Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Dead Space 2 engine would do the job perfectly imo. Either that or go back to classic style.

Would love to see pre-rendered scenes drawn and displayed in 720p environments.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

sheehy83 wrote: »
    It would be class if they brought back a Resi 2 type format with a game+ playing as each of the characters on slightly different paths!

Would be great but that type of gaming is dead now.

I'm sure they'll just throw a new skin on Gears of War 3 or COD Zombies and call it RE6.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Would be great but that type of gaming is dead now.

I'm sure they'll just throw a new skin on Gears of War 3 or COD Zombies and call it RE6.

Very true. I had my hopes up for Resi 5 but was a bit of a disaster. I know they said they are bringing it back to survival horror so lets hope they get their action kicks out of raccoon city and then get back to business with resi 6.

Resi 5 was shaping up quite well but then at the last minute they changed everything to make it into an internet shooter. So even the best of intentions can get dashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

• Advertisement

2pm PST, thats 10pm GMT? BALLS! I really hope they go back to a cramped dark city at night time ala Resi 2. Just make it good again Capcom please.

CVG are hearing rumours that resi 6 is spose to be a mix of 4 & 5. scares of 4 mixed with action of 5. mmmm would prefer a mix of 2 & 4. looking forward to the trailer tonight!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332837/resident-evil-6-a-cross-between-resi-4-and-5-report/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I really hope the Leon/Chris/Ada thing is true. Things are certainly heating up...at last.

Ya leon and chris would make a badass team! Honestly dunno who I would pick to play as

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

RE 6 logo, courtesy of The Gaming Liberty...
    http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2012/01/19/boom-resident-evil-6-confirmed-logo-leaked/
    <edit>
    They don't like hotlinked images...

• Advertisement

Damn damo, just beat me too it, saw this on tgl as well. roll on november!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya leon and chris would make a badass team! Honestly dunno who I would pick to play as

I'd pick Leon without a moment's hesitation; he's less of a generic action hero!

So yeah, it seems we're getting a lot of RE this year. Suits me!

Ya chris was a roid shark in 5 but great memories of him in 1. They wrecked him in 5

That was unreal, wasn't expecting that much to be shown.

"It's like Racoon City all over again" Exactly what I wanted!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm impressed. This looks really really good. Anyone have any ideas regarding the release date? It looks like they've made a lot of progress.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Looks like a cross between 2, 4 and 5 to me!
    Zombies, Las Plagas/Majini style creatures, Leon and Chris!
    (And was that Ashley/Sherry?!!!)

Awesome, that looks ubelivable.

I thought it was Ashley too.

Leon looks a bit different.

Did Leon have to kill the president?
    WHo is the guy who is imune to infection?

It looks like it will be different scenarios hopping between different locations.
    Chris & Leon tracking it down from 2 different sides and come together at one final location?

Leon rocks.

"It has been ten years since the incident at Raccoon City and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place. Raccoon City survivor and personal friend of the President, Leon S. Kennedy, arrives to find the President transformed beyond recognition by a bioterrorist attack. Leon is forced to make the hardest decision he has ever made.

At the same, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance Member, Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Meh, mixed impressions to be honest. It looks too fast paced, and too much like every other shooter on the market today. The best thing about the original Resident Evil's is that they were slow paced, with challenges and puzzles to solve - with the occasional outburst that made you **** your pants.

I'm sure it will be decent, but Resident Evil died after part 3. The rest have just been shams, living off the name of what was a brilliant franchise.

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I thought it was Ashley too.

Leon looks a bit different.

On a second viewing, I'm sure it's Ashley, with the immune guy.

Leon looks a little like Sawyer from Lost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

dlofnep wrote: »
    Meh, mixed impressions to be honest. It looks too fast paced, and too much like every other shooter on the market today. The best thing about the original Resident Evil's is that they were slow paced, with challenges and puzzles to solve - with the occasional outburst that made you **** your pants.

I'm sure it will be decent, but Resident Evil died after part 3. The rest have just been shams, living off the name of what was a brilliant franchise.

you could say the same thing about dead space and that most definately is a brilliant horror game. loved every resi up until 5 thought it was a good game but not resident evil this however looks like number 2 and 4 mixed. it does look fast paced and actiony like 5 but i hope its that of dead space and i hope they dont over do it and keep an eye on it. im really lookin forward to this made my day really!!

dlofnep wrote: »

I couldn't agree more.

I'm completely blown away by that trailer, it is definitely too action orientated but the main reason I think that's a bad thing is because it certainly won't live up to the trailer when it is played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Seems in the vein of Resi 5.I'd say there's a chance of co-op with the immune guy charcter

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Seems in the vein of Resi 5.I'd say there's a chance of co-op with the immune guy charcter

i read on gamesradar that the pr guy for capcom said that there is single player and co-op. to be honest resi should be all about feeling alone i hate co-op but well see hopefully there wont be too much of it...he also decribed it as a "dramatic horror" rather than survival so theres lots open to interpretation at this stage...looks class though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Oh great, another action shooter :rolleyes:

I wonder if you can call in air strikes and command a small army..

Resident evil 6... More like Metal gear residents of uncharted evil and duty :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

i read on gamesradar that the pr guy for capcom said that there is single player and co-op. to be honest resi should be all about feeling alone i hate co-op but well see hopefully there wont be too much of it...he also decribed it as a "dramatic horror" rather than survival so theres lots open to interpretation at this stage...looks class though

Could be a case of 3 different stories,3 different interpretations.
    From the trailer it looked like,immune guy for the co-op,Leon for the old Resi style and Chris....I'm not sure about him,I'll have to watch it again

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Could be a case of 3 different stories,3 different interpretations.
    From the trailer it looked like,immune guy for the co-op,Leon for the old Resi style and Chris....I'm not sure about him,I'll have to watch it again

ya totally agree thought the same myself leon for the old style slow meandering through streets and corridors with an eery feel to it, chris for a bit of action like resi 5, and the immune guy for a bit of co-op and a new feel considering hes jumping around hitting people like rocky a lot of people are speculating that this guy is hunk which would be cool

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

First half of trailer :D
    2nd Half of trailer :mad:

Just keep to the slow shuffling zombies you ****s.
    There's a bit near the end where Chris slides behind a barrier that's straight out of GOW.:(
    I never liked those head sprouting things, I killed you you're dead ah FFS, bullet sponges, that's all they are.

• Advertisement

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    First half of trailer :D
    2nd Half of trailer :mad:

Just keep to the slow shuffling zombies you ****s.
    There's a bit near the end where Chris slides behind a barrier that's straight out of GOW.:(
    An awful lot of new feature in RE were ripped straight out of GOW.

Advertisement