Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Movie Fest - New Cinema Event for Dublin

16791112

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 36 ✭✭✭ anonjoe555


    anyone selling tickets for sunday?


  • Registered Users Posts: 782 Cunning Alias


    My GF found these from last year

    Quote:MYSTERY SCREENING - ONE
    We will be showing a highly anticipated movie - not yet in Irish cinemas. This surprise film is tipped for Oscars and is set to be one of the best movies of 2011. Don't Miss it.

    Quote:MYSTERY SCREENING - TWO
    Another mystery screening - this movie has one of the most exciting trailers we've seen this year and looks set to be a roller-coaster ride from start to finish.

    Im guessing there hasn't been anything similar this year.


  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ irishash


    My GF found these from last year

    Quote:MYSTERY SCREENING - ONE
    We will be showing a highly anticipated movie - not yet in Irish cinemas. This surprise film is tipped for Oscars and is set to be one of the best movies of 2011. Don't Miss it.

    Quote:MYSTERY SCREENING - TWO
    Another mystery screening - this movie has one of the most exciting trailers we've seen this year and looks set to be a roller-coaster ride from start to finish.

    Im guessing there hasn't been anything similar this year.

    Did not know about those hints last year. Last time I only found out about the event a few days before it was due to take place. This year I am looking at the twitter feed, the web page and on here. But have still found no hints yet.


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,343 ✭✭✭✭ That_Guy


    Can I presume that Para-Norman/Stitches will be shown in 2D?


  • Registered Users Posts: 782 Cunning Alias


    That_Guy wrote: »
    Can I presume that Para-Norman/Stitches will be shown in 2D?

    We can only hope.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭ XxMCRxBabyxX


    That_Guy wrote: »
    Can I presume that Para-Norman/Stitches will be shown in 2D?

    They did show the 3D films in 3D last year so I'd assume that it'll be the same this year


  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭ wextext


    That_Guy wrote: »
    Can I presume that Para-Norman/Stitches will be shown in 2D?
    We can only hope.

    I really disagree. ParaNorman is one of the few films that would be worth while seeing in 3D. It is shot in 3D (not done afterwards in edit) and if it is shot in any way similarly to Coraline then the 3D will be excellent.
    I really hope that they are showing ParaNorman in 3D, will be a bit disappointed if they don't.


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,343 ✭✭✭✭ That_Guy


    They did show the 3D films in 3D last year so I'd assume that it'll be the same this year

    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,343 ✭✭✭✭ That_Guy


    wextext wrote: »
    I really disagree. ParaNorman is one of the few films that would be worth while seeing in 3D. It is shot in 3D (not done afterwards in edit) and if it is shot in any way similarly to Coraline then the 3D will be excellent.
    I really hope that they are showing ParaNorman in 3D, will be a bit disappointed if they don't.

    I'm only asking because I'm blind in my right eye and 3D has no effect on me whatsoever. I'm in the minority though unfortunately.


  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ irishash


    That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm only asking because I'm blind in my right eye and 3D has no effect on me whatsoever. I'm in the minority though unfortunately.

    Can I ask what effect this has on what you see? Is it a constant out of focus/double image you see? That would be very annoying !!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,343 ✭✭✭✭ That_Guy


    irishash wrote: »
    Can I ask what effect this has on what you see? Is it a constant out of focus/double image you see? That would be very annoying !!

    All I see is 2D... A very dark 2D print at that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 782 Cunning Alias


    wextext wrote: »
    I really disagree. ParaNorman is one of the few films that would be worth while seeing in 3D. It is shot in 3D (not done afterwards in edit) and if it is shot in any way similarly to Coraline then the 3D will be excellent.
    I really hope that they are showing ParaNorman in 3D, will be a bit disappointed if they don't.

    Coraline wasn't too bad out of all the 3d I have seen. I still think my bluray version is 10 times better. The colours were very dull compared to what they were supposed to be and considering it is already a dark film, the reduced brightness of 3d did it no favours.

    Edit. Sry, this is way off topic


  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭ wextext


    There will be 28 minutes footage from of RISE OF THE GUARDIANS, the new dreamworks animated film, shown at Movie Fest.
    81854341.png
    ParaNorman will be in 3D along with the RISE OF THE GUARDIANS, everything else will be in 2D. :)

    61777813.png


  • Registered Users Posts: 782 Cunning Alias


    wextext wrote: »
    There will be 28 minutes footage from of RISE OF THE GUARDIANS, the new dreamworks animated film, shown at Movie Fest.


    ParaNorman will be in 3D along with the RISE OF THE GUARDIANS, everything else will be in 2D. :)

    61777813.png

    Aww. Was kinda hoping Rise of the Guardians might be one of the mystery films.

    If anyone has a spare ticket, one of my mates is looking for some.


  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ itchy elbows


    Just wondering what time it starts at and will finish at.


  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭ XxMCRxBabyxX


    Just wondering what time it starts at and will finish at.

    10 til 7.30 with the films at 10.30, 3.00 and 5.20


  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭ wextext


    Timetable has been announced:http://movies.ie/Articles/1183204/Movie_Fest_2012__Timetable__Tips

    SATURDAY TIMETABLE
    10am - Doors Open
    10.30am - Paranorman starts
    12.01pm - Q+A with Paranorman director Chris Butler
    Break
    12.40 - Studio trailers and footage - Including Disney/Marvel/Pixar/Universal/Fox.
    Break
    15.00 - Stitches
    16.30 - Q+A with cast members
    Break -
    Phone check in!
    17.20 - Mystery Movie
    19.20 - End

    SUNDAY TIMETABLE
    10am - Doors Open
    10.30am - Premium Rush starts
    Break
    12.40 - Studio trailers and footage - Including Momentum, Element, Studio Canal, Paramount, Warner and more...
    Break
    3.00 - Mystery Movie
    Break
    Phone Check in!
    5.20 - Looper
    19.20 - End
    (NOTE : Times are approx and are subject to change)


    There are also some tips posted:
    TIPS
    1/ Doors open at 10am every day. Seats are allocated on a first come, first served basis, apart from a handful of seats which are reserved for the director/actor guests attending each movie.

    2/ Consider printing your tickets out from Cineworld's credit card machine on Friday, we expect large queues on Saturday morning, it will mean you can get to your seat faster!
    3/ The carpark at Cineworld are offering a deal of 9 euro to park for the entire day, ask at the carpark or in the cinema for a discount flyer.
    4/ Feel free TWEET about any movies or footage that you enjoyed, it will help us secure more good content next time around.
    5/ However, no phones can be used inside the screen - this is a STRICT policy, anyone seen with a phone switched on will be asked to leave.

    6/ For security reasons we are required to collect phones before two of our most exclusive screenings over the weekend, Looper on Sunday evening & Saturday's mystery movie. We are using the services of a highly reputable security company, please co-operate fully with security over the weekend. Phones will be guarded and kept secure while you are in the screenings, you will be given a voucher and your phone will be placed safely in a bag until after the film.

    7/ Hold onto your ticket during the day, you'll be able to exchange it at a local bar for some free nibbles and free drinks. We'll have more details over the weekend!
    8/ Check your seat number when you sit down, we'll be doing some competitions over the weekend (mostly on Sunday), so know what seat you're in!
    If you can think of any more tips or have any questions do let us know!


    Really looking forward to tomorrow. :) If they are collecting the phones before the mystery filming tomorrow, then it must be something special.


  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭ wextext


    A quick question for anyone who attended last year, once you get your seat in the morning, do you keep the same seat all day, or is it different seating arrangements for each screening?


  • Registered Users Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ jack_edson


    I am nerdily excited. PIty I couldn't go tomorrow but can't wait for Sunday. Bring it


  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ irishash


    wextext wrote: »
    A quick question for anyone who attended last year, once you get your seat in the morning, do you keep the same seat all day, or is it different seating arrangements for each screening?

    Last year people were respectful about the seats other people were already sitting in. So you could leave your seat for a break, or lunch and come back and have the same seat.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭ XxMCRxBabyxX


    irishash wrote: »
    Last year people were respectful about the seats other people were already sitting in. So you could leave your seat for a break, or lunch and come back and have the same seat.

    Well, for the most part...

    And I've already seen people giving out about that on facebook this year but hopefully it won't happen


  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ irishash


    Well, for the most part...

    And I've already seen people giving out about that on facebook this year but hopefully it won't happen

    Giving out that they lost their seat, or giving out that they could not get a better one later :D


  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭ XxMCRxBabyxX


    irishash wrote: »
    Giving out that they lost their seat, or giving out that they could not get a better one later :D

    Sorry, should have been more specific.

    Giving out that people wanted to keep their seats for the same day. Which I would have thought was fair enough tbh...


  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ irishash


    Sorry, should have been more specific.

    Giving out that people wanted to keep their seats for the same day. Which I would have thought was fair enough tbh...

    I make it a point to get to event like this early in order to give myself the best possible chance of getting a good seat. If I mess up and get a bad one, I am not going to bitch and moan about it, and def would not try and get a better seat later. It say on the advice issued today that it is first come, first serve and people should (and for the most part did last year) respect that.


  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭ XxMCRxBabyxX


    irishash wrote: »
    I make it a point to get to event like this early in order to give myself the best possible chance of getting a good seat. If I mess up and get a bad one, I am not going to bitch and moan about it, and def would not try and get a better seat later. It say on the advice issued today that it is first come, first serve and people should (and for the most part did last year) respect that.

    Oh I totally agree and that was how it was with most people last year. I suppose I'm just putting the warning out there that there are some people who don't seem to have the same mindset goig.


  • Registered Users Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ jack_edson


    The earlier you turn up, the better your seat is. Simples. Like people complaining a movie is sold out when they get to a cinema.

    EDIT:@ As above said

    Anyway, I'll just concentrate on what is promising to be a quality event. Hoping the movies stand up as I hope


  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ irishash


    So, any guesses on the mystery movies. I am still thinking the Campaign will be one of them. And I know there would be squeals of delight if Taken 2 was shown as the other.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bertnat


    Hi,
    I have 1 ticket for Sunday available. I will be at Cineworld this evening if you're still looking for a ticket. Let me know.


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,343 ✭✭✭✭ That_Guy


    My guess for Saturday's mystery film is one of the following:

    Frankenweenie, Hotel Transylvania or Resident Evil 5 (I hope not)


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭ Princess Peach


    10 til 7.30 with the films at 10.30, 3.00 and 5.20

    Prepare your bums for a loooooong day of cinema seats :pac:

    Sad I'm missing it, have fun guys :D


Advertisement