Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I thought Revelations was supposed to be part 6?

/confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I thought Revelations was supposed to be part 6?

Nope, Revelations is a spin-off. It's actually set between 4 and 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Please return it to a more horror and puzzle solving approach, not saying it has to go back to the fixed camera view.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ah now, the plot did come full circle at the conclusion of five.

They need to stop flogging a dead horse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ah now, the plot did come full circle at the conclusion of five.

Meh. Wesker died sure but there was very little plot overall in fairness.

A dead horse that makes lots of money will continue to be flogged. I'm hoping 6 isn't a full reboot, the RE universe is still interesting. They don't even need to change the gameplay, just scale back the action, add more puzzles and focus on atmosphere!

A reboot would be weird. But I wouldn't be fully opposed to one if it was done right.

Rob2D wrote: »
    A reboot would be weird. But I wouldn't be fully opposed to one if it was done right.

They used the word reboot when they first mentioned RE6, but I imagine they meant moving on from Wesker as the villain, rather than starting again. At least, that's what I hope they meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

For the most part I think over the last 2 games in the main series it has become far too linear, then again that is mostly the case with 3rd person shooters I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

If Resident Evil 6 is survival horror then I will care, if not, I'm more interested in Operation Raccoon City

Oooh, someone worked on Resident Evil 6 cinematics: http://www.linkedin.com/in/spytlak

Small, but worth sharing...that's what she said.

Mr. K wrote: »
    Oooh, someone worked on Resident Evil 6 cinematics: http://www.linkedin.com/in/spytlak

Small, but worth sharing...that's what she said.

That say RE5

That say RE5

Oh...it does. I'd have sworn it said 6 when I posted it. Maybe it was a mistake that's been corrected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

its hard to see where else it can go in fairness,it cant go back to the old school zombies because the virus evolved it wouldnt make sense the zombie theme ended in 4.I think they are flogging a dead horse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

RE6... Leon wakes up mid plane journey to europe, RE4 and 5 being just a nightmare in his head..

Franchise saved and redeemed, pow!

That's not half bad! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

http://www.umbrellasciences.com/`

Well produced and suitably creepy.

Fun game....better actually win ORC at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

nix wrote: »
    RE6... Leon wakes up mid plane journey to europe, RE4 and 5 being just a nightmare in his head..

Franchise saved and redeemed, pow!

:P
    A-Trak wrote: »
    http://www.umbrellasciences.com/`

Well produced and suitably creepy.

That is savage :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭ImGettinPaper

As a big Resi fan I have to say I didn't even buy 5 after playing it with a friend. It's gone too "action" and not enough survival horror with ATMOSPHERE.

For me, Deadspace is the only game out at the moment that has the whole scary atmosphere and it's something any new Resident Evil needs to model.

Even Resi 4 wasn't scary but it had atmosphere.

Resi went pop. It needs to return to the roots for me to buy a new sequel.

Truth.

However, I really think you should give 5 a chance. Its a great action game in its own right if you can just forget the story.

Worth the price for Mercenaries alone if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Here's hopin'! Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Can it be redeemed without being rebooted though?

I mean, what made me love Resi evil was the characters, and they have already ruined Leons, Chris's, Claire's etc pursuit into umbrella and chasing down Wesker etc by turning those story arcs into a arcade shooter.

So with Resi 6 they will have to use total new characters or put those chars into a total new story arc, which is ropey to say the least.. I'll hold my breath though, i don't wanna give up on this series :)

A reboot would be nice. The GameCube version of resi1 was immense. Another remake would go down well (for ps3 :P )

If they used the Deadspace Engine and gameplay that would be great :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Rob2D wrote: »
    Worth the price for Mercenaries alone if you ask me.

Don't forget Lost in Nightmares.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 29,625 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It would be class if they brought back a Resi 2 type format with a game+ playing as each of the characters on slightly different paths!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr. K wrote: »

I took the numbers in the game to be co-ordinates... which points to a place called "Thunder Bay" in Ontario Canada

Advertisement