Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Galvasean wrote: »
    Well generally shot in 3D > 3D conversion. that said, apparently the 3D reissue of JP1 has some of the best 3D ever commited to cinema. I'd comment more if they'd hurry up and release it already! :mad:

Ah im just not a fan of 3D in any shape or form, find it gimmicky really and I'm also one of the people it causes headaches in.

But yeh hurry up, was only watching Jurrasic Park the other day still looks amazing to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Well generally shot in 3D > 3D conversion. that said, apparently the 3D reissue of JP1 has some of the best 3D ever commited to cinema. I'd comment more if they'd hurry up and release it already! :mad:

stumbled across this the other day, some guy recorded the audio of the audience at the 3D re-release in the States, over eager US audiences annoy me at times but when its something you've seen a load of times and people get into it its kinda cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Imported the 3D Blu over a month ago Jurassic Park 3D is fantastic allot of work went into it great immersion and depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

krudler wrote: »
    stumbled across this the other day, some guy recorded the audio of the audience at the 3D re-release in the States, over eager US audiences annoy me at times but when its something you've seen a load of times and people get into it its kinda cool.

Goosebumps! So many goosebumps!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

August my friends... August....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Giant sea dino in a lagoon? that's ripped straight out of the MEG books (which are great fun, and someone should really get round to making the movies)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm, so basically it's a retread of JP1 only this time the park is genuinely open & will (presumably) feature more extras & panicky crowds when everything goes wrong. There's nothing wrong with that of course - there are only so many variations you can make of the entire concept, a glorified palaeontological creature-feature - I just hope they don't try to slavishly echo the beats of the first film out of some misguided desire for nostalgia and nods to the fans; that almost never works.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hmmm, so basically it's a retread of JP1 only this time the park is genuinely open & will (presumably) feature more extras & panicky crowds when everything goes wrong. There's nothing wrong with that of course - there are only so many variations you can make of the entire concept, a glorified palaeontological creature-feature - I just hope they don't try to slavishly echo the beats of the first film out of some misguided desire for nostalgia and nods to the fans; that almost never works.

I always found it odd they never went back to the original JP, the sequels are both set on Site B. Would have been cool to see what years of unchecked dino breeding had resulted in on the original island. Or set it between JP and The Lost World with a cleanup team going in to try salvage what's left of the park. I never read the Lost World book but is there anything mentioned about what happened after Hammond and the rest left the park? they hardly just left it to rot.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I always found it odd they never went back to the original JP, the sequels are both set on Site B. Would have been cool to see what years of unchecked dino breeding had resulted in on the original island. Or set it between JP and The Lost World with a cleanup team going in to try salvage what's left of the park. I never read the Lost World book but is there anything mentioned about what happened after Hammond and the rest left the park? they hardly just left it to rot.

Wasn't the original thinking that all the dinos on Site A would be dead because they were engineered to need some su[pplement to keep them alive where as the ones on Site B never needed this, which was the reason they lost control of them. I think (Galvasean will know better) they changed since though that the Site A dinos evolved to not need the supplement or something "Life finds a way" and all that.

Could be good, I liked the angle of making
    T-Rex and the Raptors heroes of sorts, hell t-Rex alread saved the da in the first film anyway!

I still want the dino-men with guns idea to happen though :(

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wasn't the original thinking that all the dinos on Site A would be dead because they were engineered to need some su[pplement to keep them alive where as the ones on Site B never needed this, which was the reason they lost control of them. I think (Galvasean will know better) they changed since though that the Site A dinos evolved to not need the supplement or something "Life finds a way" and all that.

Could be good, I liked the angle of making
    T-Rex and the Raptors heroes of sorts, hell t-Rex alread saved the da in the first film anyway!

I still want the dino-men with guns idea to happen though :(

Malcolm asks Hammond in the beginning of the Lost World how the dinos are still alive without lyciene ( I think) on Site B too, maybe its just sloppy writing tbh. Although they probably engineered all the dinos with the deficiency as a safeguard from birth. Maybe the naturally born ones don't have it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I don't know sounds horrendous to be honest shot specifically in 3D and using tamed dinosaurs to fight the threat, sounds like a Piranha 3D in the making.

I don't mind the shot in 3D aspect if they're going to do 3D then doing it right is preferable to crappy post-production jobs. I avoid 3D where I can anyway. Tame dinos does sound absolutely stupid though. Whatever about a docile triceratops or something but a pet Velociraptor? pfff. They should go the full hog and make them like The Flintstones if they're going that stupid, flying to the island on a Pterodactyl, using a Brachiosaur as an escalator or slide etc.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's no more ridiculous than tamed lions and tigers really, the're just animals at the end of the day. T-rex harder to believe due to it's size I suppose.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's no more ridiculous than tamed lions and tigers really, the're just animals at the end of the day. T-rex harder to believe due to it's size I suppose.

I suppose, they are just animals at the end of the day, if they can make a killer whale do tricks why not a a giant lizard. we may finally get to see this:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Are we sure this isn't a reboot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Jaws meets Jurassic Park and Spielberg is not involved.

Hmmm,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

That sounds God awful,I'm pretty disappointed.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

syklops wrote: »
    Jaws meets Jurassic Park and Spielberg is not involved.

Hmmm,

Actually Jaws 3(-D) had a lagoon and was set in a Sea World-esque place with a new hidden monster, and was shot in 3D.

Is this basically Jaws 3, with Dinosaurs?

Instead of JP4 could we not get a brand new Dino Riders instead? Please?

edit: Jaws 3 sucked btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Take out all references to "tamed dinosaurs" and the rest seems ok and I love the lagoon idea to bring in some new characters although I'm not sure what the upper size of a Isla Nublar lagoon could be, seems it could be a bit small. Megalodon FTW! :) Or maybe a Mosasaurus, Tylosaurus, super-sized Liopleurodon or the like. Those would be spectacular and exciting additions.

On the t-rex taming thing though - imagine trying to tame a great white. Pretty stupid right? Now imagine taming a predator four times its size. They'll render the t-rexs and raptors totally impotent if they try to turn them into glorified pets. Idiotic route to go down. I just thought of that gorilla in Congo that was with the humans. *shudder*

For once I hope they don't pay too close attention to the latest Paleontological theories on some of the dinos. No feathers please ;)

for the love of god can Hollywood just make MEG, it's screaming for a decent adaptation, the book is pulp fiction nonsense but its supremely entertaining, in only the way a novel about a 70ft shark could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Tamed dinosaurs is the worst idea in the long sad history of bad ideas.

for the love of god can Hollywood just make MEG, it's screaming for a decent adaptation, the book is pulp fiction nonsense but its supremely entertaining, in only the way a novel about a 70ft shark could be.

They already did:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

^ You know what, I don't mind admitting that I own that on DVD :D
    </secret-shame>

It's a freakin' comedy masterpiece!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Tamed Velociraptors.........................WOW just wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

If they add some Cadillacs it could work.

• Advertisement

Tamed Velociraptors.........................WOW just wow

Really don't understand why this is such a sticking point, people have tamed predatory animals before. Go on youtube and you'll find videos of people rolling around on the ground with a pride of lions like they were pets. We have no idea how susceptible a dinosaur would be to be being tamed but it's definitely not outside the realms of possibility and it's certainly not the most unbelievable aspect of a film where velociraptors are taller than a man and we manage to ressurect them.....

Advertisement