Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Ciaran Kelly red card

0-9 0-3

Two Ray Cahill frees from distance.

0-11 0-3

Moorefield in all sorts of trouble. Can't win a kickout.

0-12 0-3 at half time.

Moorefield going to need to produce something special. O'Connor, Tyrrell and Roli not in the game at all despite Sean Campbell's black card. Roli gone out midfield now. Ben McCormack kicking points for fun at the other end.

0-16 to 0-5

This game is over bar the shouting.

• Advertisement

0-16 to 0-8

Conor Tiernan red card

Sarsfields 0-17 Moorefield 0-9 (FT)

Championship blown wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Good bye to that moorefield 3 in a row :-D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Is that ballyteague out?

mightyreds wrote: »
    Is that ballyteague out?

It is. They should be able to push for senior football over the next few years. There won't be many teams out there with a better full forward duo than Hanafin and Hyland. Whatever happened to Gavin Smullen from Ballyteague?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

IFC Round 3 Replay

Sallins 3-9 Suncroft 1-11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

It is. They should be able to push for senior football over the next few years. There won't be many teams out there with a better full forward duo than Hanafin and Hyland. Whatever happened to Gavin Smullen from Ballyteague?

He did multiple cruciate damage, it really destroyed him, absolutely unreal in his day made it look like it was simple stuff

Edit: are we at the quarters now in intermediate I lost track my team is junior, the different set up makes ya lose track

Any one see the betting for the next kildare manager with paddy power. They have glen ryan at 1/2. Cian o Neill 9/4 and 16/1 bar..

I see they have ronan sweeney at 50/1 which mightnt be a bad bet considering he will have all the time in the world after today☺☺.

Edit: are we at the quarters now in intermediate I lost track my team is junior, the different set up makes ya lose track

Yeah IFC 1/4 finals will be between:

Towers, Straffan, Clogherinkoe, Kilcock, Raheens, Castledermot, Sallins and Ellistown/Rathangan (postponed due to a bereavement).

Draw will be held tomorrow night.

I see they have ronan sweeney at 50/1 which mightnt be a bad bet considering he will have all the time in the world after today☺☺.

That's a low blow Roy! :D

• Advertisement

Senior and Intermediate championships are now at the QF stage, Junior championship is at the semi final stage.

Senior: Sarsfields
    Intermediate: Towers
    Junior: Castlemitchell

You heard it here first.

He did multiple cruciate damage, it really destroyed him, absolutely unreal in his day made it look like it was simple stuff

Yeah he was brilliant on that u21 team in 2008. He was as good as O'Flaherty and Smith at that age.

Frustrating to think that Kildare team beat a Dublin team in Newbridge which contained Diarmuid Connolly, Philly McMahon, Paddy Andrews, Johnny Cooper, Kevin Nolan, Cian O'Sullivan and Tomas Brady. Only O'Flaherty, Smith and Chalky made it from that Kildare side.

Nib wrote: »
    Senior and Intermediate championships are now at the QF stage, Junior championship is at the semi final stage.

Senior: Sarsfields
    Intermediate: Towers
    Junior: Castlemitchell

You heard it here first.

Sarsfields were very impressive today but Moorefield really imploded and their kickout strategy made no sense with so many big men around the middle. Athy could go either way now that they've cast Kellaghan aside. They have the talent to win it, whether they have the heads is another matter. JTB, Naas, Larries, Carbury and Confey will all feel they have some chance now that Moorefield are gone. Sarsfields just don't hold the same fear factor for these teams. If Celbridge could have Paddy Brophy available for the latter stages I think that could be a game changer.

As a sash man yeah today was a great victory over the other side of town. We did play well and I knew if we could keep moorefield quite for the first 10 mins of each half we would win it.
    Are we the best in the county? ? I don't think so.celbridge are looking good they played really well the last day against moorefield and I wouldn't like to meet them just yet in the next round.

One thing about today's victory for the sash is now we have to go on and win it. The last time we stopped moorefield for 3 in a row we celebrated like we had won the championship and in turn celbridge went on to win the championship. But tonight we are all at home keeping the champagne on ice. 3 games to go up the sash

A few of those Sarsfields young players came of age today. I was impressed with Alan Scully, Con Kavanagh and Ben McCormack in particular.

Today had the feel of the end of an era for Moorefield. They won't go away but it's hard even for the best of teams to maintain dominance over a sustained period. The spine of their team is getting on a bit now and they need new blood.

I'd say there is a right few from moorefield had their last game today and fair play to them they had achieved awful amount over the last 15 or more years but the youth came through today.

I taught mcCormack played like a inter county player today very shape.
    I always liked young scully who was one of minors that also playing in the senior final the same day last year! Madness..
    Lawlor also played out of his skin.
    If sarsfields can keep these lads together they could the ones to beat over the next decade

SFC Round 3

Athy 3-16 Allenwood 1-9

Kevin Feely played for Athy.

SFC 1/4 Final Draw:

St. Laurence's v Sarsfields
    Johnstownbridge v Confey
    Naas v Athy
    Celbridge v Carbury

IFC 1/4 Final Draw:

Round Towers v Castledermot
    Clogherinkoe v Raheens
    Straffan v Ellistown/Rathangan
    Kilcock v Sallins

Towers v Castledermot is a serious grudge match after the fall out from last year's semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

You'd normally pick Sash, JTB, Athy and Celbridge to win but this year has been funny that it wouldn't be surprising if any of the others won

• Advertisement

SFC relegation semi final

Clane 3-14 Monasterevin 2-14

Monasterevin will play St. Kevin's in the relegation final.

Advertisement