Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archie's NFL/NCAA Log 2011/2012

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I just took 3.2/1 on kansas state to win outright for small stakes. So you think that's a good price?

I think it's a great price! Wouldn't have expected those odds for a money line bet in a million years.
    kmart6 wrote: »
    Being sarcastic dude!

Always hard to tell on here :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Pity about Virginia Tech last night, NC got a 60-ish yard pass in the last quarter for a TD :(

Still, 4 more doubles left :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,033 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Cam what ya think of overs in the Kansas State At Texas game?

Headshot wrote: »
    Cam what ya think of overs in the Kansas State At Texas game?

What's the line at?

Cam Newton wrote: »
    What's the line at?

Over (54.0) 10/11

• Advertisement

Over (54.0) 10/11

I'd lean towards the under for a few reasons.
    • Both run-first offences which takes more time off the clock
    • Texas very good against the run
    • Texas missing their best player and leader, with their other running backs banged up
    • The above might mean they have to pass more, and their QBs are meh
    • All Kansas State want to do is win, no motivation to run up score

Having said that, it is a low enough spread for a college game so I wouldn't bet the house on it - would never go big on an under in college football. I'd still rather go with Kansas State, even at the +7.5 they were earlier today (that could have moved since though, haven't checked).

phew Cam you have me worried there, I was about to jump for it

Thanks mate for the advice

Guess who's gonna feel like a dick if it goes over?

:(

Guess who's gonna feel like a dick if it goes over?

:(
    Dont worry man

If you hear a knock at the door, that will be me hunting you down lol

Dont worry man

If you hear a knock at the door, that will be me hunting you down lol

I'll just charm you by telling how shít I think MW3 is and how I've already given it away! :pac:

• Advertisement

I'll just charm you by telling how shít I think MW3 is and how I've already given it away! :pac:

Good man

All is forgiven :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Get the finger out Oklahoma! (at the very least Kansas win with my +9.5 to salvage some kind of respect!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cheers mate kansas came up outright too!!! Plenty of bookies money taken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Cheers! Sickened I only had a smallish stake to win outright, the plan was to top that up and go on the spread too. Forgot the game was on though. Still, im not one to turn up the nose at a 3/1 winner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Any tips for NFL today?

Only 2 I'd really like this week are Panthers +7 and Cowboys -7. Lions haven't been great really, and the reason the Panthers sucked last week was because it was after their bye week where the team isn't allowed practice or gameplan. They'll be much better this week, and Cam is too mobile for the Lions blitz to completely dominated. Cowboys simply because Romo and his receivers are on fire, as his DeMarco Murray, and the Redskins absolutely stink.

Well sadly, my final weekend was a losing one. Apologies to anyone who took the tips, it truly was a wacky weekend in college football. I'm finished with this log for now, as I don't plan on placing any substantial bets in the run up to Christmas - better things to be spending money on! What I will do hopefully is start a new thread, and just give a couple of tips each weekend for the rest of the season (rather than placing a number of doubles using the old system) and rather than keep track of profit loss, I'll simply keep track of winning bets and losing bets. I'll ask a mod to lock this thread in the meanwhile.

Thanks to all who followed and contributed. We made a nice little profit and hopefully the new thread will have a few winners. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement