Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I'll probably be there. If I can get off my ass in the next half hour that is...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

For team name our template tonight is 'When I'm not getting this team's score wrong I'm...'
    :D

No quiz/grovelling apology for me this week, alas, I'll see you at the beers at the weekend though!

Apologies all for my absence. I was waylaid by by housemate as I was leaving the house and he insisted on plying me with drink for the evening. The bastard

Who is up for the quiz today? I know that Fysh and Jack B Badd can't make it this week

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

I'm keeping an eye on the Jubilee line. As long as it's running okay for most of today, I should be there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Have a bit of a cold but I'll be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

What time is it on and how long does it go on until?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

It's supposed to start at 8 but these days its more like 8.30 and it's usually finished by 11. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Not suffering too much from Superbowl hangover so will make it tonight, see ye in a bit

fluke wrote: »
    What time is it on and how long does it go on until?

afraid i won't be able to make it tonight. third time lucky next Monday all going well

• Advertisement

40c3e407-c70f-44f9-bb6b-afeb14f37407

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I take it there was no 6th place this week then? :D

We were 13 points ahead of the team that came 2nd :) Mainly due to a combination of Harry Potter, Junior Cert History and Shirley's encyclopaedic music knowledge

Quiz tomorrow?

Quiz tomorrow?

Indubitably.

I hope to be making an appearance. I am travelling tomorrow but I should be back for it

Preliminary team name suggestion: "Dammit Kevin Costner, you had ONE job to do and you ****ed it up."

serrity wrote: »
    Preliminary team name suggestion: "Dammit Kevin Costner, you had ONE job to do and you ****ed it up."

Seconded

I heard this one yesterday: she died like she lived - holding a note

• Advertisement

Houston, we have a problem?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Fishie wrote: »
    Houston, we have a problem?

Strictly speaking, not any more we don't...

Sorry I didn't make it tonight, how did ye get on?

Sorry I didn't make it tonight, how did ye get on?

Ditto. Although in my semi-comatose state, I suspect all I would have contributed is a second game of Buckaroo.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

We came second, 4 points behind that Oxford lot. Best team name of the night was blatantly "Was it Barrymore's bath?" :D with an honourable mention to "Whitney Houston remake to be titled The Bodybag" .

Fysh, you've still got the Jan/Feb beers in your sig!

I won't be at the quiz next week as I'll be in Kraków dying of cold (it'll seem positively tropical when I get back to London) I've discovered that the Polish equivalent of Pancake Tuesday is 'Sledziowka' which means 'Herring day'. No pancakes for me! :(

Who else is on for the quiz tonight?

I can't think of any timely team names, and the only non-news-related one I can come up with is the frankly rubbish Quizatz Haderach :o

Edited to add:

Never mind -I vote for "Dereck Quizora's left fist" or something along those lines :D

I'll be there as usual

Fysh wrote: »
    Who else is on for the quiz tonight?

I can't think of any timely team names, and the only non-news-related one I can come up with is the frankly rubbish Quizatz Haderach :o

Edited to add:

Never mind -I vote for "Dereck Quizora's left fist" or something along those lines :D

I'll be making it tonight!

• Advertisement

I'll be there and my OH may be coming too

Advertisement