Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Not one (*cough*"Seduced by Nissan"*cough*), not two (*cough*"fwend"*cough*) but three(*cough*"still at work"*cough*) betrayals?!

I'm calling this week a wash. We shall rally our forces for next week and lull the opposition into a false sense of security!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

yeah sorry guys and gals. Wouldn't have been able to make this one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Did ye win?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Did ye win?

I don't think anyone went in the end. (See Youtube links littered throughout my previous post :D)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Aw, we'll back in action again next week and hopefully Gareth will be back too.

I'm allowed have other fwends btw!

/throws toys out of pram

;)

• Advertisement

I'm allowed have other fwends btw!

/throws toys out of pram

;)

What liar told you that? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Yes, yes, I'm suitably ashamed at my non-appearance. Luckily I'm around next week... if the quiz is on on a bank holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Any Boards team doing the South West quiz circuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Wouldn't mind giving one a go if there's interest on SW. I'm no quizzie (yes I just made up that word) but would like to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I'm South West as well and would definitely be up for finding a quiz team! I used to have a regular one when I lived in Ealing but haven't managed to get to anything regularly here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I'd be up for it too .. There is one on Sunday nights in the Windmill pub in Clapham I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

So is there anything on tonight?

(It is Monday, right?)

I'll be there tonight, I assume the quiz is on in the NLT

I'll be there tonight, I assume the quiz is on in the NLT

Was it on? If so, how did ye do? And more importantly, was Gareth back? (So much for my High Horse last week - myself and Jack B. Badd missed it last night...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Any quiz goers out East? There's a weekly Monday night quiz that has started up in the local pub the Red Lion in Leytonstone, and I'd been keen on going if there was a few more interested...

Boards quiz teams taking on the London quiz scene bit by bit!:D

Fysh wrote: »
    Was it on? If so, how did ye do? And more importantly, was Gareth back? (So much for my High Horse last week - myself and Jack B. Badd missed it last night...)

I'm thinking of saving the story for next Monday night so that ye have to come along ;)

I'm thinking of saving the story for next Monday night so that ye have to come along ;)

"So, the other day..." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Well it looks like there's a bit of interest in a SW team.

Not sure how up to date this list is but it gives a general idea of the amount of quizzes each week. Plenty to chose from though it's a shame you can't filter by area.

http://quizlist.com/london-quizzes/

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Well it looks like there's a bit of interest in a SW team.

Not sure how up to date this list is but it gives a general idea of the amount of quizzes each week. Plenty to chose from though it's a shame you can't filter by area.

http://quizlist.com/london-quizzes/

I'm heading to one in The Old Red Lion in Kennington tonight...will report back on quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Roll call for NLT tonight? I'm ready to make my triumphant return the week after there was a round all about cars...

• Advertisement

serrity wrote: »
    Roll call for NLT tonight? I'm ready to make my triumphant return the week after there was a round all about cars...

Myself and Jack B. Badd are ready to return as well.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I’m in! I haven’t seen Gareth in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Our housemate-hunting saga trundles on into it's second month (seriously, there's a book in this story somewhere or, at worst, an R Kelly-style Hip Hop-era) so I'm going to have to bail AGAIN.

Will be back to give out to Gareth for getting something wrong soon, I promise... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Who's in for tonight? :)

Moi

Who's in for tonight? :)

This better mean that we can once again offer answers for sports-related questions (ie you're coming back).

Jack B. Badd & I shall be there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

No quiz for me today, trawling for flatmates :( Hopefully I will survive the week and will be back next Monday!

Quiz tonight. Team name suggestions? Perhaps unsurprisingly, I'm leaning towards "MOON NAZIS ARE COMING!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Fysh wrote: »
    Quiz tonight. Team name suggestions? Perhaps unsurprisingly, I'm leaning towards "MOON NAZIS ARE COMING!" :D

I was thinking just simply 'The Moon Nazis'.

• Advertisement

Has the SW quiz team started up yet? Keep us all posted!!

Advertisement