Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

God that was disappointing :mad:

I read the reviews on here so was not expecting much.

Have only played Leon Chris scenario so far.

The Leon one looks good the atmosphere and visuals are great but ruined by few things. The stupid "bling" bonus sound when you collect ammo/health. When you shoot Zombie you get no sense that damage is being done and then there head explodes even if you put 5 rounds into their chest. They then "melt". And the final thing is the stupid co-op that feels exactly like Resi 5. This was the scenario that I had high hopes for so very disappointed.

The Chris scenario. Feels like any COD or Battlefield I have played. Not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yes, the co-op is also dreadfully awful.
    Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Can I also bring up another point.

Do we now have to believe that Leon S. Kennedy, a man who survived Raccoon City and who then went to a European village and and took plague infested community and rescued the Presidents daughter, is now incapable of kicking in a door by himself.

Ridiculous :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Amazingly, im considering not getting this now. Never thought i'd see the day. Anyone sign of a review of the final game anywhere?

Although, it has just occurred to me that the demo for revelations made it seem rubbish too, which isnt the case (apparently).

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Seen 3 reviews of it so far.

90/100 from offical playstation magazine (USA)
    88/100 from play magazine (think thats another playstation mag in the States)
    39/40 from Famtisu (Japan)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Amazingly, im considering not getting this now. Never thought i'd see the day. Anyone sign of a review of the final game anywhere?

Although, it has just occurred to me that the demo for revelations made it seem rubbish too, which isnt the case (apparently).

Jaysus, that demo was terrible.

Leons part, was alright, but just didnt grab me at all, and that part in the police car... pointless.
    As someone already said, when shooting enemies in the leg, chest, anywhere except the head, the head rolls off :confused: and you dont get a sense that your bullets are doing ANY damage, until the head rolls. Kinda hope this has all changed on release.
    Was kinda hoping they would bring back the Merchant from RE4, even just for Leon, but no, its all changed, again.

Chris's part, was just Gears or COD, terrible (and I liked RE5, even with AI Sheva, with a rifle).

And the last guy, I couldn't bring myself to finish his demo.

Now I know to never judge a full game on a demo but this has made feel that I wont be buying this new...

With Revelations on the 3DS, god damn, Capcom got it so right in that game, loved it!
    Kinda hard to go onto RE6 after that for me. maybe I'll just wait for Revelations 2 in the next year or whenever that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,623 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pre-ordered mine with Gamesnash. Only paid 29 euro with credit and voucher so even if it is really sh*t, I'll get 30 quid trade in somewhere.

Capcom said if enough people want Resi 2 remade, they will look into it. I'd love to play through it again on PSN but i'm afraid my memories of it will be ruined with crap movement, camera angles and loading doors. I'd love a remake but would prefer if another company was put in charge of it.

Still no word on a pal version with the RE4 +CVX downloads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Still no word on a pal version with the RE4 +CVX downloads?

The Archives/Anthology Editions? No, I don't think we'll be seeing PAL versions any time soon. A pity!

For the record, I'm quite enjoying RE6. I've finished Leon's campaign and I'm about on Chapter 3 of Chris'. It's certainly too actiony, but the story is great and I love how the campaigns tie together.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,623 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah have to say, i'm actually having a lot of fun in co op mode. Brightness up full but putting the brightness up on the telly helps more. Playing offline enables the pause so my main gripes are fixed. on chapter 3 of leon and the action is non stop with some good set pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I really don't get the darkness thing, I'm playing with default brightness in co-op and neither of us have a problem on either TV!

Playing Chris' Campaign now, not remotely as good as Leons but still entertaining and enjoyable.

So I folded and bought re6 at the weekend after reading a few reviews saying its better than the demo (which I just couldnt finish) and have to say, I'm enjoying it! Only on Leons part, I know I wont like Chris's part too much, Jake might be good tho. Camera is much better in the full game for some reason.

One thing tho, I was hoping they would bring back the Merchant, at least for Leons part.

Loads to do in it, so, well worth the full price in my eyes!

Played the demo again and I can't get over how clumsy it feels.
    Is it the same in the finished game or did they fix it?

Full game feels A LOT better than the demo!!!! I dont know why, but the camera is a lot better.

I know I wont like Chris's part too much

I had low expectations going into Chris' campaign, but I actually really enjoyed it. RE6 makes Chris more interesting than he's ever been before!

Finished Jake's campaign last night, his story is interesting too. I like how different the three campaigns are.
    Loads to do in it, so, well worth the full price in my eyes!

Yeah, there's a huge amount of value in RE6. Some of the reviews referred to it as "bloated", but I never thought the game was dragging! As a fan, I know I'm positively predisposed towards an RE, but I think the negative reviews were dead wrong about RE6. Frankly, it fuels my mistrust of the gaming press; it seems there's a bit of a groupthink mentality going on. It seems like many reviewers decided they were going to hate this game before it came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

So how is everyone finding RE6??

Better than expected from what I'm seeing here...even if its not sticking to the traditional RE

Hopefully get to play it tonight for the first time and am looking forward to it ;)

brinty wrote: »
    So how is everyone finding RE6??

Finished all the campaigns, really enjoyed it. The way the story comes together is quite satisfying! I'd say I enjoyed it as much as 5 (which I really enjoyed, despite the emphasis on action). I'd strongly advise against reading too many forums about the game, people are being stupid with spoilers.

I kinda like that people are being so negative about the game, it's like I've found something they haven't! My friend said that I'm being a bit hipster about RE6...but it reminds of the olden days of gaming, when it was all a bit niche.

I'm also hooked on Mercenaries. The combat is seriously fun, got my first S rank yesterday. Gonna unlock all the characters soon!

Controls feel all clumsy and clunky.

Raging, I got home at the weekend, all set for a Resi marathon and my PS3 had gotten the YLOD...
    Have it with me to try and get it fixed during the week and home and try again at the weekend..My No hope Left editions sits idle...:mad:

My No hope Left editions sits idle...:mad:

You can always wear the hoodie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I've been playing RE6 on-off since launch date, completed Leon and Chris's campaigns and just starting chapter 3 of Jake's story. Have to say I'm impressed so far, graphics are brilliant and the gameplay is for the most part really fun. I'm particularly impressed with the NPC design, some of the enemies are genuinely repulsive and grotesque. The guy that straddles you and eats your face is frightening! Some decent bosses in there although the battles with the Ustanak seem to be all just running away and shooting red barrels (one video game cliche that will never go away!). Stealth section was quite good though!

I was delighted to find that Leon's campaign featured
    an underground lab
    , brought back some great memories of the first game. Plenty of unsettling moments.

I thought Leon's campaign was better than Chris's, it seemed to get the mix of action and old-style RE gameplay just right without veering too much in either direction. Chris's campaign felt like a poor man's Gears of War at the start without the ammo! It does get better though, thankfully.

Took me a while to get a hang of the controls, I thought the designers could have done more in the way of in-game tutorials, it's a long time since I've bothered checking the manual and I don't feel inclined to do so now.

Also I find the cheesy dialogue really jarring, it's hard to take anything seriously when Leon and Chris are coming out with the same old badly-written dialogue, would it kill Capcom to hire some decent scriptwriters?

Also some parts of the game feel really frustrating with some cheap deaths. This was a problem in Chris's campaign when your partner AI just goes full-retard. The game does not give you enough ammo either. There's no point gearing a game towards action if you have to constantly conserve and search for ammo! This was addressed in RE4, why did they decide to regress? Appeasing the fan boys? Pah.

Other than that I'm looking forward to giving co-op and mercenaries a go! Gonna make me a Jill Sandwich!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Raging, I got home at the weekend, all set for a Resi marathon and my PS3 had gotten the YLOD...
    Have it with me to try and get it fixed during the week and home and try again at the weekend..My No hope Left editions sits idle...:mad:

Clearly this is the work of Ada Wong

Mr. K wrote: »
    You can always wear the hoodie!

Indeed I can Mr. K

Bloody nice it is too.... ;)

Clearly this is the work of Ada Wong

Clearly it is Defiler of the Coffin....

Damn her and her red dresses....

Agh hear a Leon..... AAADDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAA scream ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

So.... does this game get any good? I turned it off earlier out of boredom. Playing Leon's campaign and it's just cut scene after cut scene. Little bits of action here and there... Does it get better? Cos so far, I'm really disappointed.

Took me a while to get a hang of the controls, I thought the designers could have done more in the way of in-game tutorials, it's a long time since I've bothered checking the manual and I don't feel inclined to do so now.

Also I find the cheesy dialogue really jarring, it's hard to take anything seriously when Leon and Chris are coming out with the same old badly-written dialogue, would it kill Capcom to hire some decent scriptwriters?

Also some parts of the game feel really frustrating with some cheap deaths. This was a problem in Chris's campaign when your partner AI just goes full-retard. The game does not give you enough ammo either. There's no point gearing a game towards action if you have to constantly conserve and search for ammo! This was addressed in RE4, why did they decide to regress? Appeasing the fan boys? Pah.

Other than that I'm looking forward to giving co-op and mercenaries a go! Gonna make me a Jill Sandwich!

These were the biggest flaws I found playing the demo.
    Gutted that they still appear to be present.

I think I'll wait 'til I find this one in the bargain bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is it worth a punt for 25 euro , Saw it in Xtra Vision for that today price is dropping drasticlly fast

Still doesn't sound like a bargain.

So I finished Leons part, went on to Chris's part, just couldnt get into it and havent gone back to the game at all. That was about 3/4 weeks ago now.

My advice, wait untill its €10, just for Leons part, then its worth it.

How did they get this so wrong, was really looking forward to it!

Hoping for Revelations 2 next year for the 3DS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Just playing through Leon's part again, the only enjoyable part of the game tbh.

I was just thinking there, why doesn't the C-virus ( that big blue smog that engulfs Shanghai or wherever it is) effect Leon and Helena? Are they immune?

Advertisement