Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNA test on child that could be Madeleine McCann...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

K-9 wrote: »
    Kind of makes you wonder what the high fees for the private investigators are for if they aren't going to bother going out.

It's the cushiest job going. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 curlywurly26

I think it's awful how people make jokes about the McCanns killing their child when there is no evidence to suggest this.

As for saying they're unfit because they left them in a hotel room, I'd say many a parent has put their child to bed then headed down to a hotel bar without any incidents happening at all. You just wouldn't think being so close that anything could go wrong.

Do you not think that it is something they will regret for the rest of their lives?

As for this story, I agree it's a pile of tosh but I can't believe people would try and snatch a child from it's parents - that's just atrocious if you have no evidence to back it up. If I had children and someone tried to snatch them, I'd flip! I don't care who they thought it was - that's just so scary for the poor child and her parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

So where the **** is the kid if she is still alive then?
    Probably adopted by a white couple living in a small town in a huge country like India...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

She isn't going to be found. She is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I think it's awful how people make jokes about the McCanns killing their child when there is no evidence to suggest this.

A lot of people don't joke, they actually believe that there is something to the story. As for there being no evidence of this being the case, the problem is there is very little evidence on either side, which makes people go, "Hmm, I wonder..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

As for saying they're unfit because they left them in a hotel room, I'd say many a parent has put their child to bed then headed down to a hotel bar without any incidents happening at all. You just wouldn't think being so close that anything could go wrong.

Do you not think that it is something they will regret for the rest of their lives?

As for this story, I agree it's a pile of tosh but I can't believe people would try and snatch a child from it's parents - that's just atrocious if you have no evidence to back it up. If I had children and someone tried to snatch them, I'd flip! I don't care who they thought it was - that's just so scary for the poor child and her parents.

There's no evidence to suggest she was abducted either. Of course they will and should regret it for the rest of their lives. They fúcked up. Whether they had anything to do with her disappearance or not, a very big portion of blame lies with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

KeithAFC wrote: »
    She isn't going to be found. She is dead.

Where did you bury her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Your child is snatched on the street and the police demand you consent to a DNA test to prove the child is yours

Jack Bauer style tactics in India it seems, anything is acceptable to get the result

Eh? How much of the case have you actually read? The kids were in a room that could not be seen from where the parents ate and the door was left unlocked. They were right beside a road.

Trained dogs picked up cadavar scent in their apartment (behind a couch and in a cupboard).

The McCanns refused to answer questions vital to the case and left Portugal the moment they were made suspects, despite earlier proclaiming they would never leave without their daughter.

They said the window shutters had been jemmied open and that is how the abductor got in and yet that proved to be false. No such thing happened.

What is the evidence of an abduction? One of their Tapas friends said she saw someone carrying a child but changed her story numerous times. Yeah, plenty of reasons to believe the child was 'abducted'. The evidence is overwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

just when you thought that thing was dead and buried..

the madeleine thread I mean :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Saila wrote: »
    just when you thought that thing was dead and buried..

the madeleine thread I mean :rolleyes:

Then don't bump it up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

buck65 wrote: »
    Where did you bury her?
    She died in the apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

....As for saying they're unfit because they left them in a hotel room, I'd say many a parent has put their child to bed then headed down to a hotel bar .....

For me its utterly wrong to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Then don't bump it up :rolleyes:

I didnt, my post was only 2 minutes after your one, which is the last post before mine :p

Saila wrote: »
    I didnt, my post was only 2 minutes after your one, which is the last post before mine :p

You are doing it again!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Despite the lack of any evidence, I remain convinced that the Roma beggars were involved.
    Either them or the Nigerian refugees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i hope its not her because the thread in nein11 is too much fun

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Despite the lack of any evidence, I remain convinced that the Roma beggars were involved.
    Either them or the Nigerian refugees.
    It was clearly travellers, they went to Spain, kidnapped her and brought her back to Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Eh? How much of the case have you actually read? The kids were in a room that could not be seen from where the parents ate

WRONG
    and the door was left unlocked.

WRONG
    They were right beside a road.

TRUE
    Trained dogs picked up cadavar scent in their apartment (behind a couch and in a cupboard).

Proven to be false.
    Dogs barked on command.
    Dogs entered apartment over three months later when scent would have disappeared.
    The McCanns refused to answer questions vital to the case and left Portugal the moment they were made suspects, despite earlier proclaiming they would never leave without their daughter.

FALSE.
    They also have two other children in fairness, who are entitled to what normal life they can.
    They said the window shutters had been jemmied open and that is how the abductor got in and yet that proved to be false. No such thing happened.

FALSE.
    The shutter was lifted, but it doesnt take jemmying.
    It lifts freely which they did not realise.
    What is the evidence of an abduction? One of their Tapas friends said she saw someone carrying a child but changed her story numerous times. Yeah, plenty of reasons to believe the child was 'abducted'. The evidence is overwhelming.

FALSE.
    Story was not changed.
    Two other witnesses also saw the same man in a coat carrying a sleeping barefoot child in her pyjamas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I think in a decade this case will still be talked about

Much like JonBenet Ramsey

• Advertisement

WRONG
    and the door was left unlocked.[/QUOTE]

WRONG

[/QUOTE]They were right beside a road.[/QUOTE]

TRUE

[/QUOTE]Trained dogs picked up cadavar scent in their apartment (behind a couch and in a cupboard).[/QUOTE]

Proven to be false.
    Dogs barked on command.
    Dogs entered apartment over three months later when scent would have disappeared.

[/QUOTE]The McCanns refused to answer questions vital to the case and left Portugal the moment they were made suspects, despite earlier proclaiming they would never leave without their daughter.[/QUOTE]

FALSE.
    They also have two other children in fairness, who are entitled to what normal life they can.

[/QUOTE]They said the window shutters had been jemmied open and that is how the abductor got in and yet that proved to be false. No such thing happened.[/QUOTE]

FALSE.
    The shutter was lifted, but it doesnt take jemmying.
    It lifts freely which they did not realise.

[/QUOTE]What is the evidence of an abduction? One of their Tapas friends said she saw someone carrying a child but changed her story numerous times. Yeah, plenty of reasons to believe the child was 'abducted'. The evidence is overwhelming.[/QUOTE]

FALSE.
    Story was not changed.
    Two other witnesses also saw the same man in a coat carrying a sleeping barefoot child in her pyjamas.[/QUOTE]

Jane Tanner's story was changed. Her description of what the man looked like changed.

The other witnesses (Smiths) said the man they saw was Gerry McCann.

No moss, dust etc was disturbed on the ledge and no chance a grown adult could have got in the window and out without disturbing lichen, moss, etc.

The McCann's said the door was left open. Personally I believe that was only said to aid an abductor story. Who owuld leave all their possessions and three children alone and in an unlocked apartment?

The McCann's were quoted as saying that would not leave Portugal till their daughter was found. They were advised to go as soon as the tide turned and did. News stories about this in 2007 are all over the web.

As for the cadavar scent, it can last up to a year. (google it if you want proof of that)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

mikemac wrote: »

Or the Lindbergh baby

mikemac wrote: »

That was a shocking crime that one. That poor child.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That's ok then! Other people are doing it so it's grand!

Now if you'll excuse me, i'm off to pick someone at random and strangle them to death, sure there's a load of people who have done it. It's grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Has anyone been to Praia da luz? have you noticed no posters of Maddie remain and how the majority of the locals believe the parents are responsible for her disappearance. Quite an eerie feeling...

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

Did they look at her eye? The one that was pointed out to have a feature in the posters?

DNA me hole, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Madeleine McCann spotted? Book sales must be dropping so.......... Either that or there's a movie deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

McCann's spokesperson Clarence Mitchell has said this:
    Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Madeleine’s parents Gerry and Kate McCann, has reported : “Our private investigators are aware of the reports from India over the weekend about a possible sighting of Madeleine.
    “We are liaising with the Indian authorities over the incident and await the results of the DNA test.”

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CDwQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.christianpost.com%2Fnews%2Fmadeleine-mccann-sighting-in-india-being-investigated-52975%2F&ei=jZUxTs7nJM-5hAeGlrmVCw&usg=AFQjCNFO5zEKhMkjRB-j-LqSIo7vHtS9sA

Just read this, the Indian police chief has said there are no DNA tests being done and that they haven't even picked up a girl! :confused:

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2011%2F07%2F28%2Fmadeleine-mccann-sighting-india-investigation-_n_912011.html&ei=jZUxTs7nJM-5hAeGlrmVCw&usg=AFQjCNHzYhaDuWc3QhFJOhr2UMvbOlegGw
    A regional Indian police chief told CNN that he knew nothing about the sighting, and dismissed reports of a possible DNA test on the girl. "We have not recovered any girl from Leh," said Abdul Gani Mir, deputy inspector general of police for central Kashmir and Leh. "I checked and re-checked from my officers on ground in Leh and they have categorically told me they have not recovered the girl."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I will never stop hoping that Madeline or any other missing person will be found. I know personally the hell that the family is going through and I wouldn`t wish it on my worst enemy.

Please God!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

For those that think the McCanns are innocent - explain the sniffer dog that had never been wrong even once in hundreds of cases, smelling death on the stairs, sofa, and Kate McCann's clothes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement