Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what type of women do you attract?

Options
  • 29-07-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Is there any scientific reason as to why we attract certain people?
    For instance, body language or the way we dress?

I'm finding that I attract foreign women alot , I've attracted a few lithuanian girls, Indian girls and french girls.. girls who are not from Ireland... I don't tend to attract many Irish girls of the same beauty & quality, at least not until I open my mouth anyways..

What kinds of girls do you attract & why do you think they are attracted to you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I've had a few foreign girls show interest, some older women (as in older than me...not old!) and quirky/nerdy girls. Of the three, nerdy girls ftw :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

hmmm you'll actually be suprised. watched a rather interesting documentary on blinkbox.com about it a year ago. there's a lot of subliminal stuff to it, even down to scent.

on the phone at the moment. will throw a link up to it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

Not being cheeky or anything but most of them, really. Never had any problems with them. Asian girls seem to be the majority if you're asking for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Older women which could be a good thing or bad thing not really sure why... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

your ma's!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Adhamh

None, unfortunately.... (laughing face)...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Adhamh

Anyway, we all know the thread is going to go this way so...

Irish wimmin vs foreign wimmin... (fight, fight, fight)!

[gets popcorn]

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

I find if you wrap your naked body in cling film you will attract all sorts as they will clearly see you're nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭ted1

For some reason Finnish women and American women throw themselves at me, but I'm not on the market.

Even though I gave an answer earlier, I will add my usual answer for these things. The type of women who you attract will tend to be the type of women you spend time around. If you like reading, join bookclubs etc, you're likely to attract a woman from a book club. If you like judo, you're likely to meet women at a judo class.

There are no magic "types" that find themselves attracted to each other. I meet nerdy/quirky girls because I've spent 7 years in a University either working or studying. If I spent that time working behind a bar, I'd probably be attracting girls that work in a bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Disagree somewhat on the last point you make. I've always had brunettes come up to me whereas most blondes tend to ignore me a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Parker that's nonsense. I've experiencd so many different girls from all walks of live who have had very different intrests. Than me. When you cross eyes with some one you'll know if their is a connection.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Latins mostly. And Aussies for some reason. Well read types in personality. Usually a tad delicate emotionally after a while.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'm still not sure what 'type' of woman I attract, most of them have been so different to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Imaginary ones.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I seem to attract attention seekers!! Its partially my own fault as I think I give women I like far too much attention.

They love the attention and flirtation but once there is a hint of anything happening they are not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I seem to attract nutjobs. The kind that text you after one night telling you that she'll support you and go out to work, and you can quit your job and do what you want. ....Seriously! (1 girl)
    And also tell you that they want something serious, and I say not really looking for that, so I don't think we should see each other as we in different places and not fair on them, and they then ring and text and harass you to say thats ok. A few.

Ignorance is a cruel but necesscary evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Teachers. Always teachers. And cockteasers too lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Younger ones, annoyingly >_<
    I've always found I'm always far more interested in girls a few years older than me, but its always girls a few years younger than me who are interested in me :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I've never felt a girl attracted to me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Girls with straight hair and curly teeth

ted1 wrote: »
    Parker that's nonsense. I've experiencd so many different girls from all walks of live who have had very different intrests. Than me. When you cross eyes with some one you'll know if their is a connection.

So it's nonsense that the people who will be attracted to you tend to come from the groups of people you meet in life? Right...I see. Look up statistics on how many doctors marry doctors, how many teachers marry teachers etc. Your post is largely irrelevant to my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I've heard this (or similar ideas) being mentioned a few times; that we are more attracted to people who look somehow similar to ourselves.

Obviously, that doesn't account for everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Emotionally flakey ones with what seems to be a touch of manic depression and self loathing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ones who don't say anything and I only found out years later that they liked me. Was always less annoying when I just thought no-one was interested in me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Usually ones:

1. I'm not attracted to, but they're cool people I can chat to.
    2. That are attractive, but they're total fruitbats!

A mixture of the two would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I always tend to attract one with troubled pasts and a lot of baggage, but im sure that has a lot to do with me as much as it does with them. Im the one who tends to have some random girl crying on my shoulder at a party, and no matter how much i try i can never escape:pac:. Now that im single again im making it a point to make sure the next one is differant comes without baggage or troubled past:).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

:. Now that im single again im making it a point to make sure the next one is differant comes without baggage or troubled past:).

I'm sure many of us would greatly appreciate if you would share the secret (if you find it) as to how to spot the ones without said baggage. They all SEEM so normal and well rounded to begin with :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Lol if i find dont worry ill be sure to pass on the secret formula, but then again the kind of baggage im talking about is women with exs who commited sucide and they found them, ex who beat them so much they put them in hospital that kind of eh baggage, im hoping to find one that at least has no man issues:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Drunk ones :p

Never attract any to be fair. When it gets down to that your not as picky to be honest.

Advertisement