Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Arawn wrote: »
    .....I think calex can say my infinity is not underpowered at all....gee just died lets have a look...so far the only gold/pearlessant is the thrusing devastator and it's ****e.....no good loot at all ffs

Devastator is a seraph that used to be sold for 120 crystals by the venders ..... imagine if you had farmed the raids for the crystals to buy it :D

it shoots wee rockets through doesn't it? If i remember they fire in a weird arc which was what made it useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

aye they are bloody terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Level 57 DPUH certainly makes the WEP run a lot easier. Now I'm using it with the Slagga in the other hand (as opposed to using Slagga and another weapon, then switching to double DPUHs). Everything's dying a lot quicker and I'm not using nearly as much ammo. Can even tear through the loot midgets a lot quicker (did 3 in one Gunzerk last night)

First run of the WEP last night actually netted me a Caustic Conference Call and my first pearlescent, a Butcher shotgun (no element type unfortunately, and doesn't seem too strong). Few more runs and over an hour farming the Hero's Pass red chest didn't result in anything though.

Some of the Loot Midgets are ridiculous though and have far more health than others. One Wee Gun Loader in particular took ages, and could kill me in a few shots. Also didn't help that at one point when I went into FFYL but thought I could still kill him in time, he ghostwalked through the door into Bloodwing's place. Little f*cker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

KTW3T-ZXXS5-JBSJF-5FJT3-6TB9X
    Have a golden key. Ah, go on.

KTW3T-ZXXS5-JBSJF-5FJT3-6TB9X
    Have a golden key. Ah, go on.

Xbox code KJW3B-ZZHRX-BT9JR-K6BT3-6THSS

And for any like me who missed the code for the 5 golden keys for the new true vault hunter mode here is the codes that were given and still work( I just input my one) it goes pc ps3 and finally xbox

K3WJT-BFBRW-S5RTT-TBBB3-9XWZ5

C3KTB-F6ZKB-KC5WJ-ZTKJ3-XC569

KBWTB-T6XSC-JJHBF-WXBJJ-WRWKF

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    The Level 57 DPUH certainly makes the WEP run a lot easier. Now I'm using it with the Slagga in the other hand (as opposed to using Slagga and another weapon, then switching to double DPUHs). Everything's dying a lot quicker and I'm not using nearly as much ammo. Can even tear through the loot midgets a lot quicker (did 3 in one Gunzerk last night)

First run of the WEP last night actually netted me a Caustic Conference Call and my first pearlescent, a Butcher shotgun (no element type unfortunately, and doesn't seem too strong). Few more runs and over an hour farming the Hero's Pass red chest didn't result in anything though.

Some of the Loot Midgets are ridiculous though and have far more health than others. One Wee Gun Loader in particular took ages, and could kill me in a few shots. Also didn't help that at one point when I went into FFYL but thought I could still kill him in time, he ghostwalked through the door into Bloodwing's place. Little f*cker.

The jet loader are a pain if they manage to take off :mad:

The butcher can be like a close range assault rifle, it's rate of fire is insane, add to that it's random and usually massive for a shot gun clip size that changes everytime you reload and i think it regenerates ammo too. Not to be over looked especially if you were lucky enough to have one drop with the vertical grip (x5 pellet count if it has) it's pretty close to being an infinity shot gun. Pair it with the bee and slagga to see if it does any good , I haven't played around with it much myself.

calex71 wrote: »
    The jet loader are a pain if they manage to take off :mad:

The butcher can be like a close range assault rifle, it's rate of fire is insane, add to that it's random and usually massive for a shot gun clip size that changes everytime you reload and i think it regenerates ammo too. Not to be over looked especially if you were lucky enough to have one drop with the vertical grip (x5 pellet count if it has) it's pretty close to being an infinity shot gun. Pair it with the bee and slagga to see if it does any good , I haven't played around with it much myself.

Throwing nothing away yet. In fact, I should probably clean out my bank vault. Full of Lvl50 etechs and the crappy legendaries.

Good run of things this evening. Homing Pandemic grenade, pitchfork sniper rifle, barbed striker shotgun and pearlescent Deep a Tunguska rocket launcher (all Lvl58s, and last loot midget got me up to Lvl59). Can't complain with that.

Throwing nothing away yet. In fact, I should probably clean out my bank vault. Full of Lvl50 etechs and the crappy legendaries.

Good run of things this evening. Homing Pandemic grenade, pitchfork sniper rifle, barbed striker shotgun and pearlescent Deep a Tunguska rocket launcher (all Lvl58s, and last loot midget got me up to Lvl59). Can't complain with that.

you on xbox??

Arawn wrote: »
    you on xbox??

Nah, PS3.

That pitchfork was my favourite sniper rifle in the game, are they always shock or did you get another element?

The pandemic was invaluable to me in TVHM against loaders, I used to use the slagga to spray then and lob just one in.

Unfortunately the way uvhm plays and makes me play, I've stubbornly come to realise that 99% of the stuff I have ...... 5 characters now and their vaults and back backs upgraded by farming the warrior for eridium ..... are now totally useless and in effect all just trophies because of how I'm being made play.

The need for slag and insanely high dps even for once trivial mobs now makes anything less than a DP Harold /Slagga combo next to useless. I'm even using a blue slag singularity grenade mod simply to mob manage :mad:

Might be time for me to look at getting Defiance but various things Ii hear about that put me off ..... thats for another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

has the most recent update upped the drop rates at all? I've begun again and at level 16 alreay picked up two orange, 10+ decent blues and a half dozen pruples.
    Got a lvl 14 hellfire, man I love that gun so much

the hammerlock DLC won't work though, downloaded it twice now and it never seems to get to the end... I'll have to wait until next month to do it again cos at a gig at a time it's a bit unfriendly to my limit.

Haven't gone back to the other modes with my lover level characters, but I didn't notice any increased drops in my UVHM play.

Can't stay away from this ..... my excuse is I'm filling the gap between now and dead island.

Finally have a build and set up that I can use to solo hyperious with relative ease, my mistake was standing too close to him on the out set, how many runs have done and never noticed his shield reflects bullets????? :o

Any way he drop the retcher or evolution got a norfleet and yeah thats about it in god knows how many runs, so out of all the farming runs in the game it comes down to the easiest being the best for loot, Pete and the midgets.

They both in my experience have a higher drop rate and a more varied deeper pool than any other raid boss / loot source,

Aye, went back to this last night after a weekend of playing Injustice.

Did the three main Lynchwood missions which brought me up to level 61. Looking for the Sheriffs badge but she hasn't dropped it yet. Also killed Hunter Hellquist a few times for the Bee but nothing yet.

Not looking forward to having to do all the DLC again. Particularly Cpt.Scarlett. Though I am tempted to start doing the treasure room glitch. F*ck it, I've earned it! It's not cheating if you've already completed everything.

Holy sh*t. Saw on Reddit that they've Hotfixed the loot midgets in the WEP. People saying when online, no loot midgets. Offline, 3 or 4 loot midgets.

They pick really stupid things to fix sometimes. In Lynchwood last night I got killed by a train because I was in the room over the train tracks.

They'll likely fix the treasure room soon too. I better stay offline and hurry up and do that DLC so I can do a few runs at it.

Thousand Cuts farming method still works as far as I know.

Holy sh*t. Saw on Reddit that they've Hotfixed the loot midgets in the WEP. People saying when online, no loot midgets. Offline, 3 or 4 loot midgets.

They pick really stupid things to fix sometimes. In Lynchwood last night I got killed by a train because I was in the room over the train tracks.

They'll likely fix the treasure room soon too. I better stay offline and hurry up and do that DLC so I can do a few runs at it.

Thousand Cuts farming method still works as far as I know.

FFS of all the things they could have "fixed" :mad:

FFS of all the things they could have "fixed" :mad:

Exactly. It's not like farming the moonshot with the Warrior or anything, you could do 10 runs of the WEP and still get no legendary. And you still have to fight your way to the loot midgets anyway so it's not exactly easy.

If their small randomised system of spawning midgets which then only have a small randomised chance of dropping a legendary/pearlescent wasn't so small and random, people wouldn't feel the need to farm these things. Legendaries don't always make the game more easy, but they do make it more fun.

Exactly. It's not like farming the moonshot with the Warrior or anything, you could do 10 runs of the WEP and still get no legendary. And you still have to fight your way to the loot midgets anyway so it's not exactly easy.

If their small randomised system of spawning midgets which then only have a small randomised chance of dropping a legendary/pearlescent wasn't so small and random, people wouldn't feel the need to farm these things. Legendaries don't always make the game more easy, but they do make it more fun.

Exactly, like I said earlier in the thread I was using Harolds which can be bought. Reading the GB forums there seems to be a consensus that the "nerfing" of the midgets was not exactly intentional so there may be so hope yet.

Also, now that I'm level 61 I'm going to do some of the side missions for good guns. Did the Law and Order ones. Want to do the Rakkaholics Anonymous one to get the Rubi, but how do you make sure you get a Slag one? Do you turn it in to Moxxi but hard-quit the game before it saves if it's not Slag, then reload and turn in the mission to her again (and again until it's a Slag one)?

Also, now that I'm level 61 I'm going to do some of the side missions for good guns. Did the Law and Order ones. Want to do the Rakkaholics Anonymous one to get the Rubi, but how do you make sure you get a Slag one? Do you turn it in to Moxxi but hard-quit the game before it saves if it's not Slag, then reload and turn in the mission to her again (and again until it's a Slag one)?

Thats exactly it, I did the same for the assault rife and the good/bad touch actually no I didn't , I realise now that I type it that I did all those with 2 controllers signed in so as to double up on them, but deffo hard quit if its not slag and turn it in again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Exactly, like I said earlier in the thread I was using Harolds which can be bought. Reading the GB forums there seems to be a consensus that the "nerfing" of the midgets was not exactly intentional so there may be so hope yet.

I'm on Xbox and have my zerker saved on cloud storage. Am I screwed with trying to avoid the hot fix update?
    Wouldn't you know that I only got to WEP last night thinking I'd do a few runs with my level 55:mad:

Scrap that, just seen what I need to do

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Love it!

ellie_borderlands_2_cosplay.jpg?resize=500%2C747

Thats exactly it, I did the same for the assault rife and the good/bad touch actually no I didn't , I realise now that I type it that I did all those with 2 controllers signed in so as to double up on them, but deffo hard quit if its not slag and turn it in again

Yeah, got it after about 5-6 tries. Also got the Sheriff's Badge on my second try last night (though it's not a great version of it so might go back to her again and try and get a better one in the future). Still no Bee from Hellquist though.

Might start joining random games online and see if anyone's throwing out legendaries. That's how I found most of the legendaries I got when playing as Axton (and then transferred most of them over to Salvador once I got him to Lvl50)

what were the stats on the badge? I can only seem to get lvl 59 to drop might have accepted the quest too early perhaps but I got a lvl 61 from someone that was only a tiny bit better, think its 22.6 26, 24 or close enough I would have expected it's stats to by very near 30% no idea what it's max stats are at lvl 61 though.

It was about 19.5% damage and maybe 44% fire rate. I was level 61 but the relic she dropped was 59. I don't think it matters what level relics are, they'll always be within certain ranges anyway. I just got one in the low range.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

haven't done much co-op on this and planning to do more but interested to know what the etiquette is in grabbing legendary loot after a kill?

GK1001 wrote: »
    haven't done much co-op on this and planning to do more but interested to know what the etiquette is in grabbing legendary loot after a kill?

What I try to do is grab it first (if you won't, someone else will. They'll grab it without even checking what it is just in case it's something they want though they might toss it back out if they already have it/don't want it), but then offer to dupe for anyone who wants it (they might give out or start trying to shoot you even though it doesn't hurt). Send them a message saying what it is and offering to dupe in a private game (you could even throw out some other legendaries you have). You never know, they could offer to dupe some stuff for you in return

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

fidsta is my gt on xbox if anyones looking to do co-op

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CB53J-FZFKB-5W5KB-ZJCTB-B5S5T [Active through Apr. 29]

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: WT5JJ-BHC95-33HJR-W6TJ3-B5WKS [Active through Apr. 29]

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CTKTJ-WHSKC-Z56BJ-BTB3B-9C6FT [Active through Apr. 29]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

PC / Mac: WT533-J99WW-ZC6JJ-TBJT3-SWKTB
    Xbox 360: KBWJT-5SKSK-BBZBR-56JJ3-5KHB9
    PlayStation 3: KTCBJ-ZZRCJ-W5WCT-ZB5BJ-BKKJK

These were on FB, active until the 29th too.

Advertisement