Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I'l be there, and have no objections to the team names provided half of our opponents aren't German (or from the moon)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I spent the weekend enjoying the sunshine instead of packing all my stuff, so regrettably I will not be joining you this evening - totally my own fault!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Who's in for the quiz tonight? "No-one expects the Gareth In-quiz-ition!" is my feeble offering for a team name this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Fysh wrote: »
    Who's in for the quiz tonight? "No-one expects the Gareth In-quiz-ition!" is my feeble offering for a team name this week...

That's actually better than expected... 10-to-1 it'll be the alternative quizmaster if we go with that.

Thought there was no quiz due to some football tournament or other?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Thought there was no quiz due to some football tournament or other?

Hmm, interesting point. I'll ring them and check.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

How about some Croatian inspired pun? /Iwentthere

How about some Croatian inspired pun? /Iwentthere

How about we keep an eye on how the England-France game goes and pick a suitably mean pun based on that if France win?

Just rang 'em and they said the quiz is on as normal after the match. Hopefully England'll lose so the supporters will be glum and shove off downstairs swiftly :D

I'll be there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

hey where is your quiz night based i might go :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

North London Tavern, Kilburn

Who's in tonight? The only thing I can think of team-name-wise is the pretty rubbish Quizteria Lane Desperadoes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Much of a turnout last week then? And who's up for tonight?

serrity wrote: »
    Much of a turnout last week then? And who's up for tonight?

Only three of us last week, though we still managed a top 3 placement. Myself and JBB are in for tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Only three of us last week, though we still managed a top 3 placement. Myself and JBB are in for tonight :)

I think I'm more of a "maybe". Blasted hayfever is driving me mad today :-s

After missing the last few for 'purely footballing reasons', I'll be there tonight. :)

After missing the last few for 'purely footballing reasons', I'll be there tonight. :)

I find it highly suspect that your return coincides with England's departure from the tournament. Who is it you've been supporting these past few weeks? ;)

I find it highly suspect that your return coincides with England's departure from the tournament. Who is it you've been supporting these past few weeks? ;)

I think you'll find this is also the first quiz night since Ireland were formally knocked out and the first Monday Rest Day, so it's nothing more than a coincidence. Now if you'll excuse me I've some St George's Cross bunting to remove from the front of my house...

So, Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes-related team name tonight?

• Advertisement

What? She finally saw sense and ditched that crazy sofa-jumping midget?

I bet everyone else's team names will be about the football again, so I'm all for it

No attendance for JBB or myself tonight, I'm afraid - we'll be otherwise engaged...

I should be there but won't be as early as usual - have to pop into a function after work, down some free wine and canapes and then I'll be with ye ;)

serrity, you're not coming this week are you? Will it just be me until silvervixen arrives?

Scarinae wrote: »
    serrity, you're not coming this week are you? Will it just be me until silvervixen arrives?

No, I'll be there tonight.

I'll be there too.

I've been in the gym all week just in case there's any more arm wrestling...

I’m going to have to bail I’m afraid, I’ve just been dumped with doing an interview tomorrow morning so I have to prepare for it. Nothing like learning about an entirely new topic at stupidly short notice :mad:

I'm here early after all, no wine & canapés as boss was too busy to go so I didn't go either :( Winning the quiz would make up for it though :)

Another top 3 finish, but our arm-wrestling champ got duly rewarded for last week's efforts!

Did the south quiz team ever get up and running? If so, let us know how you're getting on :)

• Advertisement

Quizzers tonight? This Twitter account should keep us supplied with team names for quite some time: https://twitter.com/AntiJokeApple

Advertisement