will have access to it on your playthrough.

Those midgets are far and away my best loot source, but some nights I could get nothing but crap from them others something every 3rd or 4th run.

I changed my build last night to use an auspicious raider class mod, now it's not viable to use it in general combat as it's nearly instant death even with a rubi off hand as i have nothing invested in regen or health, +6 to money shot with the mod and rest of points into zerking and damage, 2 dp harolds, slag in the other pair of guns, sheriff badge, alkaline bee ............. no exploit used = pete dead in about 45 seconds going toe to toe and not hiding from him ..... using a trespasser with the exploit (stacks it's ability to bypass shields on to halrolds) the fight lasts all of 20 seconds :eek:
    yeah so you'll be popping into my game later to take on some tvh raid bosses then

yeah so you'll be popping into my game later to take on some tvh raid bosses then

Haven't worked up to hyperious in UVHM so id be interested to see what kind of damage we can do to him in your game.

Haven't worked up to hyperious in UVHM so id be interested to see what kind of damage we can do to him in your game.

If he's scarlets booty I have it, if not then not so much! You online now?? I can hop on if so. Also the dueling last night was hilarious!!

If he's scarlets booty I have it, if not then not so much! You online now?? I can hop on if so. Also the dueling last night was hilarious!!

Be on for a half hour or so yeah

Does anyone have a capped siren with res??

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-Xbox-360-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

Hmmm they were a lot kinder than I expected to vault / bank glitchers ...... they got off very lucky indeed. :cool:

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-Xbox-360-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

Hmmm they were a lot kinder than I expected to vault / bank glitchers ...... they got off very lucky indeed. :cool:

yeah what are they like not having 4 loot characters like you!

Bought the Creature Slaughterdome. That was a bad idea. You kinda get stuck in a never-ending loop. Did about 4 runs of the Loot Midgets, then decided to leave, but because I was spawning outside the Creature Slaughterdome, there's no fast-travel station. Can't run back to the beginning. Can't run to the end of the map. Ended up having to load in Normal Mode and get to the end that way. Didn't even get anything in my loot midget runs, especially not with Jimmy Jenkins showing up twice.

Wasn't all bad news last night though. Farming the red loot chest at the end of Hero's Pass got me a Legendary Sniper Mod (useless to me, but first legendary I ever got from a loot chest). Several tries later, a Quasar grenade mod. More tries later, a Caustic Hornet. And a few more tries later.... a Lvl57 DP Unkempt Harold. More damage than my two Lvl50s combined.

It's boring and monotomous, and earns no XP, but in terms of legendaries I've gotten more farming the loot chest than the loot midgets, in a shorter period of time and with much less stress.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, the most annoying part of the Slaughterdome is the lack of Fast Travel to and from it.

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, the most annoying part of the Slaughterdome is the lack of Fast Travel to and from it.

Aye. I thought that was the whole point of getting it. Admittedly, it is quicker spawning there so you're right beside the area with the loot midgets, but you have to make at least one run there in order to be able to spawn there, and there's no way out without going through the rest of the map. Pretty pointless doing it then.

Penn what kind of build and gear are you using???? Theres is no way you should be having that kind of trouble on that run, for me the only annoying part was the pestilent stalkers.

Still it was a 5-7 minute run, hated to see jenkins as he drops nothing, but i rarely finished a run without at least an ancient relic. You should trigger the save point at the door to the out side area in the back left just before the badass skagg.

Might have mentioned before, when you spawn at the vending machines on that run to stick your head out the door before moving forward to see if Pimon and Tumbaa are there , they drop deliverance and transformer legendaries.

When you decide you've had enough go forward not back, to where you fought bloodwing, and take out son of mothrakk for a chance at a skullsmasher, and raid the 2 chests there, this will allow you to bypass the skags, stalkers etc if you had gone the other way.

@Arawn how did you get on behind your rock that time yesterday evening ?
    I went back and tried the same tactics and got super lucky as gee followed me so I could just see him from behind the rock and the worms couldn't get me...... half an hour later he was dead, i stuck my head out towards the end and almost died as about 12-15 worms showered me in acid all at once :eek:

Got a Patriot rifle for my trouble...... then I went back with new tactics and build .

This method is highly dependent on not missing a punch and him absorbing the gas every time but I got him down to the letters in his name before being overwhelmed by the maggots :mad:

it was also the 1st time i had 10 points in incite, it was so weird seeing slavador move that fast :D

Penn what kind of build and gear are you using???? Theres is no way you should be having that kind of trouble on that run, for me the only annoying part was the pestilent stalkers.

Still it was a 5-7 minute run, hated to see jenkins as he drops nothing, but i rarely finished a run without at least an ancient relic. You should trigger the save point at the door to the out side area in the back left just before the badass skagg.

Might have mentioned before, when you spawn at the vending machines on that run to stick your head out the door before moving forward to see if Pimon and Tumbaa are there , they drop deliverance and transformer legendaries.

When you decide you've had enough go forward not back, to where you fought bloodwing, and take out son of mothrakk for a chance at a skullsmasher, and raid the 2 chests there, this will allow you to bypass the skags, stalkers etc if you had gone the other way.

It's not so much that the run causes trouble, I just find it an unnecessary hassle. Pestilent Stalkers don't even give me too trouble, though I tend to waste far too much ammo with the Unkempt Harolds on stalkers in general as they move too f*cking fast and jump out of the way. Only trouble I really ever get in to is if there's an Ultimate Badass Shock Skag.

My typical loadout is:
    Shield: Blast Proof (over 150,000 capacity, reduced damage from explosions)
    Class Mod: Legendary Beserker
    Relic: Ancient Relic with 44% to max health and something like 35% SMG ammo
    Grenade: Switching between Homing Bonus Package and Slag Singularity
    Guns: Lvl50 Slagga
    Lvl56 Caustic SMG / Lvl55 Hellfire / Lvl50 Caustic Infinity (if I need time to regen ammo)
    Lvl50 DP Unkempt Harold x 2

Build is Rampage completed and up to Tier 3 on Gunlust and Brawn

had to go out and turn it off, currently doing it now though ha ha

More boardsies should hop onto our games, there's only so much we can physically rape everything bar raid bosses, and even then the raid bosses are getting easier and easier

It's not so much that the run causes trouble, I just find it an unnecessary hassle. Pestilent Stalkers don't even give me too trouble, though I tend to waste far too much ammo with the Unkempt Harolds on stalkers in general as they move too f*cking fast and jump out of the way. Only trouble I really ever get in to is if there's an Ultimate Badass Shock Skag.

My typical loadout is:
    Shield: Blast Proof (over 150,000 capacity, reduced damage from explosions)
    Class Mod: Legendary Beserker
    Relic: Ancient Relic with 44% to max health and something like 35% SMG ammo
    Grenade: Switching between Homing Bonus Package and Slag Singularity
    Guns: Lvl50 Slagga
    Lvl56 Caustic SMG / Lvl55 Hellfire / Lvl50 Caustic Infinity (if I need time to regen ammo)
    Lvl50 DP Unkempt Harold x 2

Build is Rampage completed and up to Tier 3 on Gunlust and Brawn

Thats pretty close to what I was using pre level 61. slag and 2 harolds should make bits of a skag, might be worth a trip to lynchwood for a Sheriff Badge for an extra 20-25% pistol damage?

or use a super awesome infinity pistol thats safely stored until needed......

Thats pretty close to what I was using pre level 61. slag and 2 harolds should make bits of a skag, might be worth a trip to lynchwood for a Sheriff Badge for an extra 20-25% pistol damage?

Maybe. Like I said though, it's more the hassle than anything else. Farming the loot chest at Hero's Pass was boring (was pretty much browsing the internet on my phone at the same time, but got me two good legendaries and some other good guns that I might try out. Want to try a slag assault rifle and a caustic SMG, see how that works out. Was trying a slag SMG etech for a while which did good damage, but eats up ammo too quickly.

or use a super awesome infinity pistol thats safely stored until needed......

I miss Zerking with my two infinities. Sadly they just feel too underpowered now.

• Advertisement

I miss Zerking with my two infinities. Sadly they just feel too underpowered now.

.....I think calex can say my infinity is not underpowered at all....gee just died lets have a look...so far the only gold/pearlessant is the thrusing devastator and it's ****e.....no good loot at all ffs

Advertisement