Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I got in the post today!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

That will serve you very well.

Here is what I got yesterday. Not shaving related but I've not had any really exciting shaving stuff to post.

e6r3n4F.jpg

This just arrived in a massively oversized box from the US.

2gudyy1.jpg

Ever Ready 925 for restoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

A Parker 99r razor. Feels nice and sturdy in my fat paws. Looking forward to using it in the morning.

So yesterday this arrived

35m1mz7.jpg

And then today this arrived

qx3ne8.jpg

Now I just need some epoxy and seven 10 cent pieces and I'm good to go.

Not sure how to go about painting the lettering. I've tried a few things with the red brush and haven't been impressed with the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

hitemfrank - sorry a bit OT but just wanted to check do you get caught with customs when ordering from whipped dog?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I got my straight from Whipped Dog and no problem with customs.

Yeah you shouldn't have any issues. I've had 3 orders from him now without issues.

Nice guy to deal with too.

Cheers lads Stuck in an order for a sight unseen straight this evening. Wish me luck!

SeaFields wrote: »
    Cheers lads Stuck in an order for a sight unseen straight this evening. Wish me luck!

That's what I got. Did you get the poor man's strop kit too?

Orion wrote: »
    That's what I got. Did you get the poor man's strop kit too?

Yeah I intend getting that too. I haven't officially ordered anything yet-just filled out my details on the website so waiting to hear back from him.

• Advertisement

Straight razor from Whipped Dog that arrived during the week. tried it out last night. Lots of practice needed but didn't fatally cut myself which is always a good start.

394941.JPG

It took 20 days from Russia but my blades finally arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

hitemfrank wrote: »

I've loads of those blades, there not bad at all and cheap enough too.

The only reason I'm trying them is because of how cheap they were. If they don't work for me I'll give them away so even if I don't like them someone will benefit.

I have a load of them too. My new go-to blade. As good if not better than feathers imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I bought a couple of the Rapira, Sputnik & Voskhod mixed blade packs on Ebay but find the Voskhod blades to be by far the best of the bunch, much better than the Astra or Wilkinson Swords blades I was previously using.

I think I'll just stick to the Voskhod blades from now on so if anyone wants any of the other blades let me know.

I'll take the Rapiras - got a free pack with the Vokshod and really like them.

I had a Muhle R41 head arrive today. Should be interesting to try out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I had a Muhle R41 head arrive today. Should be interesting to try out tomorrow.

How did it go?

Pretty good. I only shave every second day so I'll be using it again tonight so I'm hoping it goes as well again.

I'll have a decent idea of it after a week or two.

• Advertisement

Got these in an auction on ebay - razors £1.95 (for both) + £4 postage (UK only) + €3.85 parcel wizard. Both look to be in very good condition. Both Gillette. I wanted a razor for travel as I am in hotels a lot so picked this up.

396333.JPG

A travel Tech and an open comb ball end Tech. Looks like a bargain to me!

A travel Tech and an open comb ball end Tech. Looks like a bargain to me!

Cheers hitemfrank. Yes, I threw in a bid for a fiver and forgot about it! Nice to get the email to say I got them both for £1.95! How old would they be roughly do you think?

Have a look under the base plate of the head of each of them. They should have a letter and number which corresponds to a dating system Gillette used on their razors. The letter is the year it was made and number is the quarter of that year. Check the date code on your razor against the date codes in the below link to find out when they were made.

http://www.razorarchive.com/gillette-date-codes

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭MickH503

The only reason I'm trying them is because of how cheap they were. If they don't work for me I'll give them away so even if I don't like them someone will benefit.

Where did you buy them from?

MickH503 wrote: »
    Where did you buy them from?

From a Russian seller on eBay. I'll try find the link for you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Got a delivery from italian barber today, the don marco smells amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

IMG_20160923_093043.jpg

La Toja shave stick soap. Not expensive, I'm told, from Spain. They smell gorgeous.

• Advertisement

colly10 wrote: »
    Got a delivery from italian barber today, the don marco smells amazing :)

How good are the razorock brushes? Looking at some of the deals on Italian Barber - loving the prices. Been meaning to try out razorock soap - any specific one you'd recommend. If it helps my go-to creams include ToBS Sandalwood and ToBS Grapefruit, Proraso Green and Palmolive.

Advertisement