Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNA test on child that could be Madeleine McCann...

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

Speaking to ITV News Leh police chief Vivek Gupta categorically denied the sighting.

He said: " This incident is not in my knowledge and I have not sent any request to anyone for this. We have not taken any swabs for DNA testing. We have not even been approached for any help by anyone in this case."

He added: " If anyone wants our help, we are willing to help but as of now, we have not been approached. My men are not at all involved in any such investigation."

By: ITV News

http://www.itv.com/news/mccann-sighting-denied66269/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Piriz wrote: »
    you're in the Stonecutters too?

I feel sorry for the McCann's... tragic..
    Poor Madeline..

No, I just had 400 Laramies handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I don't understand. If the police are denying the sighting, how could the McCanns have seen pictures? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

flyaway. wrote: »
    I don't understand. If the police are denying the sighting, how could the McCanns have seen pictures? :confused:

I'd guess that someone sent a photo to a news organisation, they sent it to Team McCann, Then a few days later , a fabricated story to sell a tonne of newspapers is made , and spreads like wildfire across the Internet...

The scary part is that people genuinely take these stories at face value . The power of the Media Machine to put concrete Ideas in peoples head is truely immense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Why is a little girl from a white middle class British family on holiday more interesting than any of the thousands of other people who have gone missing in the last five years. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Why is a little girl from a white middle class British family on holiday more interesting than any of the thousands of other people who have gone missing in the last five years. :confused:

That's why.

That's why.

I suppose there are at least half a dozen tabloid boxes ticked there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Pardon me for sounding like the proverbial noisy fart during a period of peace ,tranquility and reflection but I have to ask if I am the only person who suffers badly from ' Maddy fatigue '.
    Maybe its because I have no kids of my own but I am utterly fed up with this case and the way the media allows itself to be played by people of questionable motives.

Child is almost certainly dead and was almost certainly RIP within 2 hours of leaving the family apartment . End of story.

Don't wish to sound heartless but I'm thoroughly fed up with this never ending ' human interest ' story.

Delancey wrote: »
    the way the media allows itself to be played by people of questionable motives.

Or is it the other way around Im not really sure ?

Either way I happen to have packed a spare flameproof suit. I suspect you might need to borrow it..............

Or is it the other way around Im not really sure ?

A very valid point I must agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

papers love stories were the girl is blonde blue eyed and there's a chance some brown person took her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

coz it sells papers, it's no coincidence that the story was broken and blown out of all proportion by Sky, run by the same guy who owns The Sun & NOTW

RichieC wrote: »
    papers love stories were the girl is blonde blue eyed and there's a chance some brown person took her.

Yeah , only nasty Johnny Foreigner could do such a thing .

This whole notion of ' white slavers ' in my opinion is nothing but a media invention / urban myth in much the same way that so-called ' Snuff Movies ' were ( remember them ? ) . I recall seeing an interview with the head of Scotland Yard's Obscene Publications squad where he said that despite their thorough investigations they had not uncovered a single ' real ' snuff tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Shes long dead, imo. Sad really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Happyzebra

I know it's a bit off topic but I was dissapointed that kate didn't discuss in her book the Smith's claims that they believed the man they saw was Gerry. Does anyone know if there is proof that the Smiths actually said they believed it was Gerry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

KeithAFC wrote: »
    She isn't going to be found. She is dead.

You should go down to the bookies, and put a few hundred on a body being found. That way, if the body is found, at least you'll be able to afford a decent defence team

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

tommyhaas wrote: »
    You should go down to the bookies, and put a few hundred on a body being found. That way, if the body is found, at least you'll be able to afford a decent defence team

Any bookie offering better than 1/10000 is an idiot.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

And we'll leave it at that on this one... Lest it turn into a they did it / they didn't do it round robin of the type we have had many times in the past.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement