Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Sky Movies for 2 Months (give 31 days notice NOW!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

I'm couldnt be bothered calling them again.
    i'm just gonna cancel the direct debit a couple of days before the next bill is due, and let them come to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

tweety76 wrote: »
    also got billed for the movies even though we had cancelled well in advance.
    29 euro is our normal bill and got billed 81! can't even figure that out. Dreading phoning them to try and get it sorted might just email them instead.

emailed them to no avail waste of time they just said yes you have been billed for it!!

Called twice last night first time got through to UK call centre, fella didn't have a notion of what I was talking about said I never cancelled but I upgraded very frustrating. Told him I'd just have to speak to someone in Cork. Phoned again different options( downgrading package dept) Got through to an extremely helpful guy in cork who had all the info said it was a system error that I was charged and is refunding 56 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭mckildare

rameire wrote: »
    I cancelled no problem 2 weeks ago. Also I have not been charged for the movies. For the first or second month. So not everybody is getting charged for the movies.
    Basq wrote: »
    Was never charged either..

Grand so, hope I'm on that boat. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

My God the reps on the phone for Sky UK are complete gombeens!
    I rang 0818719819 then hit option 3 but unfortunately put me straight through to UK.
    After 4mins of bull****ting from 2 different reps I cut the 2nd lad short and demanded he put me through to Sky Ireland because they were wasting my time and money - I went through the same rigemorole when upgrading. That time it took 2 different calls lasting 39mins, 25mins of which I was on hold as they bounced me between reps...wasn't putting myself through that again!

Thr rep in Cork had my pack downgraded in 50secs.

I was onto them again 2 days ago for getting my money back.
    I called Sky Ireland this time.
    The guy just did what the other guys did. Filled in a form requesting my account to be credited. Havent heard anything since. I raised this originally with them 3 weeks ago.

Cant wait to cancel my direct debit, and i aint going to reinstate it until they give me my money back plus something extra to make up for the 3 weeks and 5 phone calls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

God, Sky are bunch of clowns, I left UPC so wouldn't have to put up their crap. They have billed me again for FREE Movies, and I gave the 31 days notice about 3 weeks ago but they said it wasn't updated on their system. I would recommend people to email them if you don't want to talk to them and be wasting your phone credit, they generally come back to you the following working day. Maybe Mods should move this thread into rip off ireland and not be in bargain alerts!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Title should be amended to include a warning to check your bill too, a lot of people have been charged for this it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Am I the only one who rings sky and gets them to ring me back?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Skunkle wrote: »
    They never called me back, better to email them. Save yourself the hassle of talkin to someone who cant do anything about it but takes 30 minutes to tell ya that. I e-mailed last night and got a reply this morning saying the money will be credited back.

Last time I get anything of this crowd free or not.

What's the email address?

Also wondering if I go for the fatcheese offer of
    " €67.50 cashback when you take out Sky+ box without the HD pack as a NEW Sky Customer."

can I also use the refer a friend for €50 offer?

Thanks for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Am I the only one who rings sky and gets them to ring me back?

great idea
    not sure why i never thought of that
    would have saved me a small fortune over the years and
    more so now as im ringing them from a mobile

Sneachta wrote: »
    What's the email address?

Also wondering if I go for the fatcheese offer of
    " €67.50 cashback when you take out Sky+ box without the HD pack as a NEW Sky Customer."

can I also use the refer a friend for €50 offer?

Thanks for any help.

No clue about the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

@skunkle thanks

i cancelled the direct debit today as i'm not getting anywhere with the refund.
    looking forward to the call from them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Ive never seen so many people get stung by sky....

Me thinks everyone is going to cancel sky and get combo boxes? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

I had no problem cancelling it,
    the day I set it up the chap in cork gave me a number to call to cancell, rang that, all sorted in less than two minutes. No bull no hard sell

Edit - the number he gave me was - 0818 719 858

To right. This offer has been a shambles.

I had no luck whatsoever.
    Cancel your direct debit, just like i did :)

I e-mailed them and explained what happened. I was credited the next day. Tell them you added movies on whatever date as a free offer but you were charged for it and want it credited back.

They dont add anything for free, they add the package and then add a credit to make it appear as free. If the credit wasnt added on the initial upgrade then it just shows as a normal upgrade.

• Advertisement

I got mine after a few phone calls and emails. Biggest bunch of muppets I have ever delt with on this. When my contract is up will probably end up going back to UPC.

Its very simple for anyone having trouble getting this problem sorted...

Ring the regular number... get through to billing/payments section and tell them you want to be credited for the error (there is no way they will refund back to your DD bank a/c or credit card) - they will just take the overpayment and credit your account for the next month.

There is no issue or problem getting this credit...

Just explain you were mis-sold the package and use the phrase "the terms were not explained to me fully on taking up the offer"... if there is any humming or hawing, tell them you want them to review the recording of the original phone call to them when you enquired on the offer (Sky record all phone calls and can review these if needed)

You will be credited the overpayment.

Simples.

Access wrote: »
    Its very simple for anyone having trouble getting this problem sorted...

Ring the regular number... get through to billing/payments section and tell them you want to be credited for the error (there is no way they will refund back to your DD bank a/c or credit card) - they will just take the overpayment and credit your account for the next month.

There is no issue or problem getting this credit...

Just explain you were mis-sold the package and use the phrase "the terms were not explained to me fully on taking up the offer"... if there is any humming or hawing, tell them you want them to review the recording of the original phone call to them when you enquired on the offer (Sky record all phone calls and can review these if needed)

You will be credited the overpayment.

Simples.

You will be left on hold for ages while the person consults a supervisor. In my case the phone call took 30 minutes and resulted in nothing other than a promise/lie of a supervisor calling me back. Only when I sent a strongly worded e-mail (4 days later) threatening the closure of the account did it get resolved. As simple as it should be they have no intentions of making it simple or easy for anyone.

The person in the billing department have no authority to credit accounts is what I was told when I rang. It needs to be reviewed by a supervisor who may or may not be busy and this cannot be resolved outside of normal work hours.

Whether or not they want to give refunds is irrelevant, if they take money from your account wrongly they HAVE to refund you if thats what you wish. Tiesto was dead right in cancelling the debit. Their new scam now is offering free packages/boxes/offers that come with terms that lock you into another years contract when people ring up to close accounts.

Just remember your not the only one obliged to do something. They have no business taking money from your account when that transaction isnt authorised and are legally obliged to refund it if they do. When you ring them be demanding and clear and if they mention putting you on hold say no, tell them you want to speak to the supervisor yourself.

Skunkle wrote: »

The person in the billing department have no authority to credit accounts is what I was told when I rang. It needs to be reviewed by a supervisor who may or may not be busy and this cannot be resolved outside of normal work hours.

You were told incorrectly by that rep... they do have authority to credit once confirmed by a supervisor.

My advice is to ring during normal office hours and be firm but polite on the phone - you will get the credit.

And no need to have a go at me Skunkle - im only passing on my advice on the matter. hope this helps others that were in the same boat as us.

Access wrote: »
    You were told incorrectly by that rep... they do have authority to credit once confirmed by a supervisor.

My advice is to ring during normal office hours and be firm but polite on the phone - you will get the credit.

And no need to have a go at me Skunkle - im only passing on my advice on the matter. hope this helps others that were in the same boat as us.

Wasnt having a go at ya was just relating my experience is all. My issue was resolved but the 30 minute phone call got me nowhere and was rather frustrating. The reps dont have authority, only the supervisor does and the credit can only be applied after the supervisor reviews the issue.

Which sounds like a simple thing but took me 30 minutes to get to the point of which the rep understood the issue and he said he can do nothing. I had to wait on a supervisors call. Despite him already speaking to the supervisor (or saying he did) twice while I was left on hold during the call.

As with everything involving sky I suppose the outcome of the call depends on whoever answers the phone. Could be simple and fixed in no length or could be another in a long line of headaches when dealing with sky.

Poor reflection on them when customers are forced to take it so far with whoever they deal with in order to resolve the situation when it could be done in 2 minutes.

Hopefully your e-mail will make em take notice and you'll have a response soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Can you explain to them about this thread and that there are dozens of people that you know of that got the offer and never got charged?

• Advertisement

the last guy I dealt with (in the irish office) was well aware that loads of people got charged in error.. but he never mentioned anything about crediting me back on the spot. He had to fill in some form for the accounting dept, like he did for the others affected..

Advertisement