Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Have an 863 rifle that holds 24 bullets and fires rockets so i disagree, tears tru Badass Loaders in seconds :D

Maybe I'm just not there yet (Level 23, just met
    The Slab King
    ). Most powerful rifle I have is about 520 but fires rockets (4 ammo per shot and 24 magazine size so really 6 shots) and is pretty slow to both shoot and reload. Accuracy is pretty terrible on it too.

Have an amazing 143x13 shotgun which tears through pretty much anything up close. Only 3 shots, and even uses 2 shots per round (so you get a full shot, then a half shot before needing to reload), but goddamn it makes short work of pretty much everything. Plus a 350 pistol with great fire rate.

Also, I hate finding a brilliant sniper rifle and finding out it's a Dahl with burst fire when zoomed. Get a headshot, and then because of recoil, 4 shots go flying off into nowhere wasting ammo.

Man, the level of weaponry in this game is something serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

For all the Tiny Tina fans in the thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Anyone know if there's a hidden awesome loot chest like in rust commons west (?) in borderlands 1 when you had to go off the map to find it?

I did find a hole in the world when i was looking for tina's place, no chests, just an infinite fall through the world until the game crashes or you exit and reload.

If you want to see for yourself, it's about 5 meters to right of the painted bunny at tina's place (where ye do the tea party) hug the wall and you'll see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've done the Tiny Tina missions 3 times, now. Her quips are not as fun the 2nd time. And 3rd time...going high pitch on the last word, with white gurl hip-hop-isms just made me think of Juno. I like that she's bat-sh1t crazy, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone know if there's a hidden awesome loot chest like in rust commons west (?) in borderlands 1 when you had to go off the map to find it?

There are a few yeah. I don't think any can be classified as Developers chests like the one in Borderlands, but you might find some good stuff. For example, there is a secret chest outside Buzzards Lair in the Tundra Express.

Check youtube for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

^ First stop is there, this evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thought I had the challenges wrapped up for the achievement to have all of them at least level 1, took me ages to get J3Nk1n5 to spawn then once he did no achievement. :mad:

Once I did some googling I discovered that you need to get several of the challenges to level 5 to get others to unlock and show up...... off now to kill 750 goons at pointblank range with my shotgun.

Not gonna go near them challenges until I have near exhausted the game playing through loads of characters.

Hopefully then, there will only be a few left to get.

Anyone come across the hilarious
    Shoot This Guy in the Face
    mission?

This game is absolutely massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyone come across the hilarious
    Shoot This Guy in the Face
    mission?

This game is absolutely massive!

Just last night.
    His name was Face McShooty.... genius.

It's the little things in this game which are so hilarious. I remember when you first get the gun in Claptraps place, the text box comes up and says something like "Congratulations! You just walked 5ft and picked up a gun. Later when you're battling monsters the size of a skyscraper, you'll look back at this moment and think 'Heh'." :D

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Just last night.
    His name was Face McShooty.... genius.

It's the little things in this game which are so hilarious. I remember when you first get the gun in Claptraps place, the text box comes up and says something like "Congratulations! You just walked 5ft and picked up a gun. Later when you're battling monsters the size of a skyscraper, you'll look back at this moment and think 'Heh'." :D

Love the achievement you get for it
    Well, that was easy

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Greenmangaming has the season pass for 22 quid if you use GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN at the checkout if anyone's looking for cheaper. Works for the full game too I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh my God if Tannis asks you in sanctuary to run round the town and collect the tapes where she talks about her torture do it, I was crying laughing at it, everything she says makes me laugh but her talking about the
    ceiling chairs
    was classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Starting playing this the other day.

Having never played 1 I didn't know what to expect but have to say I'm surprised at how good it is. It's also providing a great challenge at times.

I love the style and music.

Anyone who likes fps and is not sure about this get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Finished my first play through last night and cleared all the side missions aside from the final round of hyperion slaughter house and the lvl 50 impossible difficulty boss. Took me about 45 hrs all in.

Just spent most of tonight clearing off badass challenges and started true vault hunter mode. I have to say this is very close to one of my favorite games of all time. The world, the writing, the characters, the action, the size... it has the lot. Its original, its funny , its huge and its action packed.

Finding true vault hunter mode a little hit and miss difficulty wise though, the standard bullymongs Im destroying in seconds but then came across a new type one that took a lot of work? Will need more time with it to see how it goes.

Have some real nice gear though, shields up at 8000 right now, jacobs pistol that does 1500 damage, launcher that does 20,000 dmg and a sniper that does 2500 dmg. Shotgun is weak at 550x11 though. The loot in true valut mode is savage though.... mmmmmm....looooooot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

hightower1 wrote: »
    Finished my first play through last night and cleared all the side missions aside from the final round of hyperion slaughter house and the lvl 50 impossible difficulty boss. Took me about 45 hrs all in.

Just spent most of tonight clearing off badass challenges and started true vault hunter mode. I have to say this is very close to one of my favorite games of all time. The world, the writing, the characters, the action, the size... it has the lot. Its original, its funny , its huge and its action packed.

Finding true vault hunter mode a little hit and miss difficulty wise though, the standard bullymongs Im destroying in seconds but then came across a new type one that took a lot of work? Will need more time with it to see how it goes.

Have some real nice gear though, shields up at 8000 right now, jacobs pistol that does 1500 damage, launcher that does 20,000 dmg and a sniper that does 2500 dmg. Shotgun is weak at 550x11 though. The loot in true valut mode is savage though.... mmmmmm....looooooot

I found it a bit step up in difficulty even after finishing play one at level 36, I'd already replaced most of my gear which was owning enemies in play 1 before I got to sanctuary in play 2. Non human enemies are cake but bandits that now have shields and armor and resistances are proving very costly from the amount of respawns I've had :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh my God if Tannis asks you in sanctuary to run round the town and collect the tapes where she talks about her torture do it, I was crying laughing at it, everything she says makes me laugh but her talking about the
    ceiling chairs
    was classic.

That mission came up as IMPOSSIBLE for me, yet at my level and the easiest mission in a while.
    I guess the hard part was supposed to be listening to her complain on the tapes
    . Funny mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Penn wrote: »
    Anyone else think the assault rifles are a bit crap in the game? All the ones I've found so far are either weak, or are very powerful but use 4 ammo per shot and have really small magazine sizes. I usually use sniper rifles or SMG (corrosive usually) for far to medium range targets, and shotgun or pistol up close.

I was gettin gto think that, the uses more than one round per shot is really annoying. But then I found the Jacobs rifle with the alloy wheel clip and been using it for about 10 levels now and just picked up a stunningly good purple explosive rifle. Going from nearly an entire clip to kill those rat things in The Fridge to two shots :D:D:D
    Headshot wrote: »
    what lvl were ya?
    18 or 20, but they were terrible, the green shields I had were better

Also managed to have infinite ammo for a while after getting the first gun off moxxi, I died and it fixed itself though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Got a chance to play a bit last night and hit level 20.

Decided to use my Golden Key and got a class mod for a Gunzerker and an Assasin. I'm playing as Maya! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Big Knox wrote: »
    Got a chance to play a bit last night and hit level 20.

Decided to use my Golden Key and got a class mod for a Gunzerker and an Assasin. I'm playing as Maya! :(

Store it in claptraps stash and pick it up when you go through again with a gunzerker or assassin. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I normally despise snipers but I'm having a lot of fun getting critical headshots:D

anyone hearing the thugs humming the classical piece of music called the nutcracker?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I normally despise snipers but I'm having a lot of fun getting critical headshots:D

anyone hearing the thugs humming the classical piece of music called the nutcracker?:eek:

I heard one shouting it out when i was bouncing through a base :D

/edit as mr freeze put it below it was the guys in the buzzards roaring ride of the valkyries

No, but heard the guys in the buzzards, roaring Ride of the Valkyries.

Got a good kick out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gunzerkers killing song when hes in Gunzerker mode is hilarious.

Got the iron sights Bison rifle last night, its a sniper rifle without the scope and bolt action. 2300 damage. Tbh considering who i got it from i earned it, damn that was hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm only level 15, but really enjoying this. I haven't had this much fun in a game in a long time. This is shoulders above the 1st one (which was great).

Got the iron sights Bison rifle last night, its a sniper rifle without the scope and bolt action. 2300 damage. Tbh considering who i got it from i earned it, damn that was hard!
    I remember one of the sniper rifles I used for multiple levels in Borderlands 1 was a no-scope-only-ironsights model aswell, was gutted when I gave it up, I think it actually made me a better shooter in games like CoD4 etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Thargor wrote: »
    I remember one of the sniper rifles I used for multiple levels in Borderlands 1 was a no-scope-only-ironsights model aswell, was gutted when I gave it up, I think it actually made me a better shooter in games like CoD4 etc :D

Whittings Elephant Gun? I loved that motherf*cker.

Lvl_48_elephantgun.png

Just so satisfying to headshot with. Almost a shotgun power in rifle form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Did the same quest last night. My first tactic of hiding in the lift was a catastrophic failure :/ The other three times I died, I was hiding behind the rocks, thinking they were safe... Cost me a fortune, about 20000+ The gun is definitely a worthwhile reward though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Did the same quest last night. My first tactic of hiding in the lift was a catastrophic failure :/ The other three times I died, I was hiding behind the rocks, thinking they were safe... Cost me a fortune, about 20000+ The gun is definitely a worthwhile reward though.

Dont want to say what i did cos it was cheap :D

But involved a Turret with rockets and running a lot :D

• Advertisement

When you see people mentioning guns like that, are they guaranteed drops that you get for certain missions or is it all randomised?

Advertisement