Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNA test on child that could be Madeleine McCann...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Will the results be aired like an episode of Maury?

If so please let me know when they are out so i can fast forward to the good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

It can't be her. I have two locks on the shed out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

jimmynokia wrote: »
    .At the end of the day it will make alot of people look like fools if it does turn out to be her.

People should not take sensationalized tabloid headlines of "Madeleine Mcann" at face value . The only winner is the Newspaper . These stories don't need to have any substance all to them, as long as the headline is grabbing. As long as people buy into these stories, even though there have been hundreds of similiar reported sightings, the papers will keep selling them that same story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

People should not take sensationalized tabloid headlines of "Madeleine Mcann" at face value . The only winner is the Newspaper . These stories don't need to have any substance all to them, as long as the headline is grabbing. As long as people buy into these stories, even though there have been hundreds of similiar reported sightings, the papers will keep selling them that same story.

/thread. This is exactly what the newspaper is hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I think the poster was referring to how it will make some people look like big eejits, for suggesting that she was not abducted and most likely not alive.

Ya know the eejits, like the two investigating police forces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

ITV news site is saying that the McCanns are playing down the sighting. Usual hype over nothing, then :rolleyes:

http://www.itv.com/news/mccann-sighting-denied66269/

Sorry, can't seem to cut and paste for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Have to say I'm sick of this story, as someone else said hundreds of kids go missing yet this is always a regular news story.

Don't want to sound cruel but there is no way she is alive, and if she is it's probably a Josef Fritzel job (trapped in the basement). With the media attention this story has receieved there is no way you could bring her out in public. Now it's clearly turned to mass hysteria with 'do-gooders' snatching other peoples kids and accusing them of all sorts!

End of the day who leaves their really young kids alone in a foreign country while they go down to the local? Shame on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Doyler92 wrote: »
    As I can't read the article does anyone know when the DNA tests will be released to the public?

They're doing it live on Jeremy Kyle in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Will be great if it is her but I would imagine she didn't live much longer after she was abducted and I'd say the overpowering media presence didn't help her one bit either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Following the banning of US criminal profiler Pat Brown's book from Amazon earlier this week by the McCann lawyers, this is effective spin to keep the abduction theory alive.

Yes, I’ve also heard that they’ve stopped the US adopting the metric system for years.
    They’re also behind the whole dog/cat hate thing, and I wouldn’t rule out a connection to the 9/11 attacks – you’re on the right track, you just need to dig a little deeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I think the poster was referring to how it will make some people look like big eejits, for suggesting that she was not abducted and most likely not alive.

Ya know the eejits, like the two investigating police forces.

The chances of her being alive are minuscule, that doesn't make anybody an eejit for believing it. Chances are these people who think it's her are going to look like idiots out of it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

stovelid wrote: »
    Bad enough being kidnapped but being brought up by French and Belgians?
    At least this Belgian/French combo of parents didnt leave their kids alone in a holiday apartment like this fabulous pair of British parents did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Why did they try to take her from her parents without any evidence whatsoever that it was her? What plebs.

They're doing it live on Jeremy Kyle in a few weeks.

Will the McCanns hire a babysiter for their appearence on the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Sky are saying it's all false, they contacted the Chief of Police in Leh and he's no idea what they're on about :confused:

K-9 wrote: »
    The chances of her being alive are minuscule, that doesn't make anybody an eejit for believing it. Chances are these people who think it's her are going to look like idiots out of it.

I didn't say that.

The tourists that believe it is her will look silly, but they're not being put through crap out there. Feel very sorry for that young girl and her parents.

Will the McCanns hire a babysiter for their appearence on the show?

Nah, they don't believe in them. You can't trust anyone so best leave the kids to fend for themselves. Safer that way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Daily Mail - It has to be true.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

If I seen a child of the right age, with the same unusual iris as Madaline McCann, I too would stop the child/parents from leaving and call the police.

So if this child is very similar in appearance to Madaline and with this same perculiar iris, then I don't blame the tourists for trying to stop the child. But 'taking' the child is another thing...that's going too far.

Personally, I think she's someone in Turkey/North Africa (they have this crazy obsession with blonde haired/blue eyed kids).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

It's a bit like where's Wally for bored adults.

• Advertisement

If I seen a child of the right age, with the same unusual iris as Madaline McCann, I too would stop the child/parents from leaving and call the police.

So if this child is very similar in appearance to Madaline and with this same perculiar iris, then I don't blame the tourists for trying to stop the child. But 'taking' the child is another thing...that's going too far.

Personally, I think she's someone in Turkey/North Africa (they have this crazy obsession with blonde haired/blue eyed kids).

There's no real way of keeping someone with you really. An innocent pair will tell you to fúck off and leave them alone. A not innocent pair will just clear off. Reporting is the only option you have really.

Saw a tweet which said: "I pray to god that it is Madeleine, she needs to be back in the arms of her loving parents"

How is leaving young kids alone night after night the act of loving parents?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

As far as I am aware, Madeline's eye is not as rare an occurence as some of the media would have people believe, there is every chance that she could have an eye very similar to Madelines but not be her. I have followed this case like alot of others over the years and have to say that if it was her, I would be amazed. In Spain and Portugal the general consensus is that the parents were definitely involved in some way, unlike the British media, where even mentioning they were involved is met with anger and accusations

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

The blemish is called a Coloboma of the iris and there are about three to seven babies every 100,000 live births in the UK born with this condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

inforfun wrote: »
    At least this Belgian/French combo of parents didnt leave their kids alone in a holiday apartment like this fabulous pair of British parents did.

Well that's Brits for you. Possibly they were off applying the colonial jackboot to a sovereign nation somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

lukesmom wrote: »
    As unlikely as it is, the fact that 3 people were convinced it was Madeleine was enough for the police to take the child to be tested.

Mob hysteria. One person sees something and shouts it out and others try to see it and do. A certain tree stump comes to mind. If it was 3 reports on different days in the area by different people as the couple did some touring I'd be inclined to say she'd have to be at least a good look a like but 3 people in the same area, nah.

From the Liverpool Echo. As the 'private investigators the McCann's have apparently hired have known about this for several days and are not planning on going to India, I think we can assume it is not much of a lead. No, really :eek::eek:
    Madeleine McCann’s family has played down a possible sighting of the missing child in India.
    Local police are said to be investigating after a British woman spotted a six-year-old girl who appeared to resemble Madeleine in a market in the city of Leh in northern India on Friday night.
    A French woman and a Belgian man who were with the girl insisted they were her biological parents but police took their passports to check, the Chandigarh Tribune newspaper reported.
    It is understood that the private detectives hired by Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, to continue looking for their daughter are not currently planning to travel to India but will liaise with local police.

McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “The private investigators currently searching for Madeleine have been aware of this report from India for several days, and have been working to establish its veracity.
    “So far unfortunately there is nothing to suggest that this sighting is any more credible than any of the many others we have had over the last four-plus years.”
    Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family’s holiday flat in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3 2007 as her parents dined with friends nearby.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2011/07/28/madeleine-mccann-sighting-in-india-played-down-by-missing-girl-s-family-100252-29136344/#ixzz1TPf5wXsW

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Kind of makes you wonder what the high fees for the private investigators are for if they aren't going to bother going out.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

patmac wrote: »
    There is hope as Belgians have as a good record as our priests when it comes to children.

They balanced it a least a bit by creating tintin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

mawk wrote: »
    They balanced it a least a bit by creating belgian chocolate

fyp :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The headline of this thread could easily be "American man tries to snatch child from parents"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement