Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

SHC (29/30 June)
    Coill Dubh V Leixlip
    Celbridge V Éire Óg Corra Choill
    Confey V Maynooth
    Ardclough V Clane
    *Naas bye into the winners group

JFC (10/11/12 May)
    Group A
    Ballykelly V Castlemitchel
    Rheban V Cappagh
    *Grangenolvan bye round 1
    Group B
    Milltown V Straffan
    Two Mile House V Rathcoffey

IFC (10/11/12 May)
    Raheens V Eadestown
    Rathangan V Robertstown
    Caragh V Kill
    Ellistown V Nurney
    Kilcullen V Ballyteague
    Sallins V Kilcock
    Clogherinkoe V Round Towers
    Johnstownbridge V Castledermot

SFC (10/11/12 May)
    Athy V Carbury
    Suncroft V Maynooth
    Moorefield V Leixlip
    Confey V St Kevins
    Monasterevin V Clane
    Allenwood V St Laurences
    Celbridge V Naas
    Ballymore V Sarsfields

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

SFC (10/11/12 May)
    Athy V Carbury
    Suncroft V Maynooth
    Moorefield V Leixlip
    Confey V St Kevins
    Monasterevin V Clane
    Allenwood V St Laurences
    Celbridge V Naas
    Ballymore V Sarsfields.

Nice ties there athy v carbury should be a great game
    naas v celbridge should be another.
    Sarsfields and moorefield should win their games

Is it the same set up as last year with the back door system?

SFC (10/11/12 May)
    Is it the same set up as last year with the back door system?

It is as far as I'm aware. Repeat ties at the knockout stage will not be allowed this year which was not the case last year.

Kildare Senior Football Championship Tuesday 30th April 2013, 19:00
    Outright Betting Hide
    Moorefield
    11/4
    Sarsfields
    3/1
    Athy
    10/3
    St Laurences
    11/2
    Carbury
    15/2
    Celbridge
    9/1
    Clane
    18/1
    Naas
    18/1
    Leixlip
    25/1
    Allenwood
    28/1
    Confey
    28/1
    Ballymore
    33/1
    Maynooth
    33/1
    Monasterevin
    33/1
    St Kevins
    50/1
    Suncroft
    80/1
    Each Way Terms 1/3 places 1,2

It wouldn't be a major shock if any of the top six in that market won it out. It looks very open this year. The Sash are going to have problems at midfield unless they can get Earley patched up again for one last hurrah. Moorefield have had a good start to the year but they will still struggle to finish teams off without quality inside forwards. Kevin Feely is a loss to Athy but the continued development of David Hyland and Niall Kelly will help offset that loss. They would be my favourites if I was pricing it up. Larries are a quality outfit and will be thereabouts. Carbury have been very unlucky in recent years but they're probably one or two players short still. Celbridge haven't kicked on since they won it back in 2008 but they will have Mark O'Sullivan back and he could form a very potent inside forward line with Paddy Brophy. I think Kevins will go down. Suncroft are always everyone's fancy for the drop but they always seem to hang in there. As long as Killian Brennan and Rainbow tog out and Dowling stays fit I think they will stay up.

Best of luck to the under 21 team in Portlaoise tomorrow night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Fair play lads. Well deserved Leinster championship by the looks of it. I don't think our U21s were actually too bad but yere lads were just class apart once they got going in Navan 4 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Fair play lads. Well deserved Leinster championship by the looks of it. I don't think our U21s were actually too bad but yere lads were just class apart once they got going in Navan 4 weeks ago.

Thanks hammer exciting seeing our younger teams showing promise..

Great to see Meath on a great run.. I said it ages ago in Meath thread I thought even after shaky start ye would still win promotion

Fantastic win and delighted for the lads. We were nervous and I don't think too many of our players played to what they are capable of. Longford were very dangerous on the counter and defended very well to be fair. Hurley and Moolick were superb in the middle and Paddy Brophy was a constant threat in the full forward line. Great to have two semi finals to look forward to over the next fortnight. I don't think anyone would have anticipated that at the start of the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Great to see Meath on a great run.. I said it ages ago in Meath thread I thought even after shaky start ye would still win promotion
    Hold that thought til Sunday :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Well done Kildare - great achievement - what chance a Cavan v Kildare final...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Kildare were hanging on a bit towards the end of that game. The injury to Longford's best forward Robbie Smith was big blow. In fairness the best team on the night won and it's going to take a good team to defeat this Kildare side now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Team for Sunday v Down:
    Connolly

Lyons Foley McGrillen

Bolton P Kelly E Doyle

Daryl Flynn O'Neill

Dan Flynn Callaghan E O'Flaherty

J Doyle O'Connor Smith

Great to welcome Daryl back to the fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It's certainly been no great run. Meath are an average D3 team right now (just like ourselves) and if not for injuries I'd have Fermanagh as a near lock to beat them in Navan on Sunday. Still think it's very possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

U21s play Galway in the AI semi-final, they beat Roscommon 1-17 to 2-11 AET.

Mr. Wong wrote: »
    U21s play Galway in the AI semi-final, they beat Roscommon 1-17 to 2-11 AET.

Repeat of the 1992 semi final at this grade.

Hoping for a better outcome this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Repeat of the 1992 semi final at this grade.

Hoping for a better outcome this time.

Tough game for Kildare. Galway gave Cavan a hiding in the U21 All Ireland final two years ago and a number of that team are still on this panel AFAIK.

Their captain this year played midfield that day and was outstanding.

In fairness this Kildare side would be a tad better than Cavan. I expect us to get the win and possibly set up an AI final against Donegal or Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

In fairness this Kildare side would be a tad better than Cavan. I expect us to get the win and possibly set up an AI final against Donegal or Cork.

Any evidence to support this?

blackbelt wrote: »
    Any evidence to support this?
    Dublin are gone so I don't have to explain myself to you.

Dublin are gone so I don't have to explain myself to you.

Oh great insight there. :rolleyes:
    Don't make statements you can't back up when somebody challenges you on them.

• Advertisement

Oh great insight there. :rolleyes:
    Don't make statements you can't back up when somebody challenges you on them.
    Have you lot not got a game today? Maybe go on your own discussion thread instead of trolling this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The Cavan U21s have won 10 of their last 11 games in Ulster at U21 level. They've now reached their fourth successive Ulster U21 final.

They also reached the All Ireland final two years ago (beating the Leinster champs Wexford in the semi after only a two day break between games) and the semi final last year.

Every one of the Cavan panel already had either an Ulster U21 or minor Ulster medal before this year began.

I'm not saying Kildare aren't better but I'm amazed you'd blurt out a statement as flippantly as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Lemlin wrote: »
    The Cavan U21s have won 10 of their last 11 games in Ulster at U21 level. They've now reached their fourth successive Ulster U21 final.

They also reached the All Ireland final two years ago (beating the Leinster champs Wexford in the semi after only a two day break between games) and the semi final last year.

Every one of the Cavan panel already had either an Ulster U21 or minor Ulster medal before this year began.

I'm not saying Kildare aren't better but I'm amazed you'd blurt out a statement as flippantly as that.

I think through the use of logic you may have proved him WONG ! :D

Looks like we'll be facing Dublin in the semis.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Looks like we'll be facing Dublin in the semis.

You are playing Tyrone, were never gonna be playing Dublin once you won.

We didn't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Dublin are top of the league so play Mayo who are 4th.

Have you lot not got a game today? Maybe go on your own discussion thread instead of trolling this one.

I can post on any thread I like and don't give me back cheek or argue with me (charter).I asked a question on Kildare after you made a statement on them.If you are not prepared to debate the point or tell us why you think Kildare are better than Cavan, then don't bother posting statements like that.

I am not saying they are not but I would like to know how you came to that conclusion.

I can post on any thread I like and don't give me back cheek or argue with me (charter).I asked a question on Kildare after you made a statement on them.If you are not prepared to debate the point or tell us why you think Kildare are better than Cavan, then don't bother posting statements like that.

I am not saying they are not but I would like to know how you came to that conclusion.
    Sorry Mammy.

• Advertisement

Poor display today but we were very experimental in the way we lined up and a lot of the players didn't seem that bothered after half time. I don't think O'Neill will be tried at centre back again. I thought JD and Cribbin were our best players while both Hurley and O'Connor did well when introduced. Tyrone in Croke Park next Sunday will provide another good opportunity for fine tuning things and getting some more game time for players like Flynn, Callaghan and Smith.

Advertisement