Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

anyone played with an MLS team? Thinking of starting with NY Red Bulls with a view to moving to europe if successful

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

My Crawley Town side are now languishing at 7th place in League 2 after 3 wins, 8 draws and 1 loss.

The lads have a worrying trend of going 1 or 2 goals up and then conceding an equalizer in the last 4-6 minutes. It's infuriating!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

anyone played with an MLS team? Thinking of starting with NY Red Bulls with a view to moving to europe if successful

I'm tempted to try an MLS save because of the different system with the draft, sounds interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I'm hoping to get a job in the MLS in my career save, think it will be fun to learn all the new rules and salary cap etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,186 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Any way to stop youth intakes? They're all feckin useless and Albanian teams don't have reserves, so to get them out of my squad I have to release them, paying release fees!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Any way to stop youth intakes? They're all feckin useless and Albanian teams don't have reserves, so to get them out of my squad I have to release them, paying release fees!
    I dont have it open, but I'm 99% sure that is designated to your assistant. If you un-tick that job, the players will come on trial and you'll be able to decide who you want. I assume the assistant wont go over your head and sign them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Need some help here......... I'm coming up to my 3rd season with Arsenal currently in June and last season i won the league,Fa cup and got to the champions league final ( but lost :( ) i had kept 40million from january for a summer spend hoping for more money from the board, but they won't give me anything, i don't even get the option to ask..... so does anyone have any ideas what to do ??????

Also i put a bid in for Xavi at 25mil and was accepted by barca. but the player doesnt want to leave anything i can do to change his mind......:cool:

Ok I've had some great results before but I can't quite believe this:

Man City 0 - 7 Shamrock Rovers

In a group with City, Barca and Celtic, didn't get out of a group with Barca, PSG and RB Salzburg the season before, how on earth :eek:

blobby360 wrote: »
    Need some help here......... I'm coming up to my 3rd season with Arsenal currently in June and last season i won the league,Fa cup and got to the champions league final ( but lost :( ) i had kept 40million from january for a summer spend hoping for more money from the board, but they won't give me anything, i don't even get the option to ask..... so does anyone have any ideas what to do ??????
    Sell whoever you can, make your bids be in future payments/installments. The board might be nice and give you more money if you dont have enough to sign someone you've had a bid accepted for.
    Also i put a bid in for Xavi at 25mil and was accepted by barca. but the player doesnt want to leave anything i can do to change his mind......:cool:
    Talk him up in the media. Tell everyone how great he is and how much you'd love to work with him. If that doesnt work. Offer him loads of money. If that doesnt work, try someone else :pac:
    Bertser wrote: »
    Ok I've had some great results before but I can't quite believe this:

Man City 0 - 7 Shamrock Rovers

In a group with City, Barca and Celtic, didn't get out of a group with Barca, PSG and RB Salzburg the season before, how on earth

How are City doing in the league? They could be having an wful season and you got them at just the right time.

Don't have any other leagues loaded sorry, says they finished 2nd last season though if that's of any help.

• Advertisement

Is it normal for the game to get slower as you get further in? I'm coming up on 2018 now and it's getting pretty slow. Definitely not my PC anyway.

I might disable a few leagues and see if that helps!

Oh, and I won the Albanian Superliga in my first year, when the media predicted a relegation battle :pac:. I've never won the Albanian league in any FM before so I'm happy :)

Is it normal for the game to get slower as you get further in? I'm coming up on 2018 now and it's getting pretty slow. Definitely not my PC anyway.

I might disable a few leagues and see if that helps!

Oh, and I won the Albanian Superliga in my first year, when the media predicted a relegation battle :pac:. I've never won the Albanian league in any FM before so I'm happy :)

I think it does, must be data building up or something, takes ages to load when I'm searching for players.

And congratulations :)

Have you emptied your shortlist? Mine is going a bit faster since I did that and also removed a bunch of news subscriptions. I've set 5 leagues to off so when they disappear in June I hope it goes faster.

My Albanian team just gave me €1m to spend on transfers! I'm €700k in debt so I was expecting no money :eek:. Last summer I was given €6k iirc!

Edit: Ahh it makes sense now! Few days later I get a message saying I have got €4.18m in TV rights, wait, it still doesn't make sense :P

I wonder is there a mistake in FM for TV rights in Albania, no way in hell teams are getting that much for 26 games. I know the Supersport TV package only show 2 games a week!

I think it's only natural that it would. New players are generated for every active team every year, along with a whole heap of random players for other clubs. Just imagine the ratio of new players to retiring players. Your database is growing every year.

For those intrested, here is the list of regen dates for each country. I've gotten a few nice looking players by moving two or three scouts to a particular country a week or so before the regens pop up and leaving them there for a few weeks after. Found four quality Argentina players like this but couldnt get work permits for them so the board cancelled the moves. I'd have been willing to leave them in the youth team/loan them out until they got them, but nope. Cancelled. :mad:

October

1st- Chile

2nd- Brazil

5th- Iceland & Republic of Ireland

7th- Finland

10th- Colombia & Singapore

15th- African teams (dates tend to vary)

20th- China PR & Norway

28th- Peru

November

14th- Belarus

February

9th- Costa Rica

10th- Honduras, Jamaica, Guatemala, Panama, Nicaragua, Netherlands Antilles, Suriname, St Vincent, Guyana, Grenada, El Salvador, Cuba & Bermuda

March

7th- Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzeg., Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, New Zealand, Georgia, Andorra, Albania, American Samoa, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu, Croatia, Armenia & Malta

20th- Australia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine & Wales

25th- Austria & England

29th- Slovakia

30th- Belgium, Czech Republic, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Cyprus & Indonesia

April

1st- Bulgaria, Slovenia & Romania

7th- Denmark & Netherlands

10th- Serbia & Spain

15th- Argentina, South Africa & India

20th- Mexico

May

1st- Uruguay

20th- Mali

June

19th- Barbados, Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela &Trinidad & Tobago

September

1st- Sweden & Hong Kong

9th- Canada, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, U.A.E, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Macau, Yemen, Thailand, Tajikistan, Syria, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Palestine, Pakistan, Oman, Northern Mariana Islands, Nepal, N. Korea, Mynamar, Mongolia, Maldives, Macau (China PR), Laos, Kyrgyzstan, Jordan, Guam, East Timor, Chinese Taipei, Cambodia, Brunei, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Bahrain & Bangladesh,

10th- Burundi

15th- Malaysia

20th- Chad

27th- Russia, South Korea & U.S.A

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Managing Cambridge United, now in the championship after taking them up from the BSP. Just after defeating Gus Poyets Blackpool team and was gutted after the match to see he'd been sacked, which is the second time he's been sacked after results against us, he lost his Brighton job after a bad result against us last season too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

My long running game on FM11 is pretty much unplayable at 2021. It is officially more fun to watch paint dry now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Im in 2039 in my FM12 game and have had no speed issues yet

lads can anyone help me with this

ive got the jleague running in my game. got the database etc from this link

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/280680-%E3%80%90FM12%E3%80%91Japanese-League-DB-amp-Facepacks

but wthat i havent got are the real names for the clubs and the logos. any ideas how to sort it? thanks

and im begging.. can someone tell me, in very simple terms, how do i get all real names for all teams and competitions. this is the main thing pissing me off and i just want to get it done with. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Competition names I get from here... http://www.fmscout.com/i-1387-FM12-Susie-Real-Names-for-Clubs-Competitions-and-Awards-Fix---BETA.html

and logos and stuff, I guess something like this will do? http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm2012-metallic-logos-megapack.html

Just look on fmbase, fmscout, sortitoutsi and whatever else and you should find what you want I guess.

• Advertisement

The first link antomorro-sei posted fixes the name problems. Had that issue myself a few weeks ago.

You might not want to load below the Japan Football League, when I loaded the regional leagues and took over a team it started giving errors when I clicked on certain player profiles. The top 3 divisions are fine though!

Competition names I get from here... http://www.fmscout.com/i-1387-FM12-Susie-Real-Names-for-Clubs-Competitions-and-Awards-Fix---BETA.html

and logos and stuff, I guess something like this will do? http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm2012-metallic-logos-megapack.html

Just look on fmbase, fmscout, sortitoutsi and whatever else and you should find what you want I guess.

thanks. ive downloaded the names link and extracted to my documents/sports intertacive/football manager/data/db/1200/inc/all. i started a new game and reloaded skin and nothings changed. any ideas? its doing my head in

Signed this guy, only had to pay €190k compensation.
    Looks like he'll be a good player and he's already scoring at 16 in the Swiss second tier, but I wont get him until August 2019 when he turns 18 and can leave Switzerland!

masottirrr.jpg
    thanks. ive downloaded the names link and extracted to my documents/sports intertacive/football manager/data/db/1200/inc/all. i started a new game and reloaded skin and nothings changed. any ideas? its doing my head in

I thought the game could only be installed via steam now, no?

The path I used was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200

I deleted the 3 folders that were in there and replaced them with the ones I downloaded. Worked fine after I restarted the game.

Signed this guy, only had to pay €190k compensation.
    Looks like he'll be a good player and he's already scoring at 16 in the Swiss second tier, but I wont get him until August 2019 when he turns 18 and can leave Switzerland!

masottirrr.jpg

I thought the game could only be installed via steam now, no?

The path I used was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200

I deleted the 3 folders that were in there and replaced them with the ones I downloaded. Worked fine after I restarted the game.

right, extracted the real names download to the location you mentioned above, reloaded the skin and nothing has happened. will the canges only come in if i start a new game? very frustrating

right, extracted the real names download to the location you mentioned above, reloaded the skin and nothing has happened. will the canges only come in if i start a new game? very frustrating

Changes should happen after restarting FM2012. Starting a new game isn't necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ugh... just cmd + S my new game without changing the save name... so long my 30 year career in my first "autosave" game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Ugh... just cmd + S my new game without changing the save name... so long my 30 year career in my first "autosave" game :(

you poor b@stard, any chance that you had 2 or 3 different autosave games?

Changes should happen after restarting FM2012. Starting a new game isn't necessary.

sorry to mention this again. nothing has happened as of yet. it's the 12.1.1 database- do i have to change the "1200" to 1201 or 1211 or something like that? have logos and kits sorted- this is the last thing i need to get done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

danniemcq wrote: »
    aaronh007 wrote: »

you poor b@stard, any chance that you had 2 or 3 different autosave games?

Nay, it was my one and only save file. So so painful to load it up and find it in 2011 rarther than 2042 or so...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭menu14

Just finished my 1st season in the new game with Arsenal. Lost in Quarter Final of League Cup to Portsmouth, was playing my Youth Team. All 4 teams in the Semi were from the Championship, never seen that before. Beaten in the 4th Round of the FA Cup by Chelsea. Beaten in the last 16 of the Champions League by Rangers on Pens. Completely all my fault, won the 1st leg away from home 1-0, then the 2nd leg came around, had a big Match against Utd that weekend so played my 2nd team and lost on Pens. Won't be doing that again. Came 2nd in the league, lost out on the title on Goal Difference to Utd. Utd were away to Liverpool in the final game and were one point ahead, they lost 3-2 and I drew 1-1 away to WOLVES for the title. So annoying.

My team was: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny,Vertonghen, Gibbs, Song, Ramsey, Willian, Gearvino, Walcott and Van Persie.

Advertisement