Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hygro wrote: »
    The show is based on a comic, it's about zombies ... it's not gonna be Shakespeare :)
    Is there any echo in this thread?

It's a natural response to people being overly harsh on the writers. The same way you're going to say the words 'internal logic' in 3...2...1...

And the next person is going to say "But it's just a fun TV show, chill out or stop watching." Then someone will threaten to give the first 7 episodes of next season a try then never, ever watch again because the sight of a child leaving his mother's care for the purpose of dramatic effect, frankly, appalls them.

It works both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

The show is based on a comic, it's about zombies ... it's not gonna be Shakespeare :)

On that note ...

PPZ.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's not really dramatic tension when the little **** runs off once every episode

MungBean wrote: »
    Maggie was upset and scared and didnt want to go back so Glenn got in the driver seat, told her he loved her, calmed her down and then they probably went back. Think Daryl also said something about finding him on the road so even if they were wandering off he may have gathered them up.

Wouldnt be so sure Maggie is the bitch in that relationship either. :D

I actually thought Glenn was gonna shoot his face off with the shotgun when he got into the car ...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

so if in season 3 the star trek enterprise beamed down commander worf and lt data to single handedly save earth from the zombie threat?
    That sounds all kinds of awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Just missing Picard bludgeoning zombies with a phaser rifle while shouting 'the line must be drawn here, this far, NO FURTHER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

I actually thought Glenn was gonna shoot his face off with the shotgun when he got into the car ...

Yeah I was thinking the same at the time. It was kinda set up so good for a heartbreaking accident.

"I should have said this a long time ago Maggie, I" *BANG*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

LOL. I wasn't going to negatively comment in this thread again but honestly I don't know how the fcuk can anyone who watches tv shows think this show is great.

For a start, the writing is pure garbage, and this has been well documented throughout this thread. Massive plotholes galore and plain stupid writing in every episode.

Most of the characters are useless and uninteresting (Carol, T-Dawg), some just pure annoying (Lori, Carl, Dale). The actors are not great at portraying the characters either. The guy playing Rick is useless, seriously, his voice is just so hamfisted. I laughed at his big speech at the end of the season finale. "It's not a democracy any more" - I don't remember it ever being a democracy as Rick always made the decisions. The characters are regularly inconsistent in their actions and do the dumbest things (see Lori for best examples).

As for the finale, what happened, we got half an episode of them getting chased by zombies, none of the stuff happening made any sense. Followed by some boring talk between the characters, like Glenn to Maggie "I love you, should've told you a long time ago." - even though he only met her 2 weeks ago - more bad writing.

Some of the killing zombies action is quite good, but it's not really anything we haven't already seen in countless zombie films. I think the biggest fans of the show have to be the people who love the comics.

I pretty much agree with your entire post aside from the bolded part , I think you have it backward there , fans of the comic are far more likely to be critical of the show then your ordinary joe as they are seeing their favourite characters and accompanying storylines either not introduced or badly executed. The biggest fans as you say, the ones that made up the majority of this season finales 9 million viewers are ordinary Joe's with no knowledge of the comics and thus preconceptions of how the show should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Well yeah but no. I'm a fan of both, yes it a bit annoying that the comic is better and the producers haven't coped on to what makes the comic good but its zombies on tv! so you put up with the soap aspect and hope that the two alpha males fighting thing that was done to death on lost will pass and and and agggh maybe you're right, it's just a TV show with zombies, I was mad to think it would be any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

You talked about her in the comics so you obviously already know her back story, I dont. I can only comment on what I have seen. So to call it unrealistic because she may turn out to be the same as she is in the comics is jumping the gun.
    Let's forget about the comics, I'm not taking about the comics but you are the one bringing them up. I can honestly barely remember her character as I was losing interest at that stage and it was years ago. Why do you think she keeps two armless zombies chained to her? Just speculate? It doesn't look to me she is part of a chain link gang or anything. Maybe someone chained them to her but she does seem to be leading them, almost like pets. I think it is a fairly safe bet that they are to mask her smell. Now, as I said, if a charcter in the show such as Andrea got this brainwave it wouldn't end well. It would slow her down, and you'd make a lot of noise with the groaning zombies and clanking chains. Not to mention the smell thing just wouldn't work. But who knows though maybe there is another reason for her unique stylings, I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Someone said it seemed off because of the tone, if thats the case then this is the tone they should be trying to set. Dark, mysterious, unnerving cliff hanger style stuff as opposed to Eastenders after a zombie apocalypse.
    Well then we want different things from TWD so lets agree to differ! What drew me first to it was the promise that it was a uncompromising look at what would happen to the survivors of a zombie apocalypse. Their joyless, hopeless day-to-day existence, interspersed with moments of violent and heartbreaking loss as they march relentlessly to their grim, inevitable and almost welcome deaths. But enough about Eastenders :D. Luckily I soon found the novel The Road to satisfy my need for depressing end of the world fiction.
    But it was the finale and it was a character introduction to set up the third series. Just as the camera panning to the eerie looking prison in the end scene was overdone just to give extra effect to set up the next series. Its was impact stuff, not bread and butter story lines like the other crap people complain about.
    That is a bit easy, just because it's a set up doesn't mean it should not be consistent to what comes before or after it. I certainly don't see how when setting up season 3 the writers should have carte blanche to throw silliness at us but face all sorts of criticism just because they set up a story by having Lori go for a drive...
    The atmosphere it created I was talking about. Its darker than anything else in the show so far. The Road was pretty simple and kinda boring but it had some high impact very dark unnerving scenes where you realised not everyone is a good person and given free reign the bad ones will do some nasty shít.
    It struck me as more from something like the Resident Evil films then The Road. Anyway I really don't know why I'm still writing about this scene, it hardly ruined the show for me and I'm still looking forward to Season 3!

• Advertisement

Let's forget about the comics, I'm not taking about the comics but you are the one bringing them up. I can honestly barely remember her character as I was losing interest at that stage and it was years ago. Why do you think she keeps two armless zombies chained to her? Just speculate? It doesn't look to me she is part of a chain link gang or anything. Maybe someone chained them to her but she does seem to be leading them, almost like pets. I think it is a fairly safe bet that they are to mask her smell. Now, as I said, if a charcter in the show such as Andrea got this brainwave it wouldn't end well. It would slow her down, and you'd make a lot of noise with the groaning zombies and clanking chains. Not to mention the smell thing just wouldn't work. But who knows though maybe there is another reason for her unique stylings, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Possibly to hide the smell yes, possibly not. Perhaps the cloak is soaked in zombie juice (we already know that works) and the walkers walking behind her cover her tracks. Who knows. Would it end well for Andrea ? No. We know the character and its not a direction she would go in. But this knew character isnt Andrea and we dont know anything about her so you cant compare her doing it to Andrea doing it.
    Well then we want different things from TWD so lets agree to differ! What drew me first to it was the promise that it was a uncompromising look at what would happen to the survivors of a zombie apocalypse. Their joyless, hopeless day-to-day existence, interspersed with moments of violent and heartbreaking loss as they march relentlessly to their grim, inevitable and almost welcome deaths. But enough about Eastenders :D. Luckily I soon found the novel The Road to satisfy my need for depressing end of the world fiction.

Cant hurt to have a different aspect though. This new group is obviously a lot more violent and has a few proper cnuts in it. Merle was the only person who had that dimension to his character and he disappeared early. And we were left with the dull ones moping about with nothing to counter it but Shane vs Rick which was way too dragged out. Perhaps this Michonne is similar to Merle, thats what hit me with her arrival, that she may be a bit on the mental side rather than a mystical supernatural ninja. And I'd welcome more of that, darken it up by showing the nastier side of human nature.
    That is a bit easy, just because it's a set up doesn't mean it should not be consistent to what comes before or after it. I certainly don't see how when setting up season 3 the writers should have carte blanche to throw silliness at us but face all sorts of criticism just because they set up a story by having Lori go for a drive...

Its not a carte blanche and I didnt find it silly, it was just created to made an impact with little screen time. You cant say it wasnt consistent because you have seen nothing but someone wearing a cloak with a sword. Hand held weapon - consistent with not drawing attention. Cloak to cover scent and features - consistent with hiding from zombies. Chopped the head off - consistent with killing zombies. The two walkers chained to her is the only odd thing and that cant be deemed inconsistent until we know why. It was consistent with the rest of the show just a little more dramatic because its setting up series 3.
    It struck me as more from something like the Resident Evil films then The Road. Anyway I really don't know why I'm still writing about this scene, it hardly ruined the show for me and I'm still looking forward to Season 3!

Yeah we are going in circles a bit so I'll leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Just watched the finale there....what a load of sh1te

I spent the whole episode going, why in god's name are you doing that? any logical person would do the exact opposite ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

LOL. I wasn't going to negatively comment in this thread again but honestly I don't know how the fcuk can anyone who watches tv shows think this show is great.

For a start, the writing is pure garbage, and this has been well documented throughout this thread. 1.Massive plotholes galore and plain stupid writing in every episode.

Most of the characters are useless and uninteresting (Carol, T-Dawg), some just pure annoying (Lori, Carl, Dale). The actors are not great at portraying the characters either. The guy playing Rick is useless, seriously, his voice is just so hamfisted. I laughed at his big speech at the end of the season finale. 2."It's not a democracy any more" - I don't remember it ever being a democracy as Rick always made the decisions. The characters are regularly inconsistent in their actions and do the dumbest things (see Lori for best examples).

As for the finale, what happened, we got half an episode of them getting chased by zombies, none of the stuff happening made any sense. Followed by some boring talk between the characters, like 3.Glenn to Maggie "I love you, should've told you a long time ago." - even though he only met her 2 weeks ago - more bad writing.

Some of the killing zombies action is quite good, but it's not really anything we haven't already seen in countless zombie films. I think the biggest fans of the show have to be the people who love the comics.
    1. Care to share a few of the massive plotholes?

2. Andrew Lincoln has been fantastic as Rick. He may not rival Hugh Laurie when it comes to American accents, but his southern drawl is passable. He's been universally applauded by critics for his handling of Ricks journey. And his acting. Initially the reception to his acting in season 1 was mixed (decidedly mixed) but he's received nothing but strong praise in season 2. I think both him and John Bernthral (Shane) were very good all season.

And yes it was decidely a democracy. He took a vote over Randall. That's democratic. At points he did things acting on impulse, deciding to go back for Merle, rescuing Randall initially, all relatively dumb things as his conscience was guiding him, he's learning to disregard that now.

3. When Glenn told Rick that Maggie said she loved him, he said "why? she barely knows me?". But this post-apocalyptic times and whilst a few weeks is not long to fall in love (it does happen even in real life!!) she said it to him very very soon. And he pushed her away rather than embracing it. Yeah it might be dumb, yeah it might be lust or the fact they're the only half decent looking people in the same age bracket left in the state of Georgia......but all he was doing in that scene was trying to calm her down and tell her he was there for her.

I'm really struggling to see how the Finale was nonsensical. The logic employed by the characters was: Kill as many zombies as possible and run for it. Yeah, we might all have a different approach or a million different ideas on how to deal with the herd, but what they tried to do wasnt illogical. Personally i would got some human bait on bikes to drag the herd away from the farm but that's no more or less illogical than what they ended up doing.

Hazys wrote: »
    Just watched the finale there....what a load of sh1te

I spent the whole episode going, why in god's name are you doing that? any logical person would do the exact opposite ffs

as i said before, logic is easy behind a laptop or tv screen.

These characters are fighting for their lives. Intelligent people do amazingly illogical things during disasters. I've used this example before in this thread, but a common fire drill in a work place - you are told where all the exits are, to proceed in an orderly, swift fashion to them. Yet if your workplace was in the middle of a quick-spreading blaze, people would be running for the exits and thats if they remember or are thinking clearly enough to find the emergency exits.

The prism by which to judge things is: are they doing anything wildly illogical by the standards of their characters? is it in character or out of character, baring in mind they are under the utmost stress/pressure? Then tell me which actions seemed ridiculous?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

1. Care to share a few of the massive plotholes?
    Re-read this entire thread, people pointed out plotholes for every episode, or read the episode recaps on Videogum.com.
    2. Andrew Lincoln has been fantastic as Rick. He may not rival Hugh Laurie when it comes to American accents, but his southern drawl is passable. He's been universally applauded by critics for his handling of Ricks journey. And his acting. Initially the reception to his acting in season 1 was mixed (decidedly mixed) but he's received nothing but strong praise in season 2. I think both him and John Bernthral (Shane) were very good all season.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. His accent is fine but when he kind of shouts or speaks loudly I think he sounds unconvincing.
    And yes it was decidely a democracy. He took a vote over Randall. That's democratic. At points he did things acting on impulse, deciding to go back for Merle, rescuing Randall initially, all relatively dumb things as his conscience was guiding him, he's learning to disregard that now.
    As far as I remember he's been calling the shots for the whole show.
    3. When Glenn told Rick that Maggie said she loved him, he said "why? she barely knows me?". But this post-apocalyptic times and whilst a few weeks is not long to fall in love (it does happen even in real life!!) she said it to him very very soon. And he pushed her away rather than embracing it. Yeah it might be dumb, yeah it might be lust or the fact they're the only half decent looking people in the same age bracket left in the state of Georgia......but all he was doing in that scene was trying to calm her down and tell her he was there for her.
    It's not that they fell in love so quickly, my point was "I should have told you a long time ago" - a long time ago is months or years, not 2 weeks. It's a small enough thing but that line itself is so cliche and he could've just said something like "I should've told you sooner".
    I'm really struggling to see how the Finale was nonsensical. The logic employed by the characters was: Kill as many zombies as possible and run for it. Yeah, we might all have a different approach or a million different ideas on how to deal with the herd, but what they tried to do wasnt illogical. Personally i would got some human bait on bikes to drag the herd away from the farm but that's no more or less illogical than what they ended up doing.
    Why did Rick open up the barn to the zombies and then set fire to them and the barn? He could've just pulled up the ladder and stayed up there. Why were they shooting all the zombies when it was clearly a waste of time and ammo when they was so many zombies. Herschel just standing there using infinite ammo even though there's hundreds of zombies coming towards him. I know he loves his farm but come on that's just stupid. Just get in your vehicles and get the fcuk out of there. I suppose they took the 'fight' option of the 'fight or flight' instinct, even though I think if you're that outnumbered your instinct should be to get the fcuk out of there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Why are people still watching if all they do is bitch about it? Over in the Radio Forum people bitch about Ray D'Arcy but can't turn the radio off as they might share an office with other people who have it on, so what's your excuse? The show was slow for the first half of Season 2... so what?! It gave us time to get to know the characters (bar T-Dog :p) a little better.

I've read the comics and I watch the show and I love them both, the comic is pure madness compared to the show so comparisons can't be drawn too much.
    Dale and Sophia are some of the longest serving characters in the comic but didn't last 2 seasons
    in the show for example. It would be boring if they did a shot for shot remake of the comics.

I'm just glad there is a show like this on TV with such a great source material such as the comics and that for 99% of the time is well made. Some of the zombie make-up is amazing. You can't say its similar to a million other zombie movies as 1. They aren't as good as TWD, Greg Nicotero is the master and 2. It's a show, not a movie. Stop picking holes and just enjoy it while it lasts. :D

Why did Rick open up the barn to the zombies and then set fire to them and the barn? He could've just pulled up the ladder and stayed up there. Why were they shooting all the zombies when it was clearly a waste of time and ammo when they was so many zombies. Herschel just standing there using infinite ammo even though there's hundreds of zombies coming towards him. I know he loves his farm but come on that's just stupid. Just get in your vehicles and get the fcuk out of there. I suppose they took the 'fight' option of the 'fight or flight' instinct, even though I think if you're that outnumbered your instinct should be to get the fcuk out of there.

Wouldn't have been much of a finale then, would it? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Watched the season finale last night and was left a little disappointed. Quite controversarily I found the scenes with the zombie mob dull and drawn out. (Despite it seeming the show had been missing out on zombie action for sometime!)

The previous 2 shows were great but the finale was below par. I take much of the physics and plot of the show with a pinch of salt (i dont get hung up on the zombies can/can't climb paradox) but I did have an issue with the "Lori hates Rick for killing Shane" scene. There was a scene not too long ago where it was spelt out by her that she wanted Rick to kill Shane. Lady Macbeth style. It was disappointing to have her go rasher.

Lastly, Rick. I hope they do not go all Michael Corleone on him now with this "dictatorship". We are starting to see a change in his personality but a Michael Corleone angle won't work.

Nice to see a Sith Lord turn up to save Andrea.... :pac:

batm!ke wrote: »
    Wouldn't have been much of a finale then, would it? :D

Would if the writers had of put a bit of effort into it instead of taking the lazy options. Could have had them surrounded and caught unaware so they had no choice but to fight their way out. Standing on the porch looking at hundreds of zombies coming towards you and deciding to go out and shoot as many as possible before legging it is just stupid. Ammo is their most important resource and was scarce anyway, they must have nothing now.

They should be put in situations where their actions are reasonable and makes good TV, not put themselves unreasonably into situations to make good TV.

Would if the writers had of put a bit of effort into it instead of taking the lazy options. Could have had them surrounded and caught unaware so they had no choice but to fight their way out. Standing on the porch looking at hundreds of zombies coming towards you and deciding to go out and shoot as many as possible before legging it is just stupid. Ammo is their most important resource and was scarce anyway, they must have nothing now.

They should be put in situations where their actions are reasonable and makes good TV, not put themselves unreasonably into situations to make good TV.

Fair point, well made.

Edit: Was the idea to leg it afterwards? Were they not just going to thin the walkers out and then re-evaluate the situation, if the decision was made to leg it afterwards I never heard anyone say it, and wouldn't they have organised a meet-up point if that was the case?As it was it was just instinct that they met back on the highway.

• Advertisement

Fair point, well made.

Edit: Was the idea to leg it afterwards? Were they not just going to thin the walkers out and then re-evaluate the situation, if the decision was made to leg it afterwards I never heard anyone say it, and wouldn't they have organised a meet-up point if that was the case?As it was it was just instinct that they met back on the highway.

Think the plan decided on was to kill as many as possible and then try to lure the rest away from the farm. I'm no zombie survival expert but I wouldnt waste ammo, making more noise and wasting time so more zombies can show up and surround the place before trying to lure them away from the farm. Like I said earlier a slow moving car would draw them off. I'd either try to lure them all off first or leg it and wait until they fcuked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

faceman;
    but I did have an issue with the "Lori hates Rick for killing Shane" scene. There was a scene not too long ago where it was spelt out by her that she wanted Rick to kill Shane. Lady Macbeth style. It was disappointing to have her go rasher.
    I thought it was exactly how Lori would react, she has been playing Rick v Shane all along whether deliberately or just because she is stressed and a muppet, I don't know, but it keeps the group tension going otherwise it would be just people running away from zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

2012-03-19.jpg

Re-read this entire thread, people pointed out plotholes for every episode, or read the episode recaps on Videogum.com.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. His accent is fine but when he kind of shouts or speaks loudly I think he sounds unconvincing.

As far as I remember he's been calling the shots for the whole show.

It's not that they fell in love so quickly, my point was "I should have told you a long time ago" - a long time ago is months or years, not 2 weeks. It's a small enough thing but that line itself is so cliche and he could've just said something like "I should've told you sooner".

thats a key point though, Rick hasnt been calling the shots the whole show. He's been more a reluctant leader, people turning to him for decisions and often he makes decisions that people are not happy about - going back for Merle, continuing the search for Sophia, rescuing Randall. The point of the Finale was he's just had enough of the sniping and b1tching over his decisions, so he's said enough is enough there's the road good luck but if you're staying here it's done by my rules. Basically my way or the highway.

As for the herd and wasting ammo etc.....even if they wanted to just get in cars and leg it (which Hercshel obviously didnt want to), they had the problem of Rick, Carl and Shane (to their knowledge) missing, so whilst they were debating that they kept shooting then eventually realised f.uck it this is pointless , leg it.

I think there's a massive difference between gaping plotholes and people not buying into internal logic of the characters/show. There's been nothing i've seen over 2 seasons that has been a "gaping plothole".

I always understood plotholes to be something impossible within the framework of the story. Like in Shawshank Redemption when he climbs through the hole to escape yet the next morning the poster is pinned down on all 4 corners with drawing pins (which is impossible)....

There might be examples of sloppy writing and a couple of glaring writing mistakes (climbing zombies) but nothing, for me, too major plot wise that seems impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

pixelburp wrote: »
    A strong ending - albeit off the back of a very basic plotline. I actually think throwing in the mysterious pals of Randall would have made the episode more interesting, rather than the prolonged zombie carnage we got. Not that I'm complaining mind you, a little action and tension did the series a world of good. That being said - a bit galling they merely bumped off characters nobody knew the names of.

The last episode did make me realise that I'm glad Hershel is alive - to be fair to the writers he was a good character, strongly acted too & deserved more time; I would have been annoyed were he killed in the last story. I'm going to guess he will now replace Dale as the voice of humanity & reason in the third series.

All that said - maybe the fans of the comic are salivating at the prospect of Michonne (sp), but as an introduction I actually laughed out loud. It was obviously a piece of fan-service, but the scene just felt utterly ludicruous, like we'd suddenly stepped into another genre altogether. The hood, chained zombies & samurai sword? Good god that was hilariously awful. Give the character a chance I know, but yeesh - cheestastic.

i like michonne .

but that was the only part of the episode where my mind went "power rangers".

theyve got to be REALLY carefull with her.

it should be do-able though.

she's been labled a badass but the fact is
    she's just fuking nuts and theres nothing "Strong" at all about being a psycho. even the comics showed that with her.

so that can explain some of the eccentricities which with a bit of luck will be limited to what we just saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Why are people still watching if all they do is bitch about it? Over in the Radio Forum people bitch about Ray D'Arcy but can't turn the radio off as they might share an office with other people who have it on, so what's your excuse? The show was slow for the first half of Season 2... so what?! It gave us time to get to know the characters (bar T-Dog :p) a little better.

How many times must the 'if you have problems with the show don't watch it' argument be brought up before people get it into their heads, for likely the 100th time in this thread the reason we stick with it is we are fans of the comic and/or the genre and are hoping it improves(and it did somewhat in the 2nd half of the season) ,and being that this is a forum for discussing the show we're merely executing our right to be critical of the show where we feel its warranted.
    I've read the comics and I watch the show and I love them both, the comic is pure madness compared to the show so comparisons can't be drawn too much.
    Dale and Sophia are some of the longest serving characters in the comic but didn't last 2 seasons
    in the show for example. It would be boring if they did a shot for shot remake of the comics.

lol how would seeing all your favourite moments from the comic brought to screen be boring , yes fair enough you can change stuff like adding Daryl to the mix or having shane survive longer (as they expanded story possibilities) but you don't substitute and you don't subtract from the source material.
    I seriously doubt the Readers of GRRM's a song of Ice and fire series(Game of thrones) are finding hbo's faithful adaption boring.

lol how would seeing all your favourite moments from the comic brought to screen be boring , yes fair enough you can change stuff like adding Daryl to the mix or having shane survive longer (as they expanded story possibilities) but you don't substitute and you don't subtract from the source material.
    I seriously doubt the Readers of GRRM's a song of Ice and fire series(Game of thrones) are finding hbo's faithful adaption boring.

I'm not looking forward to the hbo adaptation following the 2nd book ... pile of ****e :)

Back to TWD ... no show is going to please everyone, that's the beauty of personal opinion. I think that even if they stuck to the comics you would still have people giving their opinion about how the show could be better, about how the characters made stupid decisions, bad dialogue, plotholes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

someone made a good point. :)
    funny-facebook-fails-you-just-ruined-the-walking-dead-for-me.png

being that this is a forum for discussing the show we're merely executing our right to be critical of the show where we feel its warranted.

1) Fair point! The forum seems to criticise more than celebrate though unfortunately. The Walking Dead forum over in the Zombie Survival forum in Rec seems less negative altogether.

2) Nothing wrong with "favourite moments", I said a shot-by-shot remake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

vibe666 wrote: »
    someone made a good point. :)
    funny-facebook-fails-you-just-ruined-the-walking-dead-for-me.png
    That's from a cracked.com article about zombies if ya wanna look at their other points, interesting read :)

Advertisement