Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what type of women do you attract?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    However, you're obviously happy with who your with at the time cause if you werent, why did you not leave them and move onto the magical ones? :confused:

True I was fairly happy, and am.

Who wouldn't have liked a lot more opportunities to Get It Rode when they WERE single though? Any why did these opportunities only present themselves at inopportune moments.

One of life's little mysteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I've found that the sort of woman you find largely depends upon what age you are:

Age 18 - 25:
    • Silly girls with daddy issues.
    Age 26 - 32:
    • Silly girls with daddy issues, who still think the're 20 and will eventually become golddiggers or bioclockbombs (see below).
    • A significant number of normal, well balanced, women.
    Age 33 - 38:
    • Bioclockbombs - the one's who wake up single at 30 and seek the first mammal they can find for breeding purposes. Prone to daddy issues.
    • Golddiggers - the one's who wake up single at 30 and realize they pissed their 20's away, have no real long term career and want to be 'taken care of'. Prone to daddy issues.
    • A small number of relatively well balanced women.
    Age 39+:
    • Desperate Bioclockbombs / Golddiggers - as with above, but have given up finding a man born in the same decade as themselves and will go for anything with a pulse and sperm count / ABC1 demographic. Daddy issues are the tip of the psych-iceberg with these ones.
    • Second Chances - they were in a relationship before, perhaps married, perhaps living together, perhaps with kids. Depending upon what they had, they will seek to do the opposite with you, which can be both a good or a bad thing. Simleraly, while they've been through the wars, they may still be more sane than many of those who were never in long term relationships. Or not - pot luck, TBH.
    • Spinsters - the most fun, but completely incapable of having a long term relationship with anyone. Prone to mommy issues.
    • A tiny number of relatively well balanced women.
    Three Caveats:
    • Being men, as long as you're charming and/or keep relatively in shape and/or have money, you will be able to draw from any of the above brackets.
    • There is often an overlap between the bioclockbombs and golddiggers.
    • Undoubtedly there is an equally disparaging scale of men that mirrors the above, from the female perspective.

It's interesting that you threw 'golddigger' into pretty much all categories!

Also, I like the way you added in the last sentence so we don't get an onslaught from angry 'feminazis'!! (a new word I learnt from Boards)

Although, its rare you find men who are 'golddiggers' and 'Desperate Bioclockbombs' haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

py2006 wrote: »
    Certain types of people you find at all stages in life, others tend to be tied into specific age groups.
    Also, I like the way you added in the last sentence so we don't get an onslaught from angry 'feminazis'!! (a new word I learnt from Boards)
    Not really, it was more because you tend to get the same level of neurosis on both sides of the gender divide, and if we pretend it exists only in one, we do as much a disservice to our own gender as to the opposite. Additionally, many women would probably agree with much of what I identified and experience has taught me that those who don't generally do not because they can see themselves in one of the less complimentary groups, and not because they're 'femnazis'.
    Although, its rare you find men who are 'golddiggers' and 'Desperate Bioclockbombs' haha
    Of dysfunctional males, you'd probably get Peter Pans, losers and slobs instead, but still find similar second chances and bachelor (male spinsters) types. Even male bioclockbombs are not so uncommon, if perhaps slightly older and fewer in number than their female counter-types - even if a man can biologically father children at 80, the reality is if he doesn't do so by 45 and he's not filthy rich, he's probably missed the boat just as much as any menopausal woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ceez

Ah here Lads, just came on to have a gander of the male side!

To be honest I think we're all our worst enemies:
    I'm 20 nearly 21, single and would people would consider me to be above average looking to be fair(minus the glasses:p)! WHY can't I find a guy that will accept that I'm independent, easy going, up for the craic, like fighting my own battles, and not into all that pukey emotional crap and talking about feelings ALL THE ****** TIME! that is "apparently" so common among us females?:mad: An I also like my space just as much as you do:).

I've came across numerous lads and its a month or two in and their "telling me how I should feel" and to stop bottling up my emotions and what I should be talking/complaining about to them.:confused:

Oh and there's no need to text me every hour of the day - 7 days a week, I won't decompose in my emotions that quickly - probably because I'm happy out, and ALSO there is no need to bring up past relationships and try compare them with mine emotionally because to be honest mine I get over things fairly lively and MOVE THE **** ON!!! :p

I've been told its my independence by friends of mine, but come on, too much for them to handle or something like that! If thats the case: MAN UP:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

py2006 wrote: »

in all fairness there are always golddiggers no matter what age , ive managed to avoid them , but whats worse is trying to tell your mates that there missus is taking advantage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I've seemed to attract a lot of country women :confused:

And I'm from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Daisy78

seanbmc wrote: »
    I've seemed to attract a lot of country women :confused:

And I'm from Dublin.
    Lucky you :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ceez wrote: »
    Ah here Lads, just came on to have a gander of the male side!

To be honest I think we're all our worst enemies:
    I'm 20 nearly 21, single and would people would consider me to be above average looking to be fair(minus the glasses:p)! WHY can't I find a guy that will accept that I'm independent, easy going, up for the craic, like fighting my own battles, and not into all that pukey emotional crap and talking about feelings ALL THE ****** TIME! that is "apparently" so common among us females?:mad: An I also like my space just as much as you do:).

I've came across numerous lads and its a month or two in and their "telling me how I should feel" and to stop bottling up my emotions and what I should be talking/complaining about to them.:confused:

Oh and there's no need to text me every hour of the day - 7 days a week, I won't decompose in my emotions that quickly - probably because I'm happy out, and ALSO there is no need to bring up past relationships and try compare them with mine emotionally because to be honest mine I get over things fairly lively and MOVE THE **** ON!!! :p

I've been told its my independence by friends of mine, but come on, too much for them to handle or something like that! If thats the case: MAN UP:rolleyes:.

Some guys, especially around your age tend to be clingy. I know I was, but didn't realise at the time. Probably comes down to a confidence issue within themselves also; If they have a nice looking and confident girlfriend, cogs begin to turn and they just wanna "check in" with ya, probably worried you might be off somewhere else with some other dude. Comparing past relationships is a sign they're a bit worried/anxious about how they may measure up.

That's just my take on it though, could be way off the mark.

Will wrote: »
    Some guys, especially around your age tend to be clingy. I know I was, but didn't realise at the time. Probably comes down to a confidence issue within themselves also; If they have a nice looking and confident girlfriend, cogs begin to turn and they just wanna "check in" with ya, probably worried you might be off somewhere else with some other dude. Comparing past relationships is a sign they're a bit worried/anxious about how they may measure up.

That's just my take on it though, could be way off the mark.

Yes, I think you could be right. It probably again then roots to the question "Where's the trust?". But I know for a fact that it has to develop in a relationship and its even harder when one person is not as confident as the other. So I absolutely see what your saying. And thanks for your reply.

May just deal with it as it comes, or else just hit the older men:P

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Nymphomaniacs with big jugs and surgically enhanced pussies to make my pleasure more intense.
    Don't know why they flock to me, I'm just your normal everyday Adonis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ceez wrote: »
    Yes, I think you could be right. It probably again then roots to the question "Where's the trust?". But I know for a fact that it has to develop in a relationship and its even harder when one person is not as confident as the other. So I absolutely see what your saying. And thanks for your reply.

May just deal with it as it comes, or else just hit the older men:P

Take it as it comes I think. No point stressing or over thinking, just go with the flow. It's how I do it nowadays. More important things in life to worry about and enjoy :)

Will wrote: »
    Take it as it comes I think. No point stressing or over thinking, just go with the flow. It's how I do it nowadays. More important things in life to worry about and enjoy :)

Me stressed about men? I'll wait till I've a few more years on me, then I MIGHT stress! :P

Couldn't agree with you more though! thanks a mill Will :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Women? I think I repel them actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

the invisible kind mainly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

jdooley28 wrote: »
    the invisible kind mainly

Cheer up bro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

attractive gold diggers mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

The last half dozen women that have had 'eyes' for me have been spoken for. I think I attract women who suffer buyer's remorse :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Lunatics.

I'm not even joking. Full blown, emotionally insane, passive aggressive psycho's with violent tendencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Mostly tall stunning women way out of my league ,thats only cause I'm 6'6.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Lunatics.

I'm not even joking. Full blown, emotionally insane, passive aggressive psycho's with violent tendencies.

so you attract women then!

;)

(just kidding)

• Advertisement

AndywK wrote: »
    I am still clueless when it comes to women and what they do be thinking

eh, where do I start with this one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

BumbleB wrote: »
    Mostly tall stunning women way out of my league ,thats only cause I'm 6'6.

How are they out of your league if you attract them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

Smokers. For reasons unknown to me, since the age of 16 every woman i have ever been with was a smoker. I am a light smoker myself but i never met any of these women through smoking. I dont know what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thus far, all of the ladies I attract seem to be about 4 times my waist size. Meh. I've so far gone from 19 stone to just under 18 stone, and plan to get rid of the belly eventually. Going to the gym when I can, so all going well, I will hopefully attract some of the slimmer women in the future. Shallow, you may say, but if there is no spark there, I feel it'd be cruel to date them for the sake of dating someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TonyHolland

the_syco wrote: »
    Thus far, all of the ladies I attract seem to be about 4 times my waist size. Meh. I've so far gone from 19 stone to just under 18 stone, and plan to get rid of the belly eventually. Going to the gym when I can, so all going well, I will hopefully attract some of the slimmer women in the future. Shallow, you may say, but if there is no spark there, I feel it'd be cruel to date them for the sake of dating someone.

Now my ex-GF had a super woman's body like 34ff-24-34 sweet, sweet jugs, but she was a headcase.

My girlfriend now has a real nice slim petite body, it's nice to have variety in life. And a bit more flexability:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Teachers and accountants usually. Dunno why!

few cans? wrote: »
    Smokers. For reasons unknown to me, since the age of 16 every woman i have ever been with was a smoker. I am a light smoker myself but i never met any of these women through smoking. I dont know what it is

Maybe they're smoking because they want to impress you....I'm a girl....we can be really silly.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The invisible and imaginary,in other words:none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I'm surprised no one's responded "jpegs and mpegs" yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

cantdecide wrote: »
    The last half dozen women that have had 'eyes' for me have been spoken for. I think I attract women who suffer buyer's remorse :rolleyes:
    Oh I forgot about them. Yep me too :eek: Some I reckon because they're looking for an excuse to leave the guy and think I'm it. Oh and those recently broken up who want some inbetweeny action before the next relationship.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement