Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

I'll head along, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

It's £2 in and winners get the pot. There's also a separate picture round with a bottle of wine for the winners. Then it's £2 for the raffle. Winner of that has to pick one of 10 envelopes. In one of the envelopes is the £1700/1800 cash prize, other nine envelopes have dinner for two.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'll join ye too. Oscar Quiztorius themed team name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I'll have to give it a miss... Still cooking dinner ATM :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Anyone up for the Earl Derby quiz tomorrow evening?

• Advertisement

Yep. Possibly x 2

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Yep, with bells on!

Anyone on for the Earl Derby quiz tomorrow?

Anyone fancy Black Lion West Hampstead on Sunday?

83ste wrote: »
    Anyone fancy Black Lion West Hampstead on Sunday?

I think we were going to do Tuesday this week

• Advertisement

Yeah, we'll be there on Tuesday but can't make tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is the Sunday night quiz that you guys do part of the group that use the same set of questions?

Handout with around 30 visual questions? Music round with songs from 60s - 2010s? Final bonus question?

I've been to one or two of those down South recently and I'd like to make it regular occurrence.

Going to try rally up a SW quiz team again as there's plenty of spots down here that do it every Sunday.

People still on for tonight?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

People still on for tonight?

Jack B. Badd and I will be along.

Me too.

Mise freisin
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    Is the Sunday night quiz that you guys do part of the group that use the same set of questions?

Handout with around 30 visual questions? Music round with songs from 60s - 2010s? Final bonus question?

I've been to one or two of those down South recently and I'd like to make it regular occurrence.

Going to try rally up a SW quiz team again as there's plenty of spots down here that do it every Sunday.

I don't think so. The pub/quizmaster sets the questions at ours, but the format does seem similar apart from the final bonus question. You're more than welcome up north if you ever fancy the trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Gonna head a long tonight!

Misticles wrote: »
    Gonna head a long tonight!

Not sure that anyone else is - tube strike starts tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Not sure that anyone else is - tube strike starts tonight.

I was going with some friends. Quiz guy never turned up and then missed the last train back :( took me ages to get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Is The Alliance quiz still on a Thursday? And if so is anyone up for it this evening?

I'd like to grab at least one quiz before I start globetrotting again next week

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in some Sunday quizzing at the Black Lion West Hampstead this week?

Yep, count me in :)

Me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Slightly late notice (as always) but is anyone up for a spot of quizzing on this lovely Sunday evening?

Reekwind wrote: »
    Slightly late notice (as always) but is anyone up for a spot of quizzing on this lovely Sunday evening?

Don't think I can make it today as I'm flying back from Cork later. But I wouldn't mind doing the Earl Derby quiz on Tuesday if it's still going

I'm up for the Earl Derby on Tuesday :-)

Me too. You're about to lose me for the next month due to the World Cup (Don't judge me, you don't seem to mind when it proves useful in sports rounds!!) so it'd be good to have one last quiz before then.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Me too. You're about to lose me for the next month due to the World Cup (Don't judge me, you don't seem to mind when it proves useful in sports rounds!!) so it'd be good to have one last quiz before then.

I'll judge you from here to kingdom come :P

(PS, that thing I mentioned about "football = archaeology" is here, if you haven't already seen it)

RIP Rik Mayall

On the plus side, it'd be a travesty to not use 'Drop Dead Rik' as our team name tomorrow night. It's what he would've wanted.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have time to learn all the key signatures before this evening?

Advertisement