Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,670 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

pixelburp wrote: »
    Admittedly, it has been a long time since I saw both sequels, but I seem to recall enjoying the grim tone & atmosphere of #3, along with the more straightforward plotting; Lost World felt like Spielberg on autopilot, a hack-job adaptation of the novel (which itself wasn't great, true) and a film that somehow made a T-Rex rampage through San Diego feel dull & pedestrian.
    I also remember the irritating child character managing to somersault-kick a raptor through a wall, so that's enough reason to hate on #2 ;)

Grim tone and atmosphere? They tweed up the classic musical score and had tonnes of cutsey family crap (at least in TLW Malcom and his kid didn't really like each other). Then you had weird stuff like Tea Leoni shouting through a megaphone, "What's a bad idea!?!?" on dinosaur island and a mobile phone going off in a dino's belly.

In it's defense, there were some cool bits such as the Spino tearing up the plane and the raptors were fairly cool overall.
    I can't forgive the ending though.
    A palaeobotanist has the authority to send in the marines now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Loved 1 and 2

JP3 was an abomination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Galvasean wrote: »
    That reminds me, there WAS a bit in the Lost World book where a T. rex humped one of the vehicles...

Don't remember that bit.

syklops wrote: »
    Don't remember that bit.

Or did he pee on it? Been a while since I read it, but there was a bit with a T-rex peeing/spunking on a vehicle window.
    Any takers?

• Advertisement

Or did he pee on it? Been a while since I read it, but there was a bit with a T-rex peeing/spunking on a vehicle window.
    Any takers?

As in do I volunteer to read it again to find the bit? Not now, but Ive got an 18 hour passage on a boat on Saturday. I'll fire it onto the kindle. I'll let you know if I find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Loved 1 and 2

JP3 was an abomination

I thought 2 was poor also. 1 is a classic though.

FreezeUp wrote: »
    I thought 2 was poor also. 1 is a classic though.

I liked 2 but part of that is down to my nerdy love of the hardware. The excursion vehicles, and the modded jeeps for catching the Dinosaurs. I think I drooled when I saw them first time round.

To be fair, nothing was ever going to approach the first one. JP 1 is a masterpiece. I mean, you know you are going to see as a movie with dinosaurs in it. You get a glimpse of the raptor at the start, but you are just as amazed as Alan Grant when you get the first glimpse of the brachiosaurs. Even now, when I watch it, I can see Alan Grants face, and then you see Ellie's face, and you know its coming, and the music starts and you hear the call of the Brachiosaur and its just amazing. The Lost World and everything / anything else was never going to beat that moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ha; according to Trevorrow the dinosaurs won't have feathers, recent discoveries be-damned:

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/statuses/314384734190985217

Ha; according to Trevorrow the dinosaurs won't have feathers, recent discoveries be-damned:

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/statuses/314384734190985217

Continuity is more important at this stage one would reckon.
    Also, if the dinos started sprouting feathers all of a sudden that could hardly be considered accurate either.

Something something frog DNA...

• Advertisement

You can keep your Jurassic Park 4, The Asylum's Age of Dinosaurs looks like the kind of low budget trash that's guaranteed to be perfect post pub fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I hope T-Rex gets revenge. It will be like Rocky defeating Apollo in Rocky II. T-Rex the underdog comes back from the clutches of death, only to knock out the Spinosaurus by vicious headbutt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Lost World felt like Spielberg on autopilot, a hack-job adaptation of the novel (which itself wasn't great, true)

I enjoyed the book, thought there was some really chilling moments like when the 'raptors are darting across the field to attack someone, but in full view of the person rather than under the cover of the high grass like in the movie, and when they were jumping up at the tree house / hide trying to get the people up there. Also the T-Rex feeding the baddie to his young was better i.e baddie realised he's been lured into the T-Rex's nest for that purpose.

Richard Attenborough has been moved to a care home due to 'deteriorating mental health'. I guess that's the last we'll see of John Hammond so. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Richard Attenborough has been moved to a care home due to 'deteriorating mental health'. I guess that's the last we'll see of John Hammond so. :(
    Ah crap, that's really sad news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

:( that's horrible news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9954199/Film-director-Richard-Attenborough-moved-to-care-home.html

Article on it here, poor man but hopefully him and his wife are living in comfort there!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Only logical route is to get David Attenborough in there :pac:
    article-1339263-0C7FBFC5000005DC-128_634x466.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Only logical route is to get David Attenborough in there :pac:
    article-1339263-0C7FBFC5000005DC-128_634x466.jpg

Or have him do a documentary on Jurrassic Park as if it was real.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Or have him do a documentary on Jurrassic Park as if it was real.

Oh heavens no! Enough people thought that mermaid mockumentary was real..

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Been postponed indefinitely
    In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release Jurassic Park 4 at a later date giving the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal’s beloved franchise. We could not be more excited about the vision that Colin Trevorrow has created for this film, and we look forward to watching as he and the producers create another great chapter in this franchise's storied history.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Trevorrow was out scouting locations and everything. Script problems, I assume. Although it was never going to be ready for next year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Been postponed indefinitely

Probably for the best, considering how terrible JP3 was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Postponed? Don't you mean extinct?

*gets coat.

Probably for the best. An overly-tight schedule ruined JP/// so I'd rather 4 wasn't a rush job too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Yeh good to see there taking the sensible approach still sounds like it's going ahead just not a rush job.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I didn't hate 3 :( I mean it wasn't the best film ever, but I liked it all right.

Then again, I've seen so many bad films because of my friends it's easy to see the good side of some films :P

Yeh good to see there taking the sensible approach still sounds like it's going ahead just not a rush job.

Confirmed for 2015.

To be shot in 3d.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Confirmed for 2015.

To be shot in 3d.

I was liking the first part of that post until I saw the 3D bit :(. Still be interesting to see what they do with it With Spielberg still producing hopefully it wont be a mess.

• Advertisement

Well generally shot in 3D > 3D conversion. that said, apparently the 3D reissue of JP1 has some of the best 3D ever commited to cinema. I'd comment more if they'd hurry up and release it already! :mad:

Advertisement