Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Fest - New Cinema Event for Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

e_e wrote: »
    So I'm right in assuming that there'll be one mystery film per day?
    yes I assume so..they've yet to release an actual timetable! Hope they don't leave it too late, it's a week away!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

e_e wrote: »
    So I'm right in assuming that there'll be one mystery film per day?

If it the same set up as last year, then the middle movie each day will be a surprise movie. Personally I think Ross Noble is a fantastic stand up, and I really hope he can translate his skills to acting in stitches. As for the film, total film in their fright fest awards gave the film the best death award and voted it one of the goriest.

More info:
    Looper & Premium Rush will be shown on Sunday
    From facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/moviesireland
    So a Joseph Gordon-Levitt day.

The mystery guest will be announced Monday and it isn't Conor McMahon
    We'll be announcing another Movie Fest guest on Monday.........

is it the director of stitches by any chance?

nope

And we already know that "ParaNorman" will be shown on Saturday. So I assume that "Stitches" will be shown on Saturday and then a mystery screening each day.
    Really Looking forward to seeing ParaNorman and Looper.

Trailers announced include: Iron Man 3, Die Hard 5, Seven Psychopaths, Twilight – Breaking Dawn Part 2, Byzantium and The Life of Pi.

Anyone have any good guesses for the mystery films, my guess is the new Resident Evil movie and the Sweeney.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seems to be really loaded towards Sunday being the better day unless they have a huge film in the works as Saturday's mystery film.

Less than a week to go. Looking forward to it now. Really hope that "The Sweeney" is not one of the surprise movies. Don't like Nick Love or his films. Would prob go home for a while if that came on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Anyone have any good guesses for the mystery films, my guess is the new Resident Evil movie and the Sweeney.

That would be overwhelmingly disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

I could see the place emptying if the sweeny started playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Taken 2, possibly?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Drum.lad wrote: »
    I could see the place emptying if the sweeny started playing.

Why would you think that? The trailer doesn't look half bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Just booked tickets for both days :) - Looking good. Wonder what is the next film they will announce.

• Advertisement

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Why would you think that? The trailer doesn't look half bad?

It looks like a straight to dvd movie that somehow is getting a wide release.
    I just don't think it would suit the crowd.I know i will be heading out if it comes on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Drum.lad wrote: »
    It looks like a straight to dvd movie that somehow is getting a wide release.
    I just don't think it would suit the crowd.I know i will be heading out if it comes on.

Well each to their own, personally if it does come on I would give it at least an hour before I would walk out, sometimes films that are not hyped might surprise you. You never know what hidden gems could be out there until you give them a chance.

If you look at the trailer for Lock,stock & 2 smoking barrels that also looks like a film that should be direct to DVD but look how that film turned out.

But as I said each to their own :)

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Well each to their own, personally if it does come on I would give it at least an hour before I would walk out, sometimes films that are not hyped might surprise you. You never know what hidden gems could be out there until you give them a chance.

If you look at the trailer for Lock,stock & 2 smoking barrels that also looks like a film that should be direct to DVD but look how that film turned out.

But as I said each to their own :)

True...i guess my dislike of plan b has clouded my judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jack_edson

Really? You didn't like him in Harry Brown? I thought he was very good (chaacter was a hateful little sh*t though). I can't stand his music either.

I didn't see the movie he directed recently but apparently it was solid enough, without being spectacular.

The Sweeney could be great but more likely to be middle of the road than anything else IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

got my ticket for sunday:D

jack_edson wrote: »
    Really? You didn't like him in Harry Brown? I thought he was very good (chaacter was a hateful little sh*t though). I can't stand his music either.

I didn't see the movie he directed recently but apparently it was solid enough, without being spectacular.

The Sweeney could be great but more likely to be middle of the road than anything else IMHO

I wanted to like Harry Brown but he just dragged it down.I never even knew he directed a film,i assume its terrible.

Not every film last year was great but they were entertaining(except maybe The Change Up) so maybe The Sweeney can be the weak one this year.

According to twitter Ross Noble will be attending Moviefest

47478273.png

[URL="13624127.png

And a free t-shirt on the Sunday

64671433.png[/IMG]

According to twitter Ross Noble will be attending Moviefest

47478273.png

[URL="13624127.png

And a free t-shirt on the Sunday

64671433.png[/IMG]

This is excellent news - Big fan of Ross Noble and I am delighted he will be there on Saturday to chat about his first film role.

As if anything could not top the Ross Noble news !!! Free T-shirt.........Mind Blown !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jack_edson

Free t-shirt, Love it. Wish I could go Saturday too. Interesting films, especially Stitches. Saturday looks better for guests. Ross Noble is a comic genius

I see the Saturday tickets are no longer available to buy from the Cineworld website.
    18216803.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

I see the Saturday tickets are no longer available to buy from the Cineworld website.
    18216803.png

A wee heads-up, We've just freed up some extra tickets that were being held for press/crew... get em while they're hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I may have a spare ticket for Saturday. Will know more on Friday. Anyway will be able to be collected from Dublin City, if I don't need it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

[URL="13624127.png

Im famous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just bought 2 tickets for Saturday. Pity Sunday was sold out but very much looking forward to the day.

Stitches seems rather interesting but I'm very curious as to what the mystery film will be for that day. At a guess I'll say Hotel Transylvania.... or Frankenweenie

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just bought 2 tickets for Saturday. Pity Sunday was sold out but very much looking forward to the day.

Stitches seems rather interesting but I'm very curious as to what the mystery film will be for that day. At a guess I'll say Hotel Transylvania.... or Frankenweenie

According to twitter they will be releasing some extra tickets for Sunday, later today.

quote from twitter
    Hi guys, we'll be releasing some extra tickets for sale today, we have some press & crew seats to free up

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

Hi there,
    Just a short note to let you know that we have freed up seats that were being held for press & guests. These can be bought direct from Cineworld's box office on Parnell Steet, they haven't been able to put the extra seats online (not yet anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

MovieFest wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Just a short note to let you know that we have freed up seats that were being held for press & guests. These can be bought direct from Cineworld's box office on Parnell Steet, they haven't been able to put the extra seats online (not yet anyway).

Hopefully these go up online, can't make it down to the cinema and can't purchase over the phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Vic_Mackey

I just went in and got some. It's likely there's less than 20 left so if you can I'd advise hauling ass in. The girl behind the counter explained that when they have so few available for any film they stop being sold online so it may not be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Don't they normally give out hints about the mystery films?

Im hoping for something like Cloud Atlas.

• Advertisement

Don't they normally give out hints about the mystery films?

Im hoping for something like Cloud Atlas.

Last year there were no hints, but everybody guessed that Final Destination 5 was going to be one of the surprise movies (dont know how - when they announced it the whole audience seemed to give off a vibe of fake shock). Cloud Atlas would be amazing, but I would be truly surprised if they have it, as the first public showing is going to at the Toronto film festival. But then again, they did get looper....

Advertisement