Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

But surely, if someone is running away from a horde of zombies, the walkers don't suddenly stop because they only smell each other and forget about the living person running away.
    Thats exactly why she wouldn't run even if it were possible with 2 of them in tow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

it was just a link to tie the horde of the final ep of s2 to the first ep, nothing else about it.

no!!! It was 2 things - 1 you have mentioned which is just a visual gimmick from the writers, the important fact is confirmation Rick actually heard a helicopter as we had no confirmation of that. I think it's very relevant that he actually heard a helicopter. A helicopter was hardly taking a joyride over the city of atlanta, so it's likely there was some sort of scouting being done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im pretty sure I remember seeing a helicopter in the pilot

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Just saw the finale of season 2 tonight and these are my thoughts on it (haven't read the comics). I thought season 2 was a wreck right up until this episode.

Group should have had an evacuation plan from farm - they've been in a Zombie-infested world long enough to have figured that out. Other than that, the finale was very good.

I like how the decisions of the group are constantly being proven wrong - for instance, the farm house isn't levelled by the horde of Zombies in the end. They could have hidden inside.

Glenn is slowly starting to man up - as it's rapidly becoming clear to everyone that Rick doesn't have all the answers.

In fact, Rick is lost. His declaration of dictatorship at the end reeks of desperation and powerlessness. The minute he said it wasn't a democracy, he implied everything was falling apart because he had tried to accommodate them too much. Zombie Dale was probably spinning in his grave at the abandonment of yet another aspect of civilisation. He really has begun the slippery descent into compromise and sacrifice and acceptable losses. It seems that he has ended up on the same road as Shane.

Hershal looks like he could be taking over from Dale as a moral compass of the group.

However, T-Dog has started to grow into a real character. Remember earlier in the season, when he was injured, the heart-to-heart he had with Dale? And he's never quite blended back into being a background character since. He acts logically, driving towards the coast and away from the Zombie hordes.... it looks like he's acting somewhat sanely. I think he has moved on from being a token black guy to being someone with potential.

It would really be interesting if Lori had some sort of birth complication, resulting in a Zombie foetus!!! Probably lucky she threw up those abortion pills!!!

Carol seems to have gone a little crazy - but more importantly, seems to have become spiteful instead of grieving or coping with her situation. She probably wasn't the strongest to begin with, what with being in an abusive marriage and probably knowing her hubby was molesting her daughter. Then when she lost the hubby, she latches on to Rick's family and almost becomes part of it.... almost. When push comes to shove, though, she is only loosely tacked on to their family, and Rick certainly doesn't seem like he's treating her like Lori - that probably bred a resentment. Then the daughter gets chomped. She doesn't really have anything left. Daryl is the closest thing she has to a crutch to lean on... and he's not keen on that. So when we see her try to turn the group on Rick at the end, I think we're seeing her become a real disruptive force.

The new character that Andrea meets.... huh.... I don't understand the negative reaction. If I had to guess, she uses the bound/mutilated Zombies to help her find survivors.... at least that was my initial thought. Assume she doesn't know you don't have to be bitten or scratched to get infected.... if you want to find other humans, dress yourself in an entrails soaked cape, get yourself two spritely walkers, cut off their arms to make sure they don't scratch and sew their mouths together to make sure they don't bite, then let them lash off in the direction of humans.

The helicopter, though, now that's intriguing. It seems to be implied that the 'waves' of
    Zombies being encountered and mentioned by Hershal are caused by semi-regular flights over the city. My initial thought was of weaponised Zombies, ala Stake land. It may just be accidental - a search party of some sort - or it could be deliberate, leading the Zombies into a trap.

Can't wait for next season. :)

maybe you should watch it again so.

it's almost at exactly 1 hour into the pilot. Rick sees a reflection of something in a tall building and runs the horse in it's direction. We never get confirmation if he's hallucinating or if he actually heard a helicopter. (We see a grounded helicopter and tank on the streets).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

cjmcork wrote: »
    how long since Rick woke up to the point they're at now? Seems like months, but could in effect be just weeks???
    Just over three weeks.
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_show_Timeline
    I don't think they have done a very good job of conveying this in the show.
    It's possible she/he is collecting walkers for

(c) most likely, they are collecting them for labour you could use them
    to plough, move carts, generate electricity on some sort of treadmill device turn wheels or millstones or
    just like draft house or a mule
    Use them as a harness animal or a pack animal to do labour
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_animal
    If that is the most likely alternative, I'm sticking with the smell masking option. The thing about Mules are they don't try and eat the farmer. Also for the rest there must be easier ways to round up some zombies.
    Thats exactly why she wouldn't run even if it were possible with 2 of them in tow.
    But she couldn't just walk amongst the zombies either though could she? Because then you wouldn't actually need to be attached to two of them to walk through a horde as they would only be able to smell each other anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

I would delete that or you'll get lynched :pac:

But she couldn't just walk amongst the zombies either though could she? Because then you wouldn't actually need to be attached to two of them to walk through a horde as they would only be able to smell each other anyway.

Aswell as masking her less then deathly pallor her cloak is likely smeared in guts (ala what rick and glen did in the episode of the same name) to mask her smell , that in combination with the stench of the 2 zombies she has in tow likely makes her nigh on invisable to the zeds , that is unless she decides to do something really stupid and do something only a living person could do and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Season 2 was an absolute borefest bar the final episode and the episode where they executed the walkers in the barn. Too much endless yapping about fúck all, not enough zombies.

Whoever came up with that horse shít dialogue should be paddled to death.

1st season was great and moved fast and did what it said on the tin. Everyone of them was clueless, I've never wanted a cast to die so badly in my life bar Daryl.

psicic wrote: »

However, T-Dog has started to grow into a real character. Remember earlier in the season, when he was injured, the heart-to-heart he had with Dale? And he's never quite blended back into being a background character since. He acts logically, driving towards the coast and away from the Zombie hordes.... it looks like he's acting somewhat sanely. I think he has moved on from being a token black guy to being someone with potential.

A real Character ????? really ? T-Dawg is the worst case of a demographic fulfilling tokenism I've ever witnessed in a successful tv show , giving him a few lines at either end of a 13 episode season does not a character make , about the only things we know about him are his real name is Theodore and that he has no idea how to do a 3 point turn , so far I'm failing to see this potential you mention.
    The helicopter, though, now that's intriguing. It seems to be implied that the 'waves' of
    Zombies being encountered and mentioned by Hershal are caused by semi-regular flights over the city. My initial thought was of weaponised Zombies, ala Stake land. It may just be accidental - a search party of some sort - or it could be deliberate, leading the Zombies into a trap.

Can't wait for next season. :)

I have no Idea where you got that implication , the helicopter caught their attention they ambled off in the general direction it was heading ie. out of the city, and were then attracted by Carls gun shot as was all clearly laid out in the pre credit sequence of the last episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

A real Character ????? really ? T-Dawg is the worst case of a demographic fulfilling tokenism I've ever witnessed in a successful tv show , giving him a few lines at either end of a 13 episode season does not a character make , about the only things we know about him are his real name is Theodore and that he has no idea how to do a 3 point turn , so far I'm failing to see this potential you mention.

T-Dog.JPG

Don't forget that once he got some white women into the car, he was gonna make a run for the coast.

But dem bitches be trippin' yo.....

One thing i feel certain of - now we have confirmation there was a helicopter in flight, it leads to an obvious conclusion - someone was flying from somewhere to somewhere. Now i can't see them having a token helicopter in flight for no reason, so i'm gonna have a guess the helicopter might belong to the new character The Governor, scouting mission of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

One thing i feel certain of - now we have confirmation there was a helicopter in flight, it leads to an obvious conclusion - someone was flying from somewhere to somewhere. Now i can't see them having a token helicopter in flight for no reason, so i'm gonna have a guess the helicopter might belong to the new character The Governor, scouting mission of some sort.

That helicopter looked like a Bell 412
    which has a range of about 463 miles,
    Fort Benning is only 117 miles from Alanta.
    Operating a helicopter requires support structures in place. Fuelling, and maintenance, must be from Ft Benning

How close is Hershels farm and also the prison from Alanta?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

maybe you should watch it again so.

it's almost at exactly 1 hour into the pilot. Rick sees a reflection of something in a tall building and runs the horse in it's direction. We never get confirmation if he's hallucinating or if he actually heard a helicopter. (We see a grounded helicopter and tank on the streets).

We see the helicopter. And Rick sees the reflection and hears it too.
    Doesn't he say some thing about it either to Glen when he is in the tank, or to the group when he gets into the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Yeah, I'll give you that one. I think I was just excited at there finally having been a good episode and TDog being the only guy who made any sense after the fact. A vaguely remembered conversation with Dale earlier in the season also made me hope that there's more to the character, but so far, you're right... he's pretty tokenistic.

I have no Idea where you got that implication , the helicopter caught their attention they ambled off in the general direction it was heading ie. out of the city, and were then attracted by Carls gun shot as was all clearly laid out in the pre credit sequence of the last episode.

I didn't mean to imply that I believe they were weaponised Zombies, but I still believe that the waves of Zombies aren't migrating as has been speculated in the series, but rather are heading in the general direction of that the helicopter is coming from and are triggered by the helicopter visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Skinfull wrote: »
    Doesn't he say some thing about it either to Glen when he is in the tank, or to the group when he gets into the store?

He does, I just watched the first two episodes over the weekend. He tells them he saw a helicopter and they tell him there was no helicopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

I remember seeing a pilot in the helicopter.

I'll get my coat

I didn't mean to imply that I believe they were weaponised Zombies, but I still believe that the waves of Zombies aren't migrating as has been speculated in the series, but rather are heading in the general direction of that the helicopter is coming from and are triggered by the helicopter visits.

That the zombies followed the sound of the helicopter is not in dispute it's pretty clearly spelled out in the aforementioned pre credits sequence , what I'm still unclear on is why you think there have been multiple "helicopter visits" .
    Dandelion6 wrote: »
    He does, I just watched the first two episodes over the weekend. He tells them he saw a helicopter and they tell him there was no helicopter.

Being that they used the helicopter in the pre credits sequence to explain why the zeds were migrating in the direction of Hershals farm i think it's pretty safe to assume Rick wasn't hallucinating it and that Glen and the others were just indoors when it flew over.

sigh. where do we see a helicopter in the pilot???? all we see is the reflection in the tall building and the sound of it??!!

sigh. where do we see a helicopter in the pilot???? all we see is the reflection in the tall building and the sound of it??!!

sigh. as i mentioned in the post before yours wouldn't the fact they used that helicopter as the reason the zeds were on the move out of atlanta in that precredits sequence suggest it wasn't rick hallucinating.

Oh and seeing in a reflection is still seeing last i checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Only got around to watching the finale last night so few points which I'm sure have all been metioned already...

I figured they'd spend 3, maybe 4 episodes on the farm before shít went crazy, couldn't believed they dragged the whole season out on the farm.

I like bad ass Rick as long as he remains bad ass Rick. However I have a feeling they made him become the kind of leader he has to be just to add to his bad ass-ness in that episode. I have a feeling he'll be back to 'stupid second guessing and trying to save wounded butterflies Rick' that we've seen for all the two seasons at the start of season 3.

Carl. FFS. Seriously do they just not care what happens to him? Every ten minutes he's wandering off somewhere he shouldn't. I'd take the gun off him, give him a fúcking smack on the ear and tell him to cop the fúck on. Lori is as bad, look after your kid and stop assuming he's going to be usptairs where you sent him 2 hours ago.

Thought we were going to see Carol die in the last episode and I was so very very happy until Daryl saved her. I knew Andrea wasn't going to die but I certainly was hoping for it, although she got slightly more tolerable towards the end of the season when she was only píssing and moaning about every second thing instead of every single thing.

Other random points:

SWORDS! MOTHERFÚCKING SAMURAI SWORDS! I've been saying all season they need to go find some swords as they would be the best close combat weapon as they aren't too unweildy and if you chop half their head off there's more chance of a walker dying then hitting them with a spade.

Also what happened to the Walkers being able to smell people? In the first season Rick and Glen had to take a bath in Walker parts to walk through a crowd of them, but in this season we have people hiding from them no problem or the walkers not realising they're there until they make noise.

Was delighted Dale died also, I liked him up until he started moaning about every slightly ethical issue like a spoiled brat. Seriously, you live in a post-apocolyptic world overrun by zombies ffs, it's survival of the fittest, **** your morals.

On the above point Shane had the right idea for the most part. I was on his side until he tried to off Rick. He was willing to make the hard decisions that needed to be made instead of hmmming and hawwwing incessantly. Trying to kill Rick wasn't a great move though. Great character overall though and really drove the plot forward.

And as at the start of the first season, Daryl is really the only character that I actually am rooting for to live. He has the skills and the mentality to survive. He should just ditch the rest of them and sneak off one night, would probably increase his chances of surviving tenfold.

I'm kinda meh towards T-Dawg, Glen, Rick and Herschell. The rest can become walker munchies and I'd be pretty happy.

sigh. as i mentioned in the post before yours wouldn't the fact they used that helicopter as the reason the zeds were on the move out of atlanta in that precredits sequence suggest it wasn't rick hallucinating.

Oh and seeing in a reflection is still seeing last i checked.

i wasnt responding to you but you have validated my point so to be clear:

The helicopter in the pre-credits confirms Rick heard/saw a helicopter and was not hallucinating. That was the importance of the helicopter in the sequence, not merely that it attracted the horde.

In the pilot we saw a reflection and sound of something, not clearly, and Glen etc said you didnt hear a helicopter so it left it open that he was hallucinating. Now we know he isnt.

literally minutes after hearing the helicopter he shot the gun off in the tank, disorientated himself etc, so it's just a neat tie-in that he did hear/see it's reflection. My only point was to Sir Digby who said we saw it in the Pilot, it was always open ended until the pre-credits in the Finale confirmed it.

If you look in a mirror and see your reflection, it's still seeing yourself. If you look 300 feet away and 600 feet up at a fleeting reflection in the sun, it's not the same thing, we didn't actually see a helicopter definitively til the pre-credit sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

One of the worst shows I've ever consistently watched. I just can't hack it anymore, it's so bloody awful. A soap opera with sporadic appearances of zombies. Every scene of dialogue is between two characters when said characters are doing nothing. Soap opera style. Please let it die.

At first I was very much of the, "oh please! Something, ANYTHING happen" brigade.

Then I read the comic

Yowsers,

I truly appreciate the tempo of the TV series now. Without any spoilers, I think it's going to take a very sharp turn soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Frisbee wrote: »

Also what happened to the Walkers being able to smell people? In the first season Rick and Glen had to take a bath in Walker parts to walk through a crowd of them, but in this season we have people hiding from them no problem or the walkers not realising they're there until they make noise.

And as at the start of the first season, Daryl is really the only character that I actually am rooting for to live. He has the skills and the mentality to survive. He should just ditch the rest of them and sneak off one night, would probably increase his chances of surviving tenfold.

You know, that occurred to me too. They should also be able to open doors. They did that in the pilot episode. The black guy's wife tries to open the door to where Rick and him and his kid are hiding. I dunno. My theory is that, if they are newly dead, their insides have not completely rotted and deteriorated away and have some use still. But older, deader Zed's will be rotted up inside and won't really be much use.

Daryl for President.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

One of the worst shows I've ever consistently watched. I just can't hack it anymore, it's so bloody awful. A soap opera with sporadic appearances of zombies. Every scene of dialogue is between two characters when said characters are doing nothing. Soap opera style. Please let it die.
    thats what happens when you have no budget, happened aswell on season 2 of jericho, two people chatting in a random room is very cheap,

but with breaking bad finnishing up and the fact this pulls in 3 times the viewers of anything else AMC shows i would expect a bigger budget next year,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

Still won't be any good, every character is weak. The dialogue is awful too. Finished with it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Still won't be any good, every character is weak. The dialogue is awful too. Finished with it tbh.
    Bye then.

Advertisement