Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I got in the post today!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

9968728166_1c730a5620.jpg

And the legend of the broken lids is untrue...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

jpb1974 wrote: »
    And the legend of the broken lids is untrue...

Mmm, lucky you. Very nice.

For anyone curious.

http://www.pannacrema.com/en/

Picked up this monster on eBay from Ace Shaving (China)...

10051670384_c3a536b26b_z.jpg

29mm knot... and has the potential to break your toe if dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Picked up this monster on eBay from Ace Shaving (China)...

29mm knot... and has the potential to break your toe if dropped.

Dear lord! Just how big is your face? :P

I searched for that brush after you said who it was sold by. Nearly 200 grams... madness.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you've used it a few times.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I've taken a bit of a gamble on a razor on ebay......I'm hoping there are no cracks in the blade.

Well it arrived today and there are no cracks. There is a bit of damage to the point of the blade though.

a17cd2.jpg

The grind of the razor is a little different than I thought it was going to be.

• Advertisement

So this arrived today.

fc90fl.jpg2ppk7k4.jpgf04yvs.jpg

It shall eventually house a 24mm silvertip knot. Just need to order one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

New stand arrived from china

H2ZPXTqh.jpg

Courtesy of:

shaving.ie > Safety Razors > Stainless Steel Razors > Shave Craft Bulldog Stainless Steel Handle

http://www.shaving.ie/products/shave-craft-bulldog-stainless-steel-handle.html

For sale on the iKon website too, a copy of one of their designs, I don't think it is manufactured by iKon though.

No iKon logo, which suits me fine, no logo of any sort.

I thought I'd buy it now, instead of being disappointed, closer to Christmas.

4do0.jpg

bnr7.jpg

My Parker 91R handle, under the newly purchased Shave Craft handle.

vdke.jpg

Finally, the Shave Craft handle fitted with a Mühle R106 razor head.

Lovely heft to the handle. I'd been angling for a steel handle for a good while, delighted with my purchase.

a17cd2.jpg

So the above razor was sent out to be restored. One of the pictures of the restored razor below :cool:

img0632-kopiowanie.jpg

Go here to see the rest of the pics.

Needless to say, macrob77 does awesome work.

It is very hard to accept that macrob77 hasn't used some fancy electroplating or similar. Amazing transformation.

The above is just the result of lapping/burnishing/polishing, so?

• Advertisement

I think he uses a dremel or something similar with sanding drums and polishing pads.

He also has a talent for making new scales.

So I got the itch to try a new type of razor. An injector type razor, to be exact. So in the last few days these arrived.

2rqp01h.jpg24f0ke0.jpg
    100 injector blades and the injector razors (and a single edge)

From top to bottom there is a Gem single edge razor, a Schick Type E injector (1935-1945) and a Pal Adjustable injector.

I only paid for the Pal but they guy who sold it to me had a delay on posting it to me so he put the other two razors in the package for free.

I've tried single edge razors like the Gem previously so I'll decide what to do with that in a few days. I have an idea in mind for the Type E injector but need to think about it for a couple of days and possibly run it by a Moderator.

That adjustable is a treat for the eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Dramatik

So the above razor was sent out to be restored. One of the pictures of the restored razor below :cool:

Go here to see the rest of the pics.

Needless to say, macrob77 does awesome work.

Nice work, I'm a sucker for the translucent scales ;)

I got some EDT and cologne samples today from Penhaligons. Very spiffy looking sample tin, I must say. There are 5 samples in the tin and those sample look pretty cool too.

33kw1nd.jpg6i5fmw.jpg

The wrapping paper they use is neat.

5120ib.jpg

*edit* I also picked up some Gibellini X-Bolt when I was in Lidl today. It's supposed to smell like Hugo Boss Bottled and is only 4 quid. I don't have Boss Bottled to compare it to, but it is nice.

Had a stainless steel Weber stainless steel razor (w Bulldog handle) arrive yesterday.

Nice little bit of kit, good value for the money... significantly cheaper than other stainless steel razors on the market.

With the Weber razors being stainless steel I thought they were in the same general price range as the feather stainless razors. I was pleasently surprised when I actually just had a look.

This is what arrived for me. It's a 23mm silvertip knot.

2cdwcup.jpg

€64.30 delivered.

That's like half the price of the other stainless razors on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

That's like half the price of the other stainless razors on the market.

I prefer my Weber to my iKon.
    I liked the Weber so much I bought a second as backup!

• Advertisement

You got to wonder just why the other companies charge so much.

Aye... you would wonder alright. €60-70 is about as much as I'd want to pay.

Paid last Friday, shipped Saturday and arrived yesterday... so decent service too.

Arrived from the States today... only cost a few dollars each and about the same for shipping

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blue-Medical/_i.html?_nkw=shave&submit=Search&_sid=323213158

11071909644_7ef794ab58_z.jpg

Thanks for posting the link - I may have to try both of those out at some point.

Had some Bogazici Lemon Cologne from Turkey arrive during the week.

I use it as an aftershave and it's lovely stuff... exactly as I remember it 15 years ago when I had a SE shave from a Turkish street vendor in Kusadasi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Had some Bogazici Lemon Cologne from Turkey arrive during the week.

I use it as an aftershave and it's lovely stuff... exactly as I remember it 15 years ago when I had a SE shave from a Turkish street vendor in Kusadasi.

Bestshave.net are a good source for Turkish shaving supplies.
    (Apols if you've used already).

Half a Valobra Menthol from forum member hitemfrank.

He should be getting Pinaud about now also.. ;)

eo9z.jpg

6m18.jpg

Very very soft and malleable. It'll be rehomed in a Monsavon container, most likely. Unmistakable scent of a Savon De Marseille, with a mild dusty peppermint twang, following through.

I look forward to using it.

Bestshave.net are a good source for Turkish shaving supplies.
    (Apols if you've used already).

Arko in a bowl! ..finally. No more milling and pressing.

http://shop.bestshave.net/arko-shaving-soab-90-gr-with-bowl-new-p-235.html

uwyk.jpg

Amalgam wrote: »
    Half a Valobra Menthol from forum member hitemfrank.

He should be getting Pinaud about now also.. ;)

Very very soft and malleable. It'll be rehomed in a Monsavon container, most likely. Unmistakable scent of a Savon De Marseille, with a mild dusty peppermint twang, following through.

I look forward to using it.

I've never tried the Vaobra so let me know what you think of it.

The Pinaud arrived this morning as well. It's a interesting scent - one which I can't actually describe. I like it though, it's nothing like any of the other after shaves I already have.

• Advertisement

I meant to get a slant years ago, but never got around to it. I've always lurked around, 'Fasan' sales and auctions, as you can get some lovely razors at a keen price. White, transparent, jet black, red.. I recently missed out on a Trumpf, they are another German brand that made very distinct 'plastic/bakelite' slants.

0ns8.jpg

Just about the same price as a Merkur Bakelite. The brown residue seems to be from the cardboard box and can be rubbed off.

Advertisement