Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well I'm nowhere near finishing the game, I'd be very disappoint if spoilers stopped being used. I'm alternating my play between a gunzerker (solo) and commando (co-op with friends) so it's taking me twice as long as usual :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Funniest line in the game is right at the end
    Claptraps speech about how he was going to kill Jack and he was unstoppable
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Really could have gone my life without having to listen to Claptrap or Tiny Tina. Don't get how either of them is funny, purposefully annoying is still annoying. If I have to hear claptrap talking about his dubstep again. At least Tiny Tina only in it for a bit a has a few good lines but claptrap is just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Hawke wrote: »
    Really could have gone my life without having to listen to Claptrap or Tiny Tina. Don't get how either of them is funny, purposefully annoying is still annoying. If I have to hear claptrap talking about his dubstep again. At least Tiny Tina only in it for a bit a has a few good lines but claptrap is just awful.

Up until you reach sanctuary claptrap is annoying as hell, thankfully you go do missions without him after that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Where are you guys finding out about these keys? Twitter and the likes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Pyr0 wrote: »

Aint been on boards all weekend, but was watching twitter. Randy Pitchford was posting one or 2 a day.

Think they might be coming from the Gearbox twitter from now on, his codes seem like a stress test on their Shift System or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Pyr0 wrote: »

the internet bro, the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

At least ye can understand what claptrap is saying, when i was doing stuff for tina i hadnt got a notion wtf she was on about, the
    tea party
    was fun though :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think Tiny Tina may be my favourite NPC that I've met so far :D I love her version of "I'm a little tea-pot".

Denny M wrote: »
    I think Tiny Tina may be my favourite NPC that I've met so far :D I love her version of "I'm a little tea-pot".

She has a poem later in the game that beats that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Anyone want to post up their Gunzerker builds? I'm only a lvl 12 at the moment and soloing and am relatively undecided. Have put all my points so far into Gunlust but thinking of spreading it between that and Rampage. Not planning on putting much into Brawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

GK1001 wrote: »
    Anyone want to post up their Gunzerker builds? I'm only a lvl 12 at the moment and soloing and am relatively undecided. Have put all my points so far into Gunlust but thinking of spreading it between that and Rampage. Not planning on putting much into Brawn.

Here is what I plan to use for PT1 and TVHM: http://www.bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#000000000005005510200050055105051

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Denny M wrote: »

Funny alright, but kinda sad as well when you find out her backstory.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Funny alright, but kinda sad as well when you find out her backstory.
    Is that during the Tea-Party with Flesh Stick I think it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Deleted my lvl 21 Gunzerker, by accident. Still have him at level 14, but he was a beast. Now he's... not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

GK1001 wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is what I have so far. Current goal is to unlock Auto-Loader from the Gunlust tree. Not sure where I'm gona go from there though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Would you recommend this to someone who has never played the Original Borderlands?

Im in search of a new game and this has received some great reviews,im thinking about buying it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Would you recommend this to someone who has never played the Original Borderlands?

Im in search of a new game and this has received some great reviews,im thinking about buying it tonight.

If you love FPS, RPG, great story, excellent NPC's, genuine laugh out loud moments, a game as long as you want to make it, and a crazy amount of replayability, then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Loving this but the one thing Ill say that Borderlands 1 did better was the pacing of the missions, very rarely would you end up doing Tedious-level missions, in this I have about 20 active missions and 14 of them are tedious, Im not grinding with my character either, Im just doing them as they come but a load of the side missions I just cant be bothered trekking through places Ive already been just to 1-shot a boss with my sniper rifle and have to trek back to Sanctuary to collect some useless pistol as a reward, Im too overpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just picked it up. One thing that bothered me about the first one was that if you played online, it would fill up your quest log with all the quests the host had, which was a pain as you couldn't delete them and some of most of them would be trivial and/or well ahead of your level. Is it the same online with 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

God damn I love this game. In late from work so was only going to do a quick mission, went to find
    Scooter's girlfriend
    , finished that and the door opened behind her. So I decided to do a little exploring. Worked my way through the
    Rakk Caves
    and who do I bump into,
    Rakkman
    ! Then on the way back I notice another alcove where there I spot an odd number of beds surrounding a chest, seconds later I'm attacked by
    Laney White and the Seven Dwarves
    . :D

Course now it's 2:30am and my quick mission ended up being 2hrs... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Opened key chest the other day, two purple yet shiite shields... what a waste of a key :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,856 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Opened key chest the other day, two purple yet shiite shields... what a waste of a key :(

what lvl were ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Headshot wrote: »

what lvl were ya?
    Don't matter at lvl 50 i got two ****e pistols

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

In regards to the golden chest can you not level the hell out of yourself and then go join a co-op with friends online and then open it? or does the better loot with more people not apply to this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I used one of my keys at level 20 and got 2 purple class mods. I wanted a big gun.

Found an Echo recorder last night in Sanctuary which gave me a mission to find a gun so I ended up in Lynchwood. Holy sh*t that place is hard. Had to abandon the mission because I'm just not at that level yet. Did pick up some great guns there though which I can't use until I level up a bit more, but should really help.

Anyone else think the assault rifles are a bit crap in the game? All the ones I've found so far are either weak, or are very powerful but use 4 ammo per shot and have really small magazine sizes. I usually use sniper rifles or SMG (corrosive usually) for far to medium range targets, and shotgun or pistol up close.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Used 2 keys yesterday, and got two grenade mods (one of which does a ton of damage and spawns 10 extra grenades) from the first and then an smg and shotgun from the 2nd. The two guns, which i would normally never use (always use snipers and assault rifles) are insanely powerful.

Will hang onto the other 2 keys i have until lvl20 (or until i get more).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Anyone know if there's a hidden awesome loot chest like in rust commons west (?) in borderlands 1 when you had to go off the map to find it?

Just picked it up. One thing that bothered me about the first one was that if you played online, it would fill up your quest log with all the quests the host had, which was a pain as you couldn't delete them and some of most of them would be trivial and/or well ahead of your level. Is it the same online with 2?

Nope you get the hosts missions and only his, you can start missions for him but when you go back to your game its where you left off. Quite a handy feature tbh

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »

Anyone else think the assault rifles are a bit crap in the game? All the ones I've found so far are either weak, or are very powerful but use 4 ammo per shot and have really small magazine sizes. I usually use sniper rifles or SMG (corrosive usually) for far to medium range targets, and shotgun or pistol up close.

Have an 863 rifle that holds 24 bullets and fires rockets so i disagree, tears tru Badass Loaders in seconds :D

Advertisement