Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNA test on child that could be Madeleine McCann...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭crazym02

Let's pray that it really is Madeleine and that they find whoever took her...

Madeleine McCann Found Alive and Well in India? > http://www.stateintervention.com/2011/07/madeleine-mccann-found-alive-and-well.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

WRONG

WRONG
    WRONG

WRONG.

FALSE.
    Story was not changed.
    Two other witnesses also saw the same man in a coat carrying a sleeping barefoot child in her pyjamas.

True, the man was later identified as Gerry McCann.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

crazym02 wrote: »
    Madeleine McCann Found Alive and Well in India?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

mikemac wrote: »
    How did Madeline become Maddie?
    Reading the Daily Mail website which the OP linked to it's Maddy or Maddie in hundreds of comments.

Actually was the same in the Bulger case. The parents named their son James and always state James and it somehow became Jamie.

Is it because it sounds cute and childish and the media use this to highlight it's a child involved?

My post is a bit offtopic, just something I wondered

How did michaelmac become mikemac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

K-9 wrote: »

WRONG

Mr Smith said that the man he saw "carried the child in a similar way to the way Gerry carried one of the twins off the plane"

Christ, how many bloody ways is there to carry a child! The Smith family are fu*king retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

McCanns have apparently seen 'photographic evidence' and the child is not Madeleine, according to Clarry Mitchell.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭32yg

And the jokes are going to start up again....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

WRONG

Mr Smith said that the man he saw "carried the child in a similar way to the way Gerry carried one of the twins off the plane"

Christ, how many bloody ways is there to carry a child! The Smith family are fu*king retarded.

WRONG.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

McCanns have apparently seen 'photographic evidence' and the child is not Madeleine, according to Clarry Mitchell.
    I'm sure they were shocked.

WRONG

McCann Files

Chapter 21 - An Irish family in shock - pages 197-199

- Sept 2007, McCanns return to UK

- Gerry exits the plane, carrying his son against his left shoulder, the child's arms down along his sides, down the stairs and across the tarmack Gerry walks

- The Smith family see this recording on the news at 22h00 and are hit hard: they know this person, this way of carrying a child and of walking. It is Gerry McCann, they believe with a high degree of certainty, that they saw on 3 May at about 22h00, carrying a 4 yr old girl who appeared to be deeply asleep

- The father contacts the police to communicate this new information. He says he has not slept since 9 Sept and is very upset. It's as if he re-lived the night he saw the man carrying the child. Seeing Gerry walk and carry the child, awoke something in his head...

- Still not completely convinced, he watches the news again on ITV and also on Sky.

- No, there are no doubts. Gerry McCann looks just like the same person he saw carrying the child on May 3.

- Smith, upset and worried about what he saw and has concluded, needs the investigators to contact him.

• Advertisement

I'm sure they were shocked.

Yes, they have turned their private jet around.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Kinda interesting that the PR guy comes out and says that photos have been seen, and that the McCanns have been liasing with the Indian authorities over the girl, and then the Indian authorities come out and say there was no DNA tests and no girl.

Genuine crossed wires or a publicity stunt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

McCann Files

Chapter 21 - An Irish family in shock - pages 197-199

- Sept 2007, McCanns return to UK

- Gerry exits the plane, carrying his son against his left shoulder, the child's arms down along his sides, down the stairs and across the tarmack Gerry walks

- The Smith family see this recording on the news at 22h00 and are hit hard: they know this person, this way of carrying a child and of walking. It is Gerry McCann, they believe with a high degree of certainty, that they saw on 3 May at about 22h00, carrying a 4 yr old girl who appeared to be deeply asleep

- The father contacts the police to communicate this new information. He says he has not slept since 9 Sept and is very upset. It's as if he re-lived the night he saw the man carrying the child. Seeing Gerry walk and carry the child, awoke something in his head...

- Still not completely convinced, he watches the news again on ITV and also on Sky.

- No, there are no doubts.Gerry McCann looks just like the same person he saw carrying the child on May 3.

- Smith, upset and worried about what he saw and has concluded, needs the investigators to contact him.

I look just like Brad Pitt............but I'm not Brad Pitt, (thank god!)

Kess73 wrote: »
    Kinda interesting that the PR guy comes out and says that photos have been seen, and that the McCanns have been liasing with the Indian authorities over the girl, and then the Indian authorities come out and say there was no DNA tests and no girl.

Genuine crossed wires or a publicity stunt?

Pretty big crossed wires to be ordering dna tests when the police in India don't even have a girl to test :rolleyes:

I think it is a very bad attempt to stifle Pat Brown's banned book on the Madeleine case which was getting a good bit of coverage in the US this week... very big coincidence either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I think this is a newspaper sting, like when they caught Sven out with the fake sheik.

Daily Mail Reporter: Kate, we've found Madeline in India

Kate: Impossible, we buried her in Portugal.

Case closed, paper makes millions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

So, this is how this thing worked out:

1. News about child being tested for DNA, having been spotted by tourists.

2. McCanns people are in contact with the indian authorities.

3. Indian authorities confirm that they know nothing about the reported girl or any DNA testing.

4. McCanns brush it off as a false sighting.

Who is telling lies here? The above doesn't add up.

Could it really be a publicity stunt like TheZohan suggested straight away?

TheZohan wrote: »
    This is another cheap marketing ploy from the McCanns to sell their book.
    Einhard wrote: »
    Ah FFS. So the McCanns set this whole thing up?! Forced two random tourists in India to accost a blonde child? Next thing ye know, the McCanns will be blamed for the Lockerbie bombing. Jesus Christ, I'm outta this thread before my head explodes.

^ Maybe not forced people to do it, but maybe it didn't happen at all?

I am only maybe-ing by the way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah the Mc. Canns have said it ain't her.
    After studying photographs.

At least according to the (/spit) sun.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3719812/Cops-probe-Maddie-sighting.html

We'll be closing this one up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Yeah the Mc. Canns have said it ain't her.
    After studying photographs.

At least according to the (/spit) sun.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3719812/Cops-probe-Maddie-sighting.html

We'll be closing this one up soon.

See this is what I'm confused about. Daily Mail, The Sun, and McCann's spokesperson say that DNA sample was taken.

Indian Police -Abdul Gani Mir, deputy inspector general of police for central Kashmir and Leh, says that no girl was brought to them and that no dna tests were taken.

What's going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I wouldn't say she was even taken out of Portugal. I'd say whoever took her (probably a paedo) freaked out by all the media coverage of it everywhere and buried her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

See this is what I'm confused about. Daily Mail, The Sun, and McCann's spokesperson say that DNA sample was taken.

Indian Police -Abdul Gani Mir, deputy inspector general of police for central Kashmir and Leh, says that no girl was brought to them and that no dna tests were taken.

What's going on here?

He probably didn't get the voicemail that was left for him about it. Obviously the sun did

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

lukesmom wrote: »
    I wouldn't say she was even taken out of Portugal. I'd say whoever took her (probably a paedo) freaked out by all the media coverage of it everywhere and buried her.

'I'd say', like everybody else, you don't have a clue what really happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

kylith wrote: »
    DNA usually takes a few weeks.

"Did I say 8 to 10 weeks? Cause I meant seconds..."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I hope they find her. My gut instinct is that she is dead though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

So basically, it's much ado about nothing??!
    Just another false rumour, like Loughnane's 'death'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

Honey-ec wrote: »
    "Did I say 8 to 10 weeks? Cause I meant seconds..."

you're in the Stonecutters too?

I feel sorry for the McCann's... tragic..
    Poor Madeline..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

KeithAFC wrote: »
    She died in the apartment.
    by the way you write or express yourself, you seem to be certain about maddies demise, then since you seem to know so much, if this is true, where is her body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

The amount of misinformation on this thread alone, its no wonder the poor girl has never been found.

People pick up a Daily Mail and know the facts.
    People watch Sky News for half an hour and thats it, they know what happened, case closed.

I hope the poor girl is happy, whoever has her.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

There was a girl spotted, and DNA samples were taken.

It said so in a tabloid

And they never get it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Just another false rumour, like Loughnane's 'death'?

You mean, he's NOT dead ???? :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

K-9 wrote: »
    WRONG

WRONG.

WRONG
    You're just making stuff up..:confused::confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement